Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

JDM EVO 9 Bumper, BaysonR

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2009, 12:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i say just buy the real thing for real. I bought mine for 500 shipped then had it repainted bby as you all know. perfect fitment did not have to worry about getting it all ripped apart then bumper not lining up or having to make extra holes or making my own holes etc its alot of work to swap the rear out want to do it only once. btw jdm in BBY LOOKS INCREDIBLE. not to mention not a whole alot of folks rocking a authentic bby jdm rear. most just stick to stock or body kit rear.
Old Feb 14, 2009, 10:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
for ****s sake there is a simple question being asked I am so sick of people coming in telling people how to spend the money.....
buy the JDM bumper and repaint it..... 1000 bucks thats right.... 1000 bucks for a oem bumper...
Everybody has a ebay O2 housing on their cars why the hell didnt they buy a titek? or works?
There was threads back when these knockoffs o2s came out and everybody said they suck, produce no power, and fall apart, this obviously as you know is not the case. So why pay another 100-150 bucks on a part that has prettier welds and a badge?
There is a simple question being asked, I looked at the pictures on ebay and it seems to fit perfectly, its cheap, and we are all wondering if that is the way it actually is.
So if you dont have any input on this subject other than being a hypocrite dont post.
You are stating stuff that you dont even know, for all you know this thing could fit perfect and you coulda saved 300 bucks but you dont have the BaysonR urethane JDM bumper sitting next to the OEM one do you? Until then you cant state that that one is garbage and that your a uber looser if you buy it and rock a replica that could very well be undetectable to even the JDM nutswinging fanboys.
Sorry if this post is brash but I hope you see my point.
this is not directed at any one person but to the people that clutter threads with undeveloped predispositions.

Last edited by bchappy; Feb 14, 2009 at 11:00 PM.
Old Feb 15, 2009, 01:18 AM
Evolved Member

i pay about 750 to get the prepainted OEM one and modified crash beam done. durable, long lasting, paint perfectly matches, and NO FITIMENT issues whatsoever! oh and OEM holes work great also!
Old Feb 15, 2009, 06:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bchappy
for ****s sake there is a simple question being asked I am so sick of people coming in telling people how to spend the money.....
buy the JDM bumper and repaint it..... 1000 bucks thats right.... 1000 bucks for a oem bumper...
Everybody has a ebay O2 housing on their cars why the hell didnt they buy a titek? or works?
There was threads back when these knockoffs o2s came out and everybody said they suck, produce no power, and fall apart, this obviously as you know is not the case. So why pay another 100-150 bucks on a part that has prettier welds and a badge?
There is a simple question being asked, I looked at the pictures on ebay and it seems to fit perfectly, its cheap, and we are all wondering if that is the way it actually is.
So if you dont have any input on this subject other than being a hypocrite dont post.
You are stating stuff that you dont even know, for all you know this thing could fit perfect and you coulda saved 300 bucks but you dont have the BaysonR urethane JDM bumper sitting next to the OEM one do you? Until then you cant state that that one is garbage and that your a uber looser if you buy it and rock a replica that could very well be undetectable to even the JDM nutswinging fanboys.
Sorry if this post is brash but I hope you see my point.
this is not directed at any one person but to the people that clutter threads with undeveloped predispositions.

ok first of all i would like to say i did not bash anybody wanting to buy this knock off. I was not around during the whole era of the o2 housing. I just got my evo back in july of last year and i think im modding pretty quick for myself. Now you said pay 100-150 for prettier weilds and a badge. Cost more than that for a jdm rear more like 535-725 plus shipping range. You of all people should know that not everybody pays RETAIL. Hell i did not even come close to paying retail for my jdm rear and then i had it repainted does not come in bby. NOW the basyon knock off is 425 shipped. I got mine for 500 shipped BNIB. What i paid 75 dollars more for the real thing?!?!!? Again i still had to repaint it Regaurdless of which one i got. I almost bought that one till my deal came around and i was like might as well. YOU ALSO DONT CONSIDER COST OF PAINTING THESE THINGS. if you know anything about painting it could come in and be a perfect OEM Match holes line up and everything then you have to paint it. What if and im sure it is like most body kits and replica parts the fiberglass or urathene whatever its made of can come rough. Means you have to sand it alot to make it smooth enough to paint. Gel coat it to seal it up then sand some more etc repeat. That could take awhile and a paint shop IS GOING TO CHARGE you extra for that and we are not taking chump change 50 dollars more type deal. You are paying for labor and paint supplies. Example the Toyota dealer charges 44hr labor and 33hr for supplies paint misc cost etc. Dont forget the waste fee. Now im am aware you could know somebody or go for those CHEAP CHEAP paint jobs but if you want it to match and be a A1 paint job you will have to pay the money. Another thing you dont consider is the BOTTOM HALF of the jdm rear is some type of MET. Grey im still trying to find that color so i can have a bottle of touch up paint for mine. GOOD LUCK WITH THAT. I have a paint shop on it right now and still have not found the color. so to the trained eye your replica will stand out in a crowd of evos etc. again who cares about that anyways i sure dont but before you go bashing folks saying leave me alone deal please look and consider all cost and time

bumper (cost)
paint work
extra time if rough
install time( are you installing yourself)
will OEM RETAINER LINE UP AND FIT PERFECTLY

P.S you also did not even consider the for sale threads at all. you did not even look because if you did you will find folks selling AUTHENTIC JDM REARS for 400 and up or 400 plus rear bumper trade etc. Might not be the color you want but thats why they have paint shops for

Last edited by RockmanX; Feb 15, 2009 at 06:52 AM.
Old Feb 15, 2009, 10:11 AM
Evolving Member

Somebody please tell me how this fits if anyone has tried it?
Old Feb 15, 2009, 10:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the two people i know that have bought it said it fit perfectly fine. the biggest issue now is the price and paint job...
Old Feb 15, 2009, 10:50 AM
Evolving Member

Anyone know if the real JDM bumper is fiberglass or not? How heavy do you think the replica is compared with the real thing?
Old Feb 15, 2009, 11:24 AM

Go OEM or you'll regret it months down the line
Old Feb 15, 2009, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

its the same material the real bumper are either urethane or durflex. For sure not fiberglass

inside jdm bumper

The following users liked this post:
Dsm8989 (Feb 7, 2018)
Old Feb 15, 2009, 10:18 PM
Evolving Member

Well then if anyone has any personal experience with this product please comment.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 01:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RockmanX
ok first of all i would like to say i did not bash anybody wanting to buy this knock off. I was not around during the whole era of the o2 housing. I just got my evo back in july of last year and i think im modding pretty quick for myself. Now you said pay 100-150 for prettier weilds and a badge. Cost more than that for a jdm rear more like 535-725 plus shipping range. You of all people should know that not everybody pays RETAIL. Hell i did not even come close to paying retail for my jdm rear and then i had it repainted does not come in bby. NOW the basyon knock off is 425 shipped. I got mine for 500 shipped BNIB. What i paid 75 dollars more for the real thing?!?!!? Again i still had to repaint it Regaurdless of which one i got. I almost bought that one till my deal came around and i was like might as well. YOU ALSO DONT CONSIDER COST OF PAINTING THESE THINGS. if you know anything about painting it could come in and be a perfect OEM Match holes line up and everything then you have to paint it. What if and im sure it is like most body kits and replica parts the fiberglass or urathene whatever its made of can come rough. Means you have to sand it alot to make it smooth enough to paint. Gel coat it to seal it up then sand some more etc repeat. That could take awhile and a paint shop IS GOING TO CHARGE you extra for that and we are not taking chump change 50 dollars more type deal. You are paying for labor and paint supplies. Example the Toyota dealer charges 44hr labor and 33hr for supplies paint misc cost etc. Dont forget the waste fee. Now im am aware you could know somebody or go for those CHEAP CHEAP paint jobs but if you want it to match and be a A1 paint job you will have to pay the money. Another thing you dont consider is the BOTTOM HALF of the jdm rear is some type of MET. Grey im still trying to find that color so i can have a bottle of touch up paint for mine. GOOD LUCK WITH THAT. I have a paint shop on it right now and still have not found the color. so to the trained eye your replica will stand out in a crowd of evos etc. again who cares about that anyways i sure dont but before you go bashing folks saying leave me alone deal please look and consider all cost and time

bumper (cost)
paint work
extra time if rough
install time( are you installing yourself)
will OEM RETAINER LINE UP AND FIT PERFECTLY

P.S you also did not even consider the for sale threads at all. you did not even look because if you did you will find folks selling AUTHENTIC JDM REARS for 400 and up or 400 plus rear bumper trade etc. Might not be the color you want but thats why they have paint shops for
Once agian I am not asking for your opinion, I am asking for factual info on the fitment/quality of this product. Thank you for wasting your time
Old Feb 16, 2009, 05:07 AM
Evolving Member

seriously, people just want to know if anyone has gotten this and actually tried it. I dont want to read..."go oem, it's better." Please if you have no experience with these bumpers keep your comment to go oem to yourself. Everyone already knows oem fits perfect.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 05:45 AM
Evolved Member

actually bchappy i did not waste anytime. if you want to know then buy it yourself and mount it and see. Be the pioneer to test fitment issues. So far i have only seen one person that has this and he said its still primer. Maybe he can chime in and and lets us all know if it is Pre-drilled and how rough the exterior is. All i said was by the time its said and done with drilling holes body work retainer modding it might be more trouble then its worth and there are like 3 people selling jdm rears for cheaper then the knock off right now.

Last edited by RockmanX; Feb 16, 2009 at 05:56 AM.
Old Jun 15, 2009, 04:56 PM
Evolving Member

So anybody has tried this yet? that can chime in?
Old Nov 6, 2009, 08:17 AM

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...per-no-go.html

^follow this thread as i will keep it updated

Bumped for searchers like me!

Last edited by Sixth_Vang; Nov 6, 2009 at 08:20 AM.

Quick Reply: JDM EVO 9 Bumper, BaysonR