Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Still no kits?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2003, 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh oh can I please stick a couple hundred pounds of useless aerodynamic plastic drag onto my sweet ride?! Please!?

Ugh
Old Jul 14, 2003, 08:22 AM
Evolved Member

lol, im sensing some sarcasm from 2cool.... man I love my new telepathic powers!

-Shahul
Old Jul 14, 2003, 10:59 AM
Evolved Member

You guyz are smokin' too much cheeta today or sometin' .... open up your eyes man ... that Veilside is bad ****! I've seem it in person and minus the snap-on cheapo side kit, it looks sweet! Definitely has to be a color match though ... Carbon Fiber is weak!

Lightspeed -- what are you 90 years old?! The right kit can look bad ***! ... and it makes the car stand out from the rest of the EVO crowd nicely. There just aren't many sweet lookin' kits avail in the U.S. yet. But we don't even know half of the stuff this already avail in Japan. Wait till u see an evo with a bad *** full body kit, Tien coil-overs, and some aftermarket wheels like TE-37's or 2Cools wheels. You guys that are talkin that smack will be droolin!!! Man I have to get ahold of my Jap friend to send me some pics. I agree that the Veilside isn't the best kit that will be avail for our USDM 8, but with a slight drop (coilovers), and the right wheels, that kit would fuc*in rock!

2Cool? What the F are u jabberin' about ... most body kits require you to pop off the stock and snap on the new ... more weight? Wrong -- try equal or less weight! Sh*t ... you always tryin' to make your 8 look like a 7 .... you should check out some of the body kits made for the 7. However, that Veilside looks like the side panels are snap on to the stock ... that I agree is cheap. But the front and back rocks IMO!

C'mon guys .... Diesel? .... man I've got to try to find some Jap/Euro pics ...

Last edited by evo1; Jul 14, 2003 at 11:39 AM.
Old Jul 14, 2003, 12:14 PM
N/A
Evolving Member

With that Veilside kit it looks like it got punched in the face and has a fat lip.
Old Jul 14, 2003, 01:07 PM

Originally posted by kidnice
I rather have a cardboard body kit then the veilside kit

Old Jul 14, 2003, 02:53 PM

I agree about that veilside kit. Not feelin that! But u others gotta be kidding me about kits in general. What exactly is wrong with upgrading the aerodynamics of a car? You like to be just like all the rest that is fine. Dont hate on people for being unique. In fact that is pretty retarded. If anything I should be talkin smack about people who claim to be car enthusiasts and leave everything stock. THAT is gay to me.
Old Jul 14, 2003, 03:34 PM
N/A
Evolving Member

Being a car enthusiast does not require you to bolt add on crap to the outside of your car. Remember the old car owners like my uncle and his 32 Ford Roadster would have to be the biggest car enthusiast I know and his car is perfect in stock trim. All that is required to be an enthusiast is a love of cars.
Old Jul 14, 2003, 03:48 PM

I know, im not saying that it is necessary to do body work to be considered an enthusiast. I think people dont think before they talk, I hope none of those people who had a bad comment have rims on there car. Do they badmouth everybody who puts 19's on there evo's? Cuz you know what, i guarantee that rims like that damper performance alot more than a bodykit. Comments like this just dont make sense to me. Compare a boxter to a gt2. Why does the gt2 have a more unique/agressive body style? Because its only common sense that it is nicer. What now is the problem with upgrading any car to higher levels of appearance and performance?
Old Jul 15, 2003, 02:11 AM
N/A
Evolving Member

Whenever I see somebody running 18's and 19's I point out the actual lowering of performance. Makes them mad but at least I didn't lie and say I liked it. The biggest rim I'll use is a 17. Now a wider rim and tire is a different thing.
Old Jul 15, 2003, 02:58 AM
Evolving Member

New hood and front spoiler from Kansai HKS
Attached Thumbnails Still no kits?-kam031.jpg  
Old Jul 15, 2003, 02:59 AM
Evolving Member

Front spoiler......
Attached Thumbnails Still no kits?-kam3334_1.jpg  
Old Jul 15, 2003, 03:09 AM
N/A
Evolving Member

That front bumper I could live with.
Old Jul 15, 2003, 05:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by TeamRedline808
I agree about that veilside kit. Not feelin that! But u others gotta be kidding me about kits in general. What exactly is wrong with upgrading the aerodynamics of a car? You like to be just like all the rest that is fine. Dont hate on people for being unique. In fact that is pretty retarded. If anything I should be talkin smack about people who claim to be car enthusiasts and leave everything stock. THAT is gay to me.
I think that the kind of people who like body kits are also the kind of people that use the phrase "hate on."

Let's see, Mitsu spends time in wind tunnels figuring out and optimizing the aerodynamics of their vehicles. Body kit manufacturers try to copy the accents of the front ends of race cars. Which do you think would work better, aerodynamically speaking?
Old Jul 15, 2003, 05:22 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by ShapeGSX

I think that the kind of people who like body kits are also the kind of people that use the phrase "hate on."

Let's see, Mitsu spends time in wind tunnels figuring out and optimizing the aerodynamics of their vehicles. Body kit manufacturers try to copy the accents of the front ends of race cars. Which do you think would work better, aerodynamically speaking?
heh.

My thoughts exactly. In terms of aerodynamics, I will stick with stock. Any talk of body kits in terms of aerodynamic gains or losses is just pure conjecture. Without "wind tunnel" testing (oh no, I can see it now: wind tunnel competitions, touting HUGE drag coefficient gains, etc.) , nobody really knows how any given body piece has affected the airflow around the car. Personally, I don't want my car generating lift at any speed and you simply don't know unless you have tested the exact configuration you are sporting.

Also, as for haters... This is a public board for the most part. People are just voicing their opinions. There are a couple of different schools of thought here. For me, I don't want to stand out. I bought the Evo (even though it stands out) for the way I feel behind the wheel. I want to keep the appearance stock but make mine faster and better. Ain't nothin but a thang.

My two cents.
Old Jul 15, 2003, 04:10 PM

Originally posted by ShapeGSX

Umm yea i know that. When did i say that kits improve aeros? I said that i bet rims damper performance even more than a kit. Read between the lines and your saying the same thing i am.

Quick Reply: Still no kits?