Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

SNOW in Raleigh!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2009, 05:58 AM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
SNOW in Raleigh!

So I moved further south fully anticipating that I wouldn't see snow anymore (not that I saw much in KY) but I woke up to this:

No action shots yet though.. It's still snowing and people drive like maniacs when it's only raining. I'm fairly positive someone would slide into me if I venture out onto the roads
Old Jan 20, 2009, 06:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If anything Id like more snow here in central NJ, the last few winters have been a bit wimpy.

This one is shaping up to be a little better.
Old Jan 20, 2009, 06:08 AM
Evolved Member

yeah we RARELY get snow in NC anymore...

Shots look good daniel... be carefull if u have to drive around man.. people in NC FREAK THE HELL OUT with .5inch of snow on the ground
Old Jan 20, 2009, 06:11 AM

I live in fayetteville nc its pretty cool to see snow here. But driving in it i am going to give it a bit so not many people are on the road because your right about the maniacs. Or just bad drivers in snow
Old Jan 20, 2009, 06:14 AM
Evolving Member

It's not just the snow, people in NC cant drive PERIOD. It doesnt matter what the weather there are just plain old dumbasses on the roads of NC.
Old Jan 20, 2009, 06:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Yeah, snow is unusual for this area. Raleigh and Statesville get it more frequently then Charlotte but, even there it's pretty rare. We generally get ice and freezing rain which is no fun at all.
Old Jan 20, 2009, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by Brian_08
It's not just the snow, people in NC cant drive PERIOD. It doesnt matter what the weather there are just plain old dumbasses on the roads of NC.
Your right the snow just gives them an excuse when they hit someone
Old Jan 20, 2009, 06:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
I got about 2 inches so far. The roads are crappy. Sheet of snow then ice then the road. NOt good for anything at all. ALthough I did go out and practice the old Scandinavian flick and the car handled beautifully.

6am got up and ready to go to work left with plenty of time to go but the boss called when I was halfway there and said we would be closed until 9am- returned home.

8:30 left and again the boss called and said we would re-evaluate the roads at noon. So on the way home I took the long way through the neighborhooddrifting every corner thru nicely.Then when I got to the entrance of my subdivision, I went to turn and the evo went straight. She slid onto the sidewalk sideways with the rear tires on the road, the fronts on the sidewalk. Since the whip is so low I thought the sideskirts wer toast, but I just barely had clearance. I got off the sidewalk and headed straight home. I am thinking of taking the day off if we have to report.
Old Jan 20, 2009, 06:35 AM

Did you get far before you had to turn around. If you watch the news for like 2 mins you will see like 3 car accidents
Old Jan 20, 2009, 06:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by teddyshooter
Did you get far before you had to turn around. If you watch the news for like 2 mins you will see like 3 car accidents
Yeah but, that's what the news does...inspire panic. That's why you can;t find milk of bread anywhere in the charlotte area right now. They get a hold of one bad thing and go freaking crazy with it.

WTF are they making with just milk and bread anyway?
Old Jan 20, 2009, 06:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
I was driving 30mph at the most about 6 miles out to work. I spun 1 time (on purpose )
Old Jan 20, 2009, 07:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
i dont think they even plan on clearing the roads out here in monroe and theres a bunch of idiots out right now so im not going to even think about taking the car anywhere. i think i like your advans better on this evo than your last on daniel
Old Jan 20, 2009, 07:46 AM
Evolved Member

my contribution...

snow in raleigh= NO WORK FTW

Old Jan 20, 2009, 07:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Nice pics Justin

And the comment about people in NC not being able to drive to begin with is dead on! It's bad enough in the rain so I can't imagine them in the snow.

11 o'clock and still snowing... Looks like no work for me today!
Old Jan 20, 2009, 08:12 AM
Evolved Member

yeah or tomorrow spose to be 19 tonight... so even if it melts.. it will be worse for another day or two