Notices
Evo 'For Sale' Suspension / Brakes / Handling Includes pads, rotors, springs, shocks, swaybars, and other handling related components.

Aggressive Oversteering Handling with an ACD Reflash! SUMMERTIME SALE!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2011, 05:49 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Aggressive Oversteering Handling with an ACD Reflash! SUMMERTIME SALE!

For local customers the price will be $350 for a reflash of your choice! and if at anytime you wish to switch to another flash or return to stock we will do so for $100.

More Details on Each Flash

Street:
We can best describe this flash as "forgiving" with this unit there is an increased margin for error, giving the driver more confidence while allowing them to comfortably push the car to new limits. This reflash is the most mild improvement over stock, it is definitely a noticeable change but it will not be too aggressive for those looking to spend the majority of their time on the street and only a minor percentage at the track or in the Canyons. This reflash is primarily for those looking for a street able reflash that will offer an improvement over the stock unit's handling characteristics when you are engaged in any form of spirited driving. Last you will also notice a reduction in under steer as well as a lack of hesitation that the stock unit has when engaging the center differential.

Race:
This flash is designed with the track driver in mind and was designed as a racing reflash with aggressive locking characteristics for optimal grip and rotation. While this unit is primarily designed as a grip unit, with the more aggressive ACD settings will maximize the efficiency of the locking characteristic's of the center differential and will allow the car to rotate on command. We really wanted to offer a very high level of cornering stability while minimizing under steer and that is exactly what this flash will do. We do not recommend this flash for the faint hearted and it will be much less forgiving than the street unit but in turn will allow the car to rotate much more aggressively than both the stock unit and the Street reflash. The breakaway characteristics are optimized for sticky tires and best suited for R-Compound track tires. This Unit can be used on the street without issue just be aware that the differential engagement will be notably earlier than the stock and street unit.

Rally:
Last but certainly not least is the rally/gravel reflash. Although this flash is designed for Rally racing on gravel and really excels on loose surfaces when you apply a grip driving style, the locking characteristics of this flash provide an incredible amount of rotation. This flash will get loose on command and rotate the car through the application of power to the rear wheels. This can either be an excellent, or terrifying character trait depending on your skill level. This flash is very comfortable to drive hard and you can certainly tell that the car has more confident without traction, and when over steering and power sliding this flash really shines! Unlike the stock units tendency to under steer when pushed too hard, this unit will nearly completely cancel out all hints of under steer when driven properly. Another great factor of this flash is that it can even be utilized as a track flash if you are running wide or sticky r compound tires with excellent balance and neutral over steer tendencies.

REVIEWS!

Originally Posted by Boosted RS
alright guys, I finally got around to trying one of these things out at gruppe-s yesterday... I AM SOLD!!! I ended up buying the race unit on the spot and so far I couldn't be happier. These things really are incredible, it basically makes my 05 evo 8 feel like a 10 in terms or handling minus a hell of alot of weight I tried the street unit first and it was definitely better than stock but I am in love with the race flash. The car is a corner carving monster now, my drive home from gruppe-s yesterday was fun to say the least and my drive to work just got a hell of a lot better.

Thanks gruppe-s!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Blue Evo 8
More review notes:

I drove the car tonight to a local EVO meet and noticed that the car feels more like a rear wheel drive vehicle... especially thru the turns. I do notice that the car is easier to rotate, and once you take that turn, point the steering wheel in the dirrection you want to go and shoot.

I would love to go to an open parking lot or to a local airfield and push the car harder and see how it reacts..
Originally Posted by Jamdown
No track times but I love my race flash so far. The first corner I got on the power with was "woooah!".
At speed u can feel the rear helping you into the corner. I'm using RT-615's

ACD-Flash + GTWorx springs + alignment = :-D for me
Originally Posted by 4cdndctn
Not to sound like a fanboy, but I shaved a consistent 5% off my times in Tarmac mode. I left some of my recording and telemetry equipment at home so I could not gather all the data I wanted to but my times were dropping with all other things equal.

One of the first things I noticed was a change in my markers. My turn out markers were off an ave of about 3-6 feet so I was straightening my wheels out much sooner. Throttle steering was increased and I have more to uncover, but even day 1 yielded some big improvements.

I'm not sure if it's because of bad memory of there was an actual change but mid range acceleration seemed to improve. Upon applying the throttle, there seemed to be absence of hesitation I recall.

A slight countersteer was only required 1 time on a slower speed corner but I'm going to blame compressor surge followed by a slight feathering lift, not the ACD tune.

This was with my WORKS rear sway on the middle setting and NT01 cold pressures at 33/35 respectively. I will try upping my rears next time based on my avs pyrometer readings. I prefer the bar to not be on max to maintain more side:side independence.

There were no performance downsides to the tune. I will keep an eye on any unintended consequences of the tune but as of now, I only see ann upside.

I look forward to more testing-
Originally Posted by sscottttt
I got my race flashed ACD in a few days ago and I'd have to agree with what Gruppe-S is saying, the car feels great in all conditions. I have only been doing street driving with it so far but already I can feel how much better the car rotates. It doesn't feel tail happy like a RWD car it just turns much better. Previously if I was mid corner and applied more throttle I would have to fight the steering wheel to hold that line through the turn and the more throttle I gave it the more the car would understeer. Now there's much less fighting with the wheel and I haven't been able to get the car to understeer much at all yet on the street no matter how hard I push. In the wet I've pushed the car pretty hard trying to get the back to come around, hoping for a nice RWD like drift but the car acts very similar to how it did in the dry. It's very predictable and in control but it rotates, it feels much less like FWD now IMO it feels like an AWD car should. I haven't found a downside to this reflash yet, I'll have the car on the track this weekend at NJMP Thunderbolt so I'll be sure to report back how it does there as well.
Originally Posted by Timujin
I don't know this guy that posted above here, but here is my review of the RACE flash from socalevo.net

There is an on ramp in Diamond Bar for the 57FWY South at Sunset Crossing & Diamond Bar Blvd. It's an uphill right handed reducing radius curve. With the stock flash I would understeer while the boost came on (2nd gear) at the end of the curve. I had to get on the throttle as far on the inside as possible because by the time I got out of the curve I would have pushed/plowed out to the left well before the ACD had time to kick in and send drive to the rear. With the race flash set to tarmac, as soon as the front starts slipping under throttle the rear end is activated right away. It happens very fast and is surprising the first few times. The ACD balances the power which can be felt as a push from the rear especially when compared to the factory flash. I'm not saying the car feels RWD it feels AWD now. I have gone through some other second gear turns that are wider that have smoother pavement and I have intentionally nailed the throttle and the result is instant four wheel claw. In a nutsheel all turn exits under throttle are planted and very grippy feeling. FWIW I have only drained one tank of gas with this flash.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 03:54 PM
Former Sponsor

Bump!
Old Aug 8, 2011, 11:45 AM
Former Sponsor

Bump!
Old Aug 11, 2011, 04:14 PM
Former Sponsor

We got our stock ACDs flashed yesterday. Street and race flashes available!
Old Aug 15, 2011, 04:44 PM
Former Sponsor

Bump!
Old Aug 17, 2011, 01:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Bump!
Old Aug 17, 2011, 07:57 PM
Evolved Member

I sent you a couple PM's before, I'm going to try again now...
Old Aug 17, 2011, 08:13 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
$350?

Same price as always?
Old Aug 18, 2011, 04:04 PM
Former Sponsor

PMd! To the topp!
Old Aug 19, 2011, 03:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can you PM a little more information on this to me? I'm stationed in GA (I get back from Afghanistan in 3 months) and am interested in this. Currently my suspension is stock besides Robi-Spec lowering springs...thanks.
Old Aug 20, 2011, 01:44 PM
Former Sponsor

PM in your inbox sir!
Old Aug 24, 2011, 01:45 PM
Former Sponsor

To the top!
Old Aug 29, 2011, 05:58 PM
Former Sponsor

Bump!
Old Aug 30, 2011, 02:10 PM
Former Sponsor

Bump!
Old Aug 31, 2011, 04:39 PM
Former Sponsor

Bump bump bump!

Quick Reply: Aggressive Oversteering Handling with an ACD Reflash! SUMMERTIME SALE!