Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Smokedmustang's '03 BBY Evo Photoshoot by M2imageworks.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2006, 09:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice Matthew. Polarizer?
Old Jul 25, 2006, 10:01 PM
Evolved Member

did you ask for permission to take them pictures there just messing, love the pics man car looks sweet.. neat idea on the hood color not matching any other part of the car, really stands out
Old Jul 25, 2006, 10:13 PM
Evolving Member

Rocketscience:
No Polarizer actually. Just a standard UV filter on my Nikkor 17-55 f2.8 Glass. Camera is the new Nikon D2XS. There were a few shots done with the Nikkor 70-200VR f2.8 - also with the Hoya UV Filter.

The D2XS is awesome, although I am still getting used to it. I actually screwed up on some of the photos - I had set the ISO up to 1000 and got a minor amount of noise, but this camera handles it really well. The full res shots are amazing. Only other "bad" thing is that all of these were shot as High Res JPEG and not RAW like I usually do because Photoshop CS2/Adobe Camera Raw does not yet support the D2XS. bummer.

SmokedMustang - re: Rabbit Attack
Yeh, that bunny did some serious damage to the front end. Splitting Hares indeed. Nastiest thing was the aftermath left on the underside of the splitter that had to be washed off!! ewwww! For the ones who dont know the story - I couldnt avoid going over an already dead, fat rabbit in the middle of the road on the way to the meet in Kalamazoo this past saturday. The rabbit cracked the APR splitter right at the left hole for the stays. On the way home, the wind got ahold of part of the splitter and started wrecking havoc - bending down the broken part and ripping off the front chin spoiler to boot. It bent/broke nearly all the clips on the chin spoiler. We wrapped it with a levi's belt to get to a local gas station off the highway where I bought a 6 pack of bungee cords that we used to secure the front end for the trip back to indy. Those held up pretty well - even doing highway pulls up to 105mph! Team Bungee Rabbit is hereby formed....

We had full permission from the limestone quarry for the shoot and they even had one of their more senior guys there (getting paid double time) to watch out for us. Signed the safety wavers, got our hardhats and got to business. For a shoot location, I dont think we could have asked for a better location. At the site owners request, we cannot reveal exactly where this shoot took place though.

Glad everyone likes the photos. Hopefully they do some justice to an awesome ride. And for the record, I have yet to see a bag of Cheetos in or around Smoked's car or house. Perhaps he has his own stach somewhere.... (?)
Old Jul 25, 2006, 10:15 PM
Evolving Member

you can now download the beta of lightroom for PC. I havent messed too much with it myself, but IT might read your RAW files and take you to DNG or tiff. Kind of an involved process, not sure if it's worth it if it CAN work that is.
Old Jul 25, 2006, 10:27 PM
Evolved Member

your car is sick, but whats up with the stock rice-tezza tails? You need some evo 7 lights pronto!!
Old Jul 25, 2006, 10:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by smokedmustang
That is my car. Matthew (the photographer) got the ARP splitter from me, and he hit a rabbit with it, and it tore his nose/chin, etc... off his car!!
I know I know its your car I was just having a little fun
Old Jul 25, 2006, 10:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sick car. What wheels, Pro Race? What are the specs?
Old Jul 25, 2006, 11:09 PM
Evolved Member

Great pics!!!!

Kevin your car looks great. I need to go fro a ride in that and see what the 2.3 is all about.
Old Jul 25, 2006, 11:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
"Sick Wit It"
Old Jul 26, 2006, 01:47 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
nice pictures
Old Jul 26, 2006, 06:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by xmaciek82x
Sick car. What wheels, Pro Race? What are the specs?
Road race/drag race/auto x. mods in the signature!! Thanks for the props. I guess I should get out of this thread, as it is a "photography" thread. I guess Matthew can answer the photo questions!
Old Jul 26, 2006, 07:19 AM
Evolved Member

very nice! love the look of the hood! I wonder where that idea came from? lol.jk. But IMO your car is one of the best looking evos i've seen! keep up the good work
!
Old Jul 26, 2006, 08:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 03evo4g63
very nice! love the look of the hood! I wonder where that idea came from? lol.jk. But IMO your car is one of the best looking evos i've seen! keep up the good work
!
Thanks bro!! the idea on the hood, is........*ahem* yours!! Thanks again!!
Old Jul 26, 2006, 09:19 AM
Evolving Member

Photoshoot pics turned out GREAT - excellent choices for locations!

Kudos to the gravel pit owner for giving permission... does he get a free ride?

Rabbit - so that's what that mess in the road was! (SUVs had pretty much turned it to paste by time I drove by... YUCK!! )
Old Jul 27, 2006, 03:06 AM

thats a sweet ride bro!

Quick Reply: Smokedmustang's '03 BBY Evo Photoshoot by M2imageworks.