Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Official "Graphite Grey" picture thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2008, 10:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SunKren
I like your evo but there is just something wrong IMO.
I think it's too high and bad pictures but otherwise a nice car

Here's my newest and the 1st of my engine bay project that's finally showable I also represented EvoM and GG Evos and took Best Mitsubishi - 2nd Place at the PDXmas Tuner Bash Show (over 200 cars) my first trophy!

Last edited by AlvinHuyN; Dec 9, 2008 at 10:45 PM.
Old Dec 9, 2008, 10:55 PM
Evolving Member

Name:  IMG_0009.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  42.2 KB

Name:  n507857462_1499577_7270.jpg
Size:  36.9 KB

Name:  Launch.jpg
Size:  48.1 KB

Name:  photo.jpg
Size:  86.2 KB

Name:  DSC00058Small.jpg
Size:  38.7 KB

Figured I'd put up a few of mine.

Last edited by Alan Szabo Jr; Dec 9, 2008 at 11:01 PM.
Old Dec 9, 2008, 11:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm on swifts as well. And I'm not that high.
Old Dec 10, 2008, 08:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by spdrcr456
I'm on swifts as well. And I'm not that high.
Could be the 100lbs I have removed from the rear of my car also like I said.
Old Dec 10, 2008, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by AlvinHuyN

Wow, your car is like a mirror... you must claybar like a ****.
Old Dec 10, 2008, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

His camera helps too
Old Dec 10, 2008, 12:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=AlvinHuyN;6448050]I think it's too high and bad pictures but otherwise a nice car

Here's my newest and the 1st of my engine bay project that's finally showable I also represented EvoM and GG Evos and took Best Mitsubishi - 2nd Place at the PDXmas Tuner Bash Show (over 200 cars) my first trophy!

QUOTE]

Maybe I should have showed up

Just kidding.... I really like your style and your engine bay theme. Your car flows very nicely as well. Keep up the good work
Old Dec 10, 2008, 02:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Name:  P1040245-sm.jpg
Size:  66.8 KB
Name:  P1040249-sm-B.jpg
Size:  51.0 KB

Thought I'd add one more GG Evo to the list here!

Last edited by Laxman; Dec 10, 2008 at 02:21 PM.
Old Dec 10, 2008, 02:50 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by DeeezNuuuts83
Wow, your car is like a mirror... you must claybar like a ****.
FWIW, a clay bar won't produce a shine by itself. It is used to gather contaminants from the surface and sometimes, when applied by a novice, it can dull the finish. Polishing the paint drives the shine; though, in this case it's mostly due to photo processing. Stop by the detailing forum for more info.
Old Dec 10, 2008, 03:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by FJF
FWIW, a clay bar won't produce a shine by itself. It is used to gather contaminants from the surface and sometimes, when applied by a novice, it can dull the finish. Polishing the paint drives the shine; though, in this case it's mostly due to photo processing. Stop by the detailing forum for more info.
Actually, mine car shines like that in real life, so please get some info before you judge someone's ride. I wash my car weekely and do full details every 2-3 months. This was taken at a car show so yes it was spotless.
Old Dec 10, 2008, 04:04 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Actually, mine car shines like that in real life, so please get some info before you judge someone's ride. I wash my car weekely and do full details every 2-3 months. This was taken at a car show so yes it was spotless.
Errr...2-3 whole months? You clearly have no idea how silly that sounds to detailing enthusiast. I also own a GG and I detail as an Autopian, if you understand what that means. It's safe to say that I know what a well-polished GG looks like and your pics are altered. You can tell the above to someone who doesn't know any better and at this juncture you're barking up the wrong tree.
Old Dec 10, 2008, 04:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by FJF
Errr...2-3 whole months? You clearly have no idea how silly that sounds to detailing enthusiast. I also own a GG and I detail as an Autopian, if you understand what that means. It's safe to say that I know what a well-polished GG looks like and your pics are altered. You can tell the above to someone who doesn't know any better and at this juncture you're barking up the wrong tree.
lol just because you're a so called "autopian" doesn't mean you know someone else's car unless you're there IN PERSON looking at it. Let's put it this way, how many Mitsubishi mechanics, salesman, manager have I needed to explain to them how the Evo works or how it was engineered. Yeah, so it's save to say there are a lot of idiots out there who tries to pass for something they're not. And if that happens in real life, there will be many more on the internet

Oh yeah, and though I'm not an "expert" and when I say I detail my car it may mean something different to you or someone else - but if you talk to ANY local member who've seen my car, you'll know it is never dirty when I drive it to events and meets - ever.
Old Dec 10, 2008, 04:15 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

lol just because you're a so called "autopian" doesn't mean you know someone else's car unless you're there IN PERSON looking at it. Let's put it this way, how many Mitsubishi mechanics, salesman, manager have I needed to explain to them how the Evo works or how it was engineered. Yeah, so it's save to say there are a lot of idiots out there who tries to pass for something they're not. And if that happens in real life, there will be many more on the internet
I own an Evo with exactly the same paint. Please feel free to stop by the detailing forum and share your expertise. You're also welcome to look at my comments/threads there, as well. Your pics look very nice, there's no doubt about that. Frankly, I can only dream of taking such quality photos and manipulating them so cleverly, but please don't assume that we're all too stupid to realize when we're being BS'd.

Oh yeah, and though I'm not an "expert" and when I say I detail my car it may mean something different to you or someone else - but if you talk to ANY local member who've seen my car, you'll know it is never dirty when I drive it to events and meets - ever.
I know exactly what it means to bring GG to a show-quality finish, and the paint, itself, isn't nearly reflective enough to exhibit the effect posed in your pics. It's as simple as that.

Last edited by FJF; Dec 10, 2008 at 04:18 PM.
Old Dec 10, 2008, 04:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by FJF
I own an Evo with exactly the same paint. Please feel free to stop by the detailing forum and share your expertise. You're also welcome to look at my comments/threads there, as well. Your pics look very nice, there's no doubt about that. Frankly, I can only dream of taking such quality photos and manipulating them so cleverly, but please don't assume that we're all too stupid to realize when we're being BS'd.
I'll definitely do that. And yes pictures are post-processed I never lie about that. Please refer to my sticky thread on Digital Photography at the top of the forum to see what I always recommend that people do minimal processing. However, I think it's unfair to say that my Evo's paint is not good because my photo is, doesn't make any sense.
Old Dec 10, 2008, 04:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by FJF

I know exactly what it means to bring GG to a show-quality finish, and the paint, itself, isn't nearly reflective enough to exhibit the effect posed in your pics. It's as simple as that.
If you're ever in town I'd be more than happen to show you my car Maybe you just need to see a finer specimen of GG.

Quick Reply: Official "Graphite Grey" picture thread