Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Keeping Car Clean During Winter

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2005, 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by scott88vr6
and having a beater car helps
I like how this guy thinks. Instead of spending 800 bucks on purchasing mounting and balancing some blizzaks, how about you buy an 800 dollar beater and your evo should stay clean for the entire winter. I thought about trading in my 95 jetta but why? They would only give me 1000 for it and it has power everything and heated seats so thats my beater.
Old Dec 1, 2005, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
touchless car wash with a drier is what I use
Old Dec 1, 2005, 09:10 AM
Evolved Member

yeah - I think the best way to keep it clean is to not drive it. That snow and salt just stick to the underneath and cause havoc. Else, try to get to the manual washes as frequently as possible and blast the wheelwells and underneath of the car!
Old Dec 1, 2005, 09:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo 8 ya
touchless car wash with a drier is what I use
would not recommend touchless with air dry when the temp is around 32 or lower, trust me, you will be upset.
Old Dec 1, 2005, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NoTec
would not recommend touchless with air dry when the temp is around 32 or lower, trust me, you will be upset.
No problems when I did it. Air dryers were heated.
Old Dec 1, 2005, 11:09 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo4g63awd
if i could afford to pay someone to wash my car, i still probably wouldnt do it because i dont trust anyone touching it....
I hear you and i also wash and detail once a week inside and out. I just think i will stick with my normal routine but also start driving my beater truck this is probably the last year it will make it with out some upkeep so i will just start driving it when first snow falls.
Old Dec 1, 2005, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Lazyfong
We should get together this winter and wash our cars..
alright, i do it about once a week in the freezing cold, can you handle it ??? enough to make icicles from my nose
Old Dec 1, 2005, 11:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 05SilverEvoVIII
I hear you and i also wash and detail once a week inside and out. I just think i will stick with my normal routine but also start driving my beater truck this is probably the last year it will make it with out some upkeep so i will just start driving it when first snow falls.
for washing once a week. i would drive my beater, but i just sold my other 2 cars a few months ago in order to try and pay this car off early. i shoulda done it after spring
Old Dec 1, 2005, 11:25 AM
Evolved Member

actually to test my sanity my neighbor whom i had never met came over and the first thing i heard was "girl are you alright?" i thought she was joking so i responded yeah why "it just snowed and your outside washing your car, its freezing cold" i laughed and kept on washing my car... she told me she hadnt washed her truck in 3 months, haha, she rolled her eyes when i then told her i hadnt washed my car in 3 days!!!!
Old Dec 1, 2005, 05:56 PM
Evolved Member

^ If it gets too cold you should drop a line and cruise about 20 miles south on randall. I work at a drive thru handwash and detail center in St. Charles, we are the best around period. Lots of our regular customers drive from about an hour away and still figure its worth it. We have all the local supercars getting washes regularly when they are actually driven in the summer.

We are also opening a performance shop next door which will be fun.

Boltz
Old Dec 1, 2005, 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

well i am insane about washing my car AT LEAST once a weak, and i dont like other people touching my car. so i get i nice bucket of warm water with a sponge and wash on, dry off as fast as i can without freezing my butt off!

Warm water is just taking the wax off - better off not washing it Gotta keep a nice coat of wax on it
Old Dec 1, 2005, 06:15 PM
Evolving Member

i went do delta sonic car wash and they are awesome. They washed my car detailed it inside and out and waxed it really good i spend almost 100$ but it was worth it my car is safe for the winter oh and i still have 2 free washes from them so i ques i'm gonna go there again to wash my car and i pay a little extra for waxing it again
Old Dec 1, 2005, 07:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 05SilverEvoVIII
Want to hear some of your ideas on how to keep you car clean during the winter?
I know to clean it but seeing if there was any tricks so you dont have to clean every week in the freezing cold?
basically i do the same as i did in the summer
wash one a week

but sorry i have no tips for freezing cold
Old Dec 1, 2005, 09:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Boltz.
^ If it gets too cold you should drop a line and cruise about 20 miles south on randall. I work at a drive thru handwash and detail center in St. Charles, we are the best around period. Lots of our regular customers drive from about an hour away and still figure its worth it. We have all the local supercars getting washes regularly when they are actually driven in the summer.

We are also opening a performance shop next door which will be fun.

Boltz
I would, but Im bad i dont pay people to wash my car. And I dont really anyone with my car. I appreciate the offer though. St Charles isnt far off at all, I have family down there.

And as far as waxing, trust me, i do that in the winter time too!! just not as often as I would like to....
Old Dec 1, 2005, 10:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
alright, i do it about once a week in the freezing cold, can you handle it ??? enough to make icicles from my nose
I hope I can handle it! Depending on the condition I might have to bring out my PC7424. I just picked up a new leaf blower today for drying the car as well. My neighbors think I am crazy too!

Quick Reply: Keeping Car Clean During Winter