Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

My New Wheels - Can you say 3" Lip!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2006, 11:35 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iforged=baller!
Old Sep 30, 2006, 11:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hopper
I will be patiently waiting for installed pics
+1
Old Sep 30, 2006, 11:56 AM

That's a pretty nice look Kris. +1

I think I might check out what new designs they have out now.... always loved the HRE catalog and iForged made some similar designs at a much lower price. When do the tires come in?
Old Sep 30, 2006, 11:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Pitbul09
those are iforged rims they are high quality .
If you make a statement like that you should back it up.

Iforged, DPE and Jline are made from the same manufacturer with old forging technology and stretched rim blanks.

I own a set and I 100% regret buying them. I listened to people harping on how great those wheels were...so I basically f*cked myself by not doing the research beforehand.

Originally Posted by M3this
I knew there would be some haters. I could careless, as its their own problem if they dont open their minds to options other then the standard run of the mill, I follow everyone else, volks.

I had a set of LE37s on the car before ... great rims. The quality of these iForged rims are just as nice if not better. Only down side is they are heavier, which I dont care as they are my street/show set up as I have a 2nd set of rims for track use.
Hey, I'm really not trying to ruin your excitement. I know what it's like to buy wheels.

But I'm trying to give you some advice and some tips. I know you're gonna run the wheels anyway. They look great. No doubt about it.

However, just because they come nice and shiny doesn't mean they are good quality. They really aren't.

And again, with all respect, I'm not trying to hate on your wheels or try to be all JDM and whatever. I definately would not use them on the track and if you have a second set of wheels, it's a perfect show set.

I have had some considerable experience with Iforged, DPE as well as Volk and others.

Iforged and DPE polish their wheels and leave them uncoated, allowing them to fade and discolor. Their rim blanks are considerably inferiour to newer designs because they are stretched and that leaves a channel for water to collect and cause imbalance during driving. Their quality control is typically horrible as many people have received wheels from them that are already bent (don't know if this has changed).

But again, and I'm absolutely serious. I'm not trying to spoil your fun. They are great lookin wheels with a huge-*** lip. They look awesome. But just don't tell yourself they are high quality because they look great. Good luck with them. I'd like to see em on the car.

I have volks on my car for 2 years and then switched out to DPE...The volks literally left my car more true than the DPE came in the mail. Three of the DPE's arrived with small bends from the manufacturer. You can only tell when you spin them on a tire balancing machine. Only 2 were fixable.

I would recommend Volk any day.
If you compare a Volk wheel on a wheel balancer to any Iforged or DPE you will see the difference immediately.

Last edited by SophieSleeps; Sep 30, 2006 at 12:04 PM.
Old Sep 30, 2006, 11:59 AM
Evolved Member

By the same token, HRE was banned from racing for inferior build quality because they too use similar forging technologies.
Old Sep 30, 2006, 11:59 AM
Fomer Vendor

I like them. I think they are going to look great. I will be waiting for the installed pics too.
Old Sep 30, 2006, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

Here are the pics of mine...
The tire shop outlined every bend on the inside lip:
There were brand new.
Also, you can see the channel on the wheel blank where it will hold water. Other wheels have this channel as well, but they don't do the same thing.

But they really did look great.

Old Sep 30, 2006, 12:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SophieSleeps
By the same token, HRE was banned from racing for inferior build quality because they too use similar forging technologies.

I thought this was a rumor. For $1,500 a wheel "specifically made for exotic cars" I was hoping HRE would have superior build quality. This makes me wonder they they charge so much for their damn wheels.
Old Sep 30, 2006, 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ArcticHaze
I thought this was a rumor. For $1,500 a wheel "specifically made for exotic cars" I was hoping HRE would have superior build quality. This makes me wonder they they charge so much for their damn wheels.
It really does suck huh. Everytime I see anyone rockin HRE's I feel bad for them.
Old Sep 30, 2006, 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

i love dish.
Old Sep 30, 2006, 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

tisk tisk tisk...shoulda bought a cadillac
Old Sep 30, 2006, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Where you come to vacation and go home on probation! Vegas!
Originally Posted by SophieSleeps
If you make a statement like that you should back it up.

Iforged, DPE and Jline are made from the same manufacturer with old forging technology and stretched rim blanks.

I own a set and I 100% regret buying them. I listened to people harping on how great those wheels were...so I basically f*cked myself by not doing the research beforehand.

Hey, I'm really not trying to ruin your excitement. I know what it's like to buy wheels.

But I'm trying to give you some advice and some tips. I know you're gonna run the wheels anyway. They look great. No doubt about it.

However, just because they come nice and shiny doesn't mean they are good quality. They really aren't.

And again, with all respect, I'm not trying to hate on your wheels or try to be all JDM and whatever. I definately would not use them on the track and if you have a second set of wheels, it's a perfect show set.

I have had some considerable experience with Iforged, DPE as well as Volk and others.

Iforged and DPE polish their wheels and leave them uncoated, allowing them to fade and discolor. Their rim blanks are considerably inferiour to newer designs because they are stretched and that leaves a channel for water to collect and cause imbalance during driving. Their quality control is typically horrible as many people have received wheels from them that are already bent (don't know if this has changed).

But again, and I'm absolutely serious. I'm not trying to spoil your fun. They are great lookin wheels with a huge-*** lip. They look awesome. But just don't tell yourself they are high quality because they look great. Good luck with them. I'd like to see em on the car.

I have volks on my car for 2 years and then switched out to DPE...The volks literally left my car more true than the DPE came in the mail. Three of the DPE's arrived with small bends from the manufacturer. You can only tell when you spin them on a tire balancing machine. Only 2 were fixable.

I would recommend Volk any day.
If you compare a Volk wheel on a wheel balancer to any Iforged or DPE you will see the difference immediately.

FYI when was the last time you checked into their manf. process? Its has changed in recent years.

Also all three DPE, HRE, and iForged are all made the same place, as well as most other US based forged wheels.
Old Sep 30, 2006, 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by M3this
FYI when was the last time you checked into their manf. process? Its has changed in recent years.

Also all three DPE, HRE, and iForged are all made the same place, as well as most other US based forged wheels.
Again man, I'm not trying to argue.

I bought my wheels last year. Unless they made huge changes in manufacturing, then that's the last time I checked.

The fact that all 3 are made in the same place is exactly my point.
I lump them all in the same boat. I wouldn't buy any of them.

I'm unsubscribing. I don't want to start an argument.
The wheels look great man. They're gonna look badass on the car. Good luck with it.
Old Sep 30, 2006, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
can't wait to see this
Old Sep 30, 2006, 02:06 PM
Evolving Member

looks super but more like 2.5 inch lip to me, just like the member ^posted his lip 3 1/4 instead of 3 1/2.

guess you didn't have any hard time dealing with IF? several old VW boys i know had a hard time dealing with them in the past.

Last edited by evolusion; Sep 30, 2006 at 03:17 PM.