Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Evo VII electric folding mirrors

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2003, 12:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo VII electric folding mirrors

Will these fit a USDM Evo VIII? Anyone have any idea on the wiring/switch placement, etc?
Old Oct 8, 2003, 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

BTW they are euro mirrors off an Evo VII GSR.
Old Oct 8, 2003, 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i don't know the specifics of the fitment, but make sure you get a lhd set. i had a rhd set on my civic and that was the biggest ***** to drive around in. the warping on the mirrors are crazy. also, wiring is a *****. you have to find the proper wiring diagrams and actually doing it is a headache. i cut up my hands really badly running the wire through the doors and harnesses... but of course this was for my civic so i don't know the deal with evo 8s and 7s. and when it's done, it's not THAT cool man. seriously.

.... ok i'm lying

****'s awesome. i remember playing with em in traffic. good times... good memories... till my car was stolen. theiving bastards.
Old Oct 8, 2003, 10:02 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the response hueman. If it's an RHD set, couldn't you just get the mirror glass off an LHD set and swap those out?

I am looking forward to the pimpness sir.
Old Oct 8, 2003, 10:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah i believe so. there are normally some plugs that are a ***** to deal with when taking the mirror off. if you do this, remember to change the mirror before you get em painted cuz it'll be REALLY easy to chip the paint.

also, i couldn't adjust the passenger side mirror up/down (only left/right) after i rewired everything. there could be complications arising from that.

remember to get the relay and the switch. a radio shack relay sucks ***; just use the oem one if you can find it. this is of course assuming that the principle behind the installation are the same for every car.

where're you getting the mirrors from? are you getting a shop to put em in for you? let me know where you go if you are going to a shop... i may do this as well if i get an evo.
Old Oct 9, 2003, 06:33 AM
Evolved Member

I may have located a set in Euroland, but if those don't work out I was thinking about buying them unpainted from a euro dealership. I really want these as I parallel park a lot and my spot at my apartment building is rather narrow.

I'll update this thread as I get more info. I think your wiring complications probably arose from the fact that it was a Civic and not an Evo, you can bet it's probably easier to install them on the Evo.