Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

FEELER: varis/do-luck style lip in cf & abs??

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2005, 06:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FEELER: varis/do-luck style lip in cf & abs??

hey guys... my buddies own a carbon manufacturing and wholesale business and they would like to get some responses as to the demand for a certain lip for the evo. they can easily produce a varis and do-luck style lip in carbon fiber, as well as abs and polyurethane....

so the question is this,... if it were up to you, the consumer, which would you spend your hard-earned money on and in which material? obviously the do-luck style lip has already been made by another vendor that should remain nameless here do to the sub-par quality of their product. and also, gruppe-s has their own version, but they aren't readily availabe and sell out quick... they have also cancelled their varis style lip in polyurethane group buy. this lip can easily be produced for you guys in abs plastic or cf, as well as the do-luck lip.

so let me know guys.... they are ready to create the product; they just need to know the demand for certain styles and what not.... let me know, and feel free to contact me via pm or email and i can answer any questions that you might have, and if not, i can forward them to my buddies.... have a nice day...

eddie hahm
cmtdesign80@yahoo.com
Old Mar 9, 2005, 06:19 PM

i may be interested

just be depending on the price of the product
Old Mar 9, 2005, 06:20 PM
Evolving Member

definitely the do-luck lip in cf
Old Mar 9, 2005, 06:25 PM
Evolving Member

I believe Gruppe-S is coming out with the replica CF V-style soon too.. just saw a sample at their shop the other day.. But more option the merrier.
Old Mar 9, 2005, 06:28 PM
Evolving Member

cf do luck
Old Mar 9, 2005, 06:29 PM
Evolving Member

hmmmmmm....
Old Mar 9, 2005, 06:31 PM

both the varis and the do-luck's will come in cf, but they want to produce only one style of either lip in abs plastic, to be released very soon.... so which one would you prefer in abs?

cf will be available later in the year and the quality is expected to exceed any of the competition's versions...
Old Mar 9, 2005, 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
250/shipped for a plastic, durable, exact-fitment do-luck and you've got my money. not slip-on, or anything... just a plastic replacement done to exact specs
Old Mar 9, 2005, 06:35 PM

thanks hueman... thats what i like to hear... the more responeses i get guys, the faster this product can be made and available....
Old Mar 9, 2005, 07:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hueman
250/shipped for a plastic, durable, exact-fitment do-luck and you've got my money. not slip-on, or anything... just a plastic replacement done to exact specs
Yeah do-luck style for the abs. I agree with him that the fitiment should be like the original do-luck [a replacement for the stock lip]. Both of the other vendors failed to make a good replica. Gruppe-s made a good quality and fitting lip, but the whole cut off fake carbon fiber was a miss. Street concept made a double back tape version that was just a cover over the stock lip, horrible idea. I just want a good quality lip that won't blow off at speeds excess of 100 mph.

btw any estimates on pricing?
Old Mar 9, 2005, 08:08 PM
SoR
Evolved Member

vote for cheap ABS plastic
Old Mar 9, 2005, 08:09 PM
Evolving Member

yup, do luck, abs, perfect fit/replacement for $250 would be awesome!
Old Mar 9, 2005, 09:23 PM

nothing is concrete as far as pricing goes, but it will be quite affordable.... i wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being under 250, but as i stated, nothing is concrete...

judging by the responses, it looks like do-luck is the lip that is going to be produced... and remember that the cf versions of both the varis and the do-luck will be available later this year, with the abs version of the do-luck set to be released in the near future...

i'll keep you guys posted and when things are set in motion we can set up a group buy.... thanks for all the feedback and responses guys! feel free to contact me with any questions....

eddie...
Old Mar 9, 2005, 09:26 PM
Account Disabled

Location: driving the 10 second beast in ohio or running lightmods.net
if you make it i will buy
Old Mar 9, 2005, 09:49 PM
Evolving Member

why are evo lips so much $$ reall c west lip for rsx is like under $400, replicas were under 100 and if there was group buys they were like 70 so whats up with the high prices on evo lips, my boy owns a 04 m3 and even cf lips for the m3 are like $400-$600 authentic , i just dont understand !!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: FEELER: varis/do-luck style lip in cf & abs??