Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Why I don't let anyone drive my Evo anymore

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2006, 03:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Why I don't let anyone drive my Evo anymore

I came home from school one day, and see my dad working in the garage. He asks me to back the Evo out into the drive way so he could move some stuff to the other side of the garage. Me being the lazy person I am throw him the keys and say 'Here, you can do it' Big Mistake!

While backing it out he rubs sides with my sisters car. He comes into the house telling me what had happened. So I go out to inspect the car, and sure enough there's chips in the rear right panel. He told me he didnt notice my sisters car in the driveway

So anyways here are some pics of what happened. I know that touch up paint will fix the scratches, but is there any way to buff out the rubbing that happened around the Tail Light?
Attached Thumbnails Why I don't let anyone drive my Evo anymore-pict0064u.jpg   Why I don't let anyone drive my Evo anymore-pict0068u.jpg  
Old Mar 19, 2006, 03:28 PM
Evolving Member

I think the stuff on the taillight might come off with some effort. It depends on if it is paints scuffs or scratched glass.

Also you shouldn't blame your dad you should have moved the car yourself, but I think you realize that now.
Old Mar 19, 2006, 03:29 PM
Evolved Member

Sorry to see that.

It might be time for a JDM rear bumper.

Last edited by Spec'd; Mar 20, 2006 at 09:36 AM.
Old Mar 19, 2006, 03:29 PM
Evolved Member

man that suxs
Old Mar 19, 2006, 03:31 PM
Evolved Member

I think you should just get into a huge fist fight with your dad
Old Mar 19, 2006, 03:32 PM
Evolved Member

dude dont worry , things could have been worse. Your evo is not a 500,000 dollar show piece so dont worry. Stuff happens and your evo will not be perfect 4 ever. You will have battle scars along the way.
Old Mar 19, 2006, 03:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Kings Fan
I think you should just get into a huge fist fight with your dad
Noo, my dad's paying half my monthly payments while I'm saving up for College. So that's outta the question if I still want to keep the car
Old Mar 19, 2006, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by prind0
Noo, my dad's paying half my monthly payments while I'm saving up for College. So that's outta the question if I still want to keep the car

Come on, just admit you'd get whooped haha jk, Try buffing that out with some wax, if not touch up paint should cover most of it up.
Old Mar 19, 2006, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That doesnt look too bad man, just buff it out and use some touch up paint....

believe me the scratches and nicks I have on my EVO are my own fault....

I need to get into a fist fight with myself....

Anyway seriously, I have a touch up paint pen, and a touch up paint bottle and have patched up my scratches and chips that it looks like new...
Old Mar 19, 2006, 03:38 PM

yeah, hence the suggested fist fight.

Originally Posted by MrMejia
...You will have battle scars along the way.
Old Mar 19, 2006, 03:40 PM
Evolving Member

So anyways back on topic. Buffing should get the marks on the Tail Light out?
Old Mar 19, 2006, 03:43 PM
Evolved Member

Make him pay for the damage, get a new tailight and have a shop repaint the whole bumper... 5 to 6 hundred dollars I imagine. Tell him he's been driving a lot longer than you and should've known to always look behind you when backing up instead of just in the mirrors and that it is entirely his fault for being ignorant and in a hurry.

The touch up paint pen is great, if you're gonna end up having to pay yourself... and in that case, I wouldn't even do anything more than that (i.e. leave the taillight alone) the pen is like 7 bucks and totally worth it, I fix all of my bumper scrapes with it and unless you look close you can't tell that all the paint has been scraped off of large sections... (Coilovers + steep driveway entrances = no fun)
Old Mar 19, 2006, 03:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by UT_Evo
Make him pay for the damage, get a new tailight and have a shop repaint the whole bumper... 5 to 6 hundred dollars I imagine. Tell him he's been driving a lot longer than you and should've known to always look behind you when backing up instead of just in the mirrors and that it is entirely his fault for being ignorant and in a hurry.

The touch up paint pen is great, if you're gonna end up having to pay yourself... and in that case, I wouldn't even do anything more than that (i.e. leave the taillight alone) the pen is like 7 bucks and totally worth it, I fix all of my bumper scrapes with it and unless you look close you can't tell that all the paint has been scraped off of large sections... (Coilovers + steep driveway entrances = no fun)
I'm trying to get away from having to do that. $600 for a bumper and new Tail Light just doesnt seem like the way to go. It's mostly my fault, but then again it is also his fault for not watching, so I'm trying to find other choices than buying new things
Old Mar 19, 2006, 03:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
thats what lazy bums get.
<---no sympathy

get some lable remover and see if that takes off the paint transfer ...if your top coat completly came off ...then wax your car and get that touch up pen out.
Old Mar 19, 2006, 03:54 PM
Evolved Member

thats not even that bad

Quick Reply: Why I don't let anyone drive my Evo anymore