Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

DUB featured Yellow Evo8

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2007, 11:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jrod@Buschur
I like the JDM plate covering the FMIC!

Ahhh... a front mount. Who needs it anyway?
i am with you on that one.....FMIC are gay anyways .
Old Aug 1, 2007, 11:22 AM

looks like the wing and the rear bumper got a collagen injection....lol
Old Aug 1, 2007, 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the wing is hideous...the rest of the car isn't bad. the front bumper doesn't match the sides and the rear though.
Old Aug 1, 2007, 11:31 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I never said I didnt like the car or it was ugly, etc.... I honestly dont think it looks bad. Anyone who gets in a magazine deserves a pat on the back. Props on that!

Everyone has their own taste, opinion, etc... its your money do what you want with it. To be honest if someone told me they didnt like my car my response would be "Oh well.... thats why its mine." lol its pretty simple.

I just pointed out the obvious about the JDM plate and FMIC.
Old Aug 1, 2007, 11:35 AM
Evolving Member

U should put sum 24'' lexani rims on that ***** and ride with the lowriders on the west coast. Just because the wing is made by veilside doesn't mean it's the ****. That thing is ****in ugly. If u wanted to go all show and no go why didn't u just by a honda and just **** that **** up?. Honda already has a bad rep for this type ****. Don't ruin it for the evo's
Old Aug 1, 2007, 11:42 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah what jrod said. Hope the front plate is only for photo sessions. The car is fine for what it is.
Old Aug 1, 2007, 12:20 PM
Evolving Member

OMFG ahhahahaha this made my day
Old Aug 1, 2007, 12:21 PM

not my taste but if its nice to you go for it. props for posting
Old Aug 1, 2007, 12:42 PM

Thumper says " if ya cant say sumtin' nice... dont say nuttin' at all"

ha ha ha

It is a very clean car... and being featured in a mag is cool..... all of my other opinions about it can be kept to myself.
Old Aug 1, 2007, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Thugline
U should put sum 24'' lexani rims on that ***** and ride with the lowriders on the west coast. Just because the wing is made by veilside doesn't mean it's the ****. That thing is ****in ugly. If u wanted to go all show and no go why didn't u just by a honda and just **** that **** up?. Honda already has a bad rep for this type ****. Don't ruin it for the evo's
Wow that was uncalled for, if you dont like his car you dont have to curse him out, just plain say it. Last time i checked ive never seen your in a mag. Im not a huge fan of the car either, but its his car and if he likes it then
Old Aug 1, 2007, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

Thats a sick car.. the bodys just so agressive
Old Aug 1, 2007, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tmac1524
Wow that was uncalled for, if you dont like his car you dont have to curse him out, just plain say it. Last time i checked ive never seen your in a mag. Im not a huge fan of the car either, but its his car and if he likes it then
True. And why even swear when it's filtered?
Old Aug 1, 2007, 01:27 PM

Thanks for everyones feed back.

I will try and address some of your guys concerns.

*I would to start off and add that the car is being built for sho and go. I did not choose to go with a civic platform because they are too common. Again I want a clean show car at the same time I like power.
I don't seek in doing a project that looks the same as every one else. I believe in setting the trend or fabricating my own idea or concept based on my visual experiences through out the show scene.

Tag in front of FMIC
I know most of you guys are concerned that I will be losing HP by doing this however it has been dyno proven. 1st I would like to add its not directly mounted onto the FMIC it is placed slighty infront of it to alow air to still flow in that area. Based on the dyno runs there was only a 4-6 hp loss from me placing the plate where it is. So with over 300HP to the wheels 4-6hp less is not a problem for me to deal with.

Veilside Wing
Again Im into show as well as go and this was added more for apperance however is functional and was wind tunnel tested.

My question is
Do you guys like the rims?

I appreciate all your feedback. I keep posting as I do get new updates because even though some may hate there is still some people who are interested in show cars and not just go. Sponsors like Dunlop, Meguars, and more are in great support of this project so its ok. In addition I do understand that not every one will like that. In my opinion I feel you should go with your own flow unless proven that what is being done is not effective. The winnings from shows and sponsorships keep me motivated to continue this project.

Again thanks for every ones input. Good news is new focus is on the engine. So stay tune for upcomming updates on that.
Old Aug 1, 2007, 01:32 PM
Evolving Member

where in atlanta are you? never seen you car around...

IMO, there are a few things that could make it look so much better like JDM or blacked out heads and relocating the front plate to somewhere else. I really like how the hood was painted and goes well with your color scheme. Not a huge fan of the rear bumper but again I think it matches the veilside wing. the rims however, I think, should be painted all black, or maybe a yellow lip...the red sticks out and doesn't blend in with anything else. overall, props for doing something different, you don't see that everyday.
Old Aug 1, 2007, 01:34 PM
Evolving Member

painfull

Quick Reply: DUB featured Yellow Evo8