Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Polk/MOMO MM2124 12" Subs (Good/Bad) ?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2005, 02:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Polk/MOMO MM2124 12" Subs (Good/Bad) ?

What's the verdict on these subs? I'm thinking about picking up a pair locally for a decent price. Here's a link to them on crutchfield:
12" Polk MM2124 Subs

Thanks.

Jon
Old Feb 17, 2005, 09:13 PM
Evolving Member

I might be picking them up this week end so I could really use your opinions. So far I've heard only good things, but I'd like to be sure...
Old Feb 18, 2005, 12:20 PM
Evolving Member

last bump...most people seem to like them and this is a good price ($150 for both brand new). I'm leaning toards getting them.
Old Feb 18, 2005, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

They are very nice subs. 2 things to remember BOX and AMP make all the difference in the world. Awesome subs with ****ty box and amp = $hit! Average subs in a good box and with a good amp = GOOD sound. So even nice subs can sound like a$$ if you dont have the other 2 parts. But these subs are nice!
Old Feb 18, 2005, 02:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BADEVO
They are very nice subs. 2 things to remember BOX and AMP make all the difference in the world. Awesome subs with ****ty box and amp = $hit! Average subs in a good box and with a good amp = GOOD sound. So even nice subs can sound like a$$ if you dont have the other 2 parts. But these subs are nice!
Thanks, that's what I want to hear I'm getting sleek_concepts to make me two custom fiberglass enclosures for them. I'm putting them in the wheel weels. They should sound good b/c Polk reccomends two small, sealed enclosures for these subs, and I think that fits the description perfectly. I'll check out good amps when I get some more cash. I just wanted to spring for this while I had the chance. Thanks bro.

Last edited by jong; Feb 18, 2005 at 02:14 PM.
Old Feb 18, 2005, 05:20 PM
Evolved Member

LMFAO - I hope Sleek COncepts doesnt do your boxes like the did my front lip! They ruined my bumper on the evo and bull****ted me through 3 weeks of waiting only to tell me they couldnt make the lip yada yada yada. Tell em to take a nice pic of that mustang hood with the bondo cracks in it. Youd be better off taking it to a stereo shop who know how to build a box to the right parameters
Old Feb 18, 2005, 05:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BADEVO
LMFAO - I hope Sleek COncepts doesnt do your boxes like the did my front lip! They ruined my bumper on the evo and bull****ted me through 3 weeks of waiting only to tell me they couldnt make the lip yada yada yada. Tell em to take a nice pic of that mustang hood with the bondo cracks in it. Youd be better off taking it to a stereo shop who know how to build a box to the right parameters
Thanks for the warning. Looks liek I better find another fiberglass guy...