Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Cali Cops: Bad?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2007, 09:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cali Cops: Bad?

So yesterday and I installed a Magnaflow "JDM Style" catback (Will explain/ review in another post) and wanted opinions from a few friends on the sound. At 10p we end up driving to Rockin Bowling for drinks and well....bowling. When leaving the alley at around 1am, I had 3 friends in my car, and the rest (5) in a Tundra. From a stoplight I did a 1-2 exceleration shifting at around 6k, and as soon as I went in to 3rd to cruise....*BAM*... blinded with the blue red and whites.

Now I wasn't afraid of being pulled over, but of the fact that I had 3 Coronas... which isn't a lot but I hadn't eaten since 5hrs before. Im 6' 210lbs, but one of my friend's that witnessed ruined his chances of becoming a fire fighter for blowing a .09, and I didn't know if 3 beers wouldve kicked me over. Not only that, I had JUST put exhaust on 5hrs before and didn't want a ticket for it on the first day.

I went through the proper precedure, pulled over safely(blinkers), turned off the car, and put both hands on the steering wheel. When the officer approached, he asked "What's the rush?" I replied "duh er um...my friends, um left me and I was trying catch up quickly" ...He then said "Well you were going 60 in a 45, and you left that light like a bat out of hell. There are too many drunk drivers around for you to be doin this at this time of night....If you make an effort to not do that, I'll just verbally warn you" ... "Yessir, I apologize, and I'll be smarter from now on." I start my car (not stock sounding), and he MASHES it past me...in the new Dodge Charger patrol car.

The only reason I took the time to post this is because everyone is always b!tching about how SoCal cops suck. I was blatantly in the wrong for leaving the light like that (empty street prob. plays into it), I was speeding, AND I had exhaust all at 1am. And I received no ticket *knocks on wood* ...Could've been one of those horror stories, but somehow I think my attitude played into it. I have no qualms with SoCal PDs

BTW.. this was on the border of Tustin/Irvine ....where the cops are "the worst" apparently
Old Feb 4, 2007, 09:22 PM
Evolving Member

I live in the area, most are bad but you just got extremely lucky.

They do pull over people for random DUI checks on holidays(which includes superbowl) so thats not a surprise.

Based on experience if you look decent enough they will let you go with a slap on the wrist. Some of my "thugish" looking friends did get *** raped. They got pulled over for an exhaust which led to the tint issue then pop the hood and then referee ticket for a modified engine. They hit the ticket jackpot at that point.

Last edited by ArcticHaze; Feb 4, 2007 at 09:25 PM.
Old Feb 4, 2007, 09:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by boostless
I was blatantly in the wrong for leaving the light like that (empty street prob. plays into it), I was speeding, AND I had exhaust all at 1am. And I received no ticket *knocks on wood* ...Could've been one of those horror stories, but somehow I think my attitude played into it. I have no qualms with SoCal PDs

BTW.. this was on the border of Tustin/Irvine ....where the cops are "the worst" apparently
You forgot to mention the coronas...not smart, even if you were perfectly fine. If that cop was NOT cool you would of had a DUI. If would have been me I would been in the back of that patrol car.
Lucky you didn't get caught, Drive safe Bro!!
Old Feb 4, 2007, 09:55 PM
Evolving Member

why is this in show and shine?
Old Feb 4, 2007, 09:56 PM
Evolved Member

I'm black and live in Irvine so I know what you mean by how you look. I stopped wearing the "thuggish" clothing (i.e. do-rags, super baggy clothes) 'cause I was sick of being looked at while in stores etc etc. Plus, I'm 25 goin on 26...too old for it. What I've learned the hard way is that if you're goin to look the part, be prepared to be treated in such a way.

As for the Coronas, that's what was the most nerve racking about it. Do you think at my size that drinking 3 between 10:30p-1a I would have blown over the limit? I drink, but I dont know what .08 feels like

Edit...I didnt mean to put this in show and shine. I meant to do the exhaust review but did this in the wrong forum. My bad. If it could be moved thatd be coo
Old Feb 4, 2007, 10:07 PM
Evolving Member

No worries bro.... your attitude played everything into the equation. Irvine has a LOT of ricer racers out there...so they cracked down hard. You did get pulled over from Tustin...they are the only agency here in so cal with the charger. I did a ride along in one, and HOL# SH*T!!! The police package rocks! As for pulling the race card....well.....I will tell you this, it truly no longer exists. The media will display otherwise!! The truth of the matter is, it's not the skin color anymore, it's the actions of the individual. I appreciate your story, and would like to thank you for not trashing the cops....take care man..
Old Feb 4, 2007, 10:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm black and live in Irvine so I know what you mean by how you look. I stopped wearing the "thuggish" clothing (i.e. do-rags, super baggy clothes) 'cause I was sick of being looked at while in stores etc etc. Plus, I'm 25 goin on 26...too old for it. What I've learned the hard way is that if you're goin to look the part, be prepared to be treated in such a way.

As for the Coronas, that's what was the most nerve racking about it. Do you think at my size that drinking 3 between 10:30p-1a I would have blown over the limit? I drink, but I dont know what .08 feels like

Edit...I didnt mean to put this in show and shine. I meant to do the exhaust review but did this in the wrong forum. My bad. If it could be moved thatd be coo
Hell no, not at 6 ft 210 lbs. lol I would say it's HIGHLY Doubtful! Glad to hear you didn't get a ticket for anythign even though you were in the wrong. I have to agree and say your actions and attitude play a huge factor in how the police officer may act in any given traffic stop. Then again whether or not his wife puts out could affect his attitude also! lol
Old Feb 4, 2007, 10:13 PM
Evolving Member

Whether or not a cop gets some at home from his/her wife, is irrelevant!!! ALL cops have a code "X" on the side!!! We never go without!
Old Feb 5, 2007, 12:06 PM
Evolved Member

So yesterday and I installed a Magnaflow "JDM Style" catback (Will explain/ review in another post) and wanted opinions from a few friends on the sound. At 10p we end up driving to Rockin Bowling for drinks and well....bowling. When leaving the alley at around 1am, I had 3 friends in my car, and the rest (5) in a Tundra. From a stoplight I did a 1-2 exceleration shifting at around 6k, and as soon as I went in to 3rd to cruise....*BAM*... blinded with the blue red and whites.

Now I wasn't afraid of being pulled over, but of the fact that I had 3 Coronas... which isn't a lot but I hadn't eaten since 5hrs before. Im 6' 210lbs, but one of my friend's that witnessed ruined his chances of becoming a fire fighter for blowing a .09, and I didn't know if 3 beers wouldve kicked me over. Not only that, I had JUST put exhaust on 5hrs before and didn't want a ticket for it on the first day.

I went through the proper precedure, pulled over safely(blinkers), turned off the car, and put both hands on the steering wheel. When the officer approached, he asked "What's the rush?" I replied "duh er um...my friends, um left me and I was trying catch up quickly" ...He then said "Well you were going 60 in a 45, and you left that light like a bat out of hell. There are too many drunk drivers around for you to be doin this at this time of night....If you make an effort to not do that, I'll just verbally warn you" ... "Yessir, I apologize, and I'll be smarter from now on." I start my car (not stock sounding), and he MASHES it past me...in the new Dodge Charger patrol car.

The only reason I took the time to post this is because everyone is always b!tching about how SoCal cops suck. I was blatantly in the wrong for leaving the light like that (empty street prob. plays into it), I was speeding, AND I had exhaust all at 1am. And I received no ticket *knocks on wood* ...Could've been one of those horror stories, but somehow I think my attitude played into it. I have no qualms with SoCal PDs

you got off good! count your blessings!
Old Feb 5, 2007, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bet you that cop has an Evo at home
Old Feb 5, 2007, 03:04 PM
Evolving Member

Just my 2 cents... I had a loud *** exhaust on my old 240, test pipe, down pipe, big turbo and all... but never got pulled over. I'm guessing it had something to do with driving no faster than 70 on the freeway, having a seatbelt on at all times, obeying 99% of the law like signaling when changing lanes, and not dressed like a fockin character out of a music video. I've been pulled over in the past in other cars, but those were all for stuff *I* could have avoided / circumvented, like blasting my system at 2 in the morning, having bright *** foglights with rainbow brite colors, the car practically dragging on the ground and so on. Although as much as I can criticize the LAPD, California Highway Patrol and other local municipalities, I also have to admit that 90% was due to my own jackassness.
Old Feb 5, 2007, 03:15 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i just had to take one of those driving course's for a ticket. i read the part about drinking, and it says a normal wieght adult will sober up about 1 beer per hour. so if you've had 3 beers, you should have completely passed the test. if you chug the beer like a champ then the effect stick around for about 90 minutes.

cheers!
Old Feb 5, 2007, 03:17 PM
Evolved Member

....only cuz this is show+shine after all

EDIT: correction after actually reading the original post... WHY IS THIS IN SHOW&SHINE???

Last edited by DSMorBUST; Feb 5, 2007 at 03:20 PM.
Old Feb 5, 2007, 03:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lol Rocklin bowl huh? I live around that area too I'll have to keep an eye for you. Cops don't even blink at me here because i don't have a wing (RS model). The helix exhaust i have isn't that quiet anyways.