Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Still no kits?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2003, 02:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by TeamRedline808
I agree about that veilside kit. Not feelin that! But u others gotta be kidding me about kits in general. What exactly is wrong with upgrading the aerodynamics of a car? You like to be just like all the rest that is fine. Dont hate on people for being unique. In fact that is pretty retarded. If anything I should be talkin smack about people who claim to be car enthusiasts and leave everything stock. THAT is gay to me.
Bodykits in general don't improve on the aerodynamics on a car, they are purely for looks. Most of the time someone gets an idea for a design that they think would look cool, and then someone copies their idea and modifies it and so on and so on. A "real" bodykit that is functional and reduces weight would cost over $10k. I have a friend that has been in the business for years, and all he does is create body work for race cars out of carbon fiber and other materials. We always laugh at these cars we see with fins sticking out everywhere and with various holes, they may look fast, but it's purely the look. Also, any functional body work, including defusers and ect., wouldn't be recommended for daily driving, for one, it would get rid of any dampening engineered into the original bodywork and it would be annoying to hear all the various road noises, and secondly, good luck getting into a driveway with a big defuser underneath your front bumper. If you want something functional, get the Ralliart canards for your front bumper, I have them and they help out a lot at highway speeds.
Old Jul 28, 2003, 04:22 AM
Evolving Member

who care wat other people say? if u like a kit...go get a kit...
Old Jul 28, 2003, 02:42 PM

i disagree turbopoo2000

Although a great majority of kits are there for looks, some are designed for racing in mind. Also the type of racing will vary the design. Bottom line though, is people buy based off design, not pure performance.

let's take Veilside design.

this car was designed for all out top end performance. it obviously kept all 4 tires planted to the ground to get out that 1000+ hp, as well as feeding air to vital areas.
In fact this kit produced so much downforce, that the toe had changed on the wheels. It's not a pretty sight, but it works damn well.
Old Jul 28, 2003, 03:04 PM
Evolved Member

I think the front and rear bumper on that evo VIII kit look fine. The side skirts and spoiler should burn.
Old Jul 28, 2003, 09:24 PM
Evolving Member

I thought that the C-west body kit was functional because it fed more air into the intercooler. Does it not feed more air and add some aerodynamics? Well, if that's not a "real" body kit, than are there any "real" ones out there for the Evolution?
Old Jul 28, 2003, 11:33 PM

Originally posted by swifty
i disagree turbopoo2000

Although a great majority of kits are there for looks, some are designed for racing in mind. Also the type of racing will vary the design. Bottom line though, is people buy based off design, not pure performance.

let's take Veilside design.

this car was designed for all out top end performance. it obviously kept all 4 tires planted to the ground to get out that 1000+ hp, as well as feeding air to vital areas.
In fact this kit produced so much downforce, that the toe had changed on the wheels. It's not a pretty sight, but it works damn well.
And I agree with you, there are some companies that look at performance, rather than looks, but there are few mainstream companies that do it.
Old Jul 28, 2003, 11:37 PM

Originally posted by Dark Evo
I thought that the C-west body kit was functional because it fed more air into the intercooler. Does it not feed more air and add some aerodynamics? Well, if that's not a "real" body kit, than are there any "real" ones out there for the Evolution?
The C-west front fascia is functional, but no more functional than the stock piece with the canards. Check out the Norris Designs Evo in the current issue of Sport Compact Car, that's a what I would call functional.
Old Jul 29, 2003, 10:35 AM
Evolving Member

So regardless of the fact that the C-west has the opening for more air into the intake and a bigger intercooler opening, won't be more effective as a stock piece with canards? I saw the Norris kit and it looks like the a stock Evo VII kit. Is it just me or does the Evo VII kit look to be more functional the Evo VIII kit, because of the larger intercooler opening?