Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

just bought jdm bumper unpainted

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2010, 06:38 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Turbo01s2k
^^Another one!! lol. Im 4/12/91 (Youngster i know)
4-12-93 lol
Old Jan 9, 2010, 06:38 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dtrackstar
like most people metioned, the lower "diffuser" is typically grey. if your bumper is not painted, id paint it something different than the grey that it usually comes with. maybe match it to ur rim color? i painted mine flat black for that reason, now i just need the rims haha
thats a good idea, i have flat back rims too, maybe ill do that
Old Jan 9, 2010, 06:52 AM
Evolved Member

Wow man your a youngster I wish I had an Evo @ ur age. Just be careful with that car man its a HUGE responsibility and at ur age u definately have a target on ur back. I'm 20 and I get a lot of evil looks from cops. God bless and be responsible with ur car which I'm pretty sure u are. And remember, EVOS HAVE NOTHING TO PROVE TO ANY HONDAS WE DRIVE $30,000 CARS HAHA. Don't forget to post up them pics of that bumper once its on man.
Old Jan 9, 2010, 06:57 AM
Evolving Member

ya i am young, but i am an i.t. at a dealership already, so its not too bad....and ya i have a person in town here with a h22a civic coupe that says he can waste me, i said i dont want to waste my gas on that lol....
Old Jan 9, 2010, 07:00 AM
Evolved Member

haha those ricers have no idea what true power is. I gave one of my boys that has a civic coupe with a K- series swap a ride in my car and he literally put a for sale sign on his car. hahaha he wants an Evo now.
Old Jan 9, 2010, 02:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 09Ralli
thats a good idea, i have flat back rims too, maybe ill do that
Old Jan 15, 2010, 10:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RockmanX
so much bad information in this thread. The bottom part is not Black its not GG its not the same color as the car. The color itself is unreleased by mits when i got my jdm rear last year i wanted some touch up paint and i had a shermin Williams paint store call mits to get the color mixture they would not release it so the store spend one week mixing paints till they got it for me. Its a custom grey i have the mixture of colors needed to make it if you have a shermin williams near you they can mix it for you. When in doubt i could get a small bucket of it so you can paint your bottom half the right color. there you go so you know its NOT BLACK or any of that other crap
"Sherwin Williams" Couldn't resist, I work for the house paint division! Mygood buddy is a auto store manager. House paints can be matched in minutes easily, we use computers. Auto starts with a close color from a fandeck and then custom blend it. Keep in mind that you work in a body shop and wen you make your paint, that's all your doing to start painting, most times your not the only color match they are working on.

If any of you guys need paint from a Sherwin, house or auto, pm me and you will get the employee hookup!

Get that thing painted and up so we can see it. Also has a matte clear on the lower diffuser unlike the rest of the gloss body color.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 12:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 09Ralli
4-12-93 lol
Jesus H.

Good for you man but please be careful, not just because of the car but because of yourself and the people around you.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 03:03 PM
Evolved Member

tell your brother that my birthday is on april 2nd LOL
I would just paint the whole thing if i was you, since you are already painting one part. Its better then masking off the diffuser, and plus the color will match.
Old Jan 17, 2010, 06:10 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mirebih
tell your brother that my birthday is on april 2nd LOL
I would just paint the whole thing if i was you, since you are already painting one part. Its better then masking off the diffuser, and plus the color will match.
You mean paint the diffuser the same color as the rest of the bumper? That wouldn't look very good, imo.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 12:18 AM
Evolving Member

I personally like the two tone look, if you dont like the look of the normal color they all are, then do something else. I'm sure you can pick something out that will look good with your setup.flat black sounds nice!
Old Jan 27, 2010, 11:35 AM

You should try something different..... Everyone else has the same graphite color bottom on the JDM bumper.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 12:45 PM
Evolving Member

i did, Right Here