Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

my destickereed makinen pics

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2010, 11:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i don't want to waste your time, but if you would be able to get a quote i would appreciate it, any idea how much a set would cost?? i know shipping would be a lot, but depending on total price im definitely interested
Old May 2, 2010, 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by s.gaspar
i don't want to waste your time, but if you would be able to get a quote i would appreciate it, any idea how much a set would cost?? i know shipping would be a lot, but depending on total price im definitely interested
from sending wheels myself to san francisco it was costing 402 euro for a set of schnitzer wheels from Ireland which was 500 dollars roughly, these were heavier than a makinen rim obviously. I know two friends of mine havd upgraded the brakes of their makinens so the original wheels will not fit, i have messaged both to see if they will sell so sit tight
Old May 2, 2010, 02:49 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wheeww! Sht1 is ill!

Mad props.
Old May 2, 2010, 07:21 AM

great thanks very much, that is a bit high, but being that we can't get the wheels here at all, its worth it. so depending on how much they want for the wheels them self it seems fairly reasonable
Old May 2, 2010, 09:52 AM
Account Disabled

How much to ship a Evo 6 TME?
Old May 3, 2010, 05:44 AM

i shipped all my cars from japan to ireland on a roll on roll off ship (roro), and it cost between 500-600 euro per car depending on size, thats about 660 -800 dollars. however thiese ships are solely for cars and plant like huge ferrys. this is made possible because of the huge japanese import scene here. for countrys that don't allow jpanese cars in then a container must be used i did this only once because i had an R34 GTR and another 30k mile tommi makinen inside it, it cost me just over 2000 euro to Ireland which is 2600 dollars, it should be considerably less to ship it from japan to the USA because you are so close compared to us and the container ships will be travelling between both countrys frequently. i cannot understand how you cannot ship an evo from japan into a busy port in the US and make that car disappear from the docks with some help from someone in the know, then just break it up at your garage for rebuilding with a new chassis. one thing i've jusyt thought of is what are the laws over there with importing a front cut of an evo? i know some friends of mine import them by the container for second hand parts sale, mostly silvias and skylines for drift car spares. i wonder i f you shipped over tyhe front cut would you have the same problems as bringing in a full car
Old May 3, 2010, 05:53 AM
Account Disabled

Any site/company you recommend to import from?
Old May 3, 2010, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by neoman
i shipped all my cars from japan to ireland on a roll on roll off ship (roro), and it cost between 500-600 euro per car depending on size, thats about 660 -800 dollars. however thiese ships are solely for cars and plant like huge ferrys. this is made possible because of the huge japanese import scene here. for countrys that don't allow jpanese cars in then a container must be used i did this only once because i had an R34 GTR and another 30k mile tommi makinen inside it, it cost me just over 2000 euro to Ireland which is 2600 dollars, it should be considerably less to ship it from japan to the USA because you are so close compared to us and the container ships will be travelling between both countrys frequently. i cannot understand how you cannot ship an evo from japan into a busy port in the US and make that car disappear from the docks with some help from someone in the know, then just break it up at your garage for rebuilding with a new chassis. one thing i've jusyt thought of is what are the laws over there with importing a front cut of an evo? i know some friends of mine import them by the container for second hand parts sale, mostly silvias and skylines for drift car spares. i wonder i f you shipped over tyhe front cut would you have the same problems as bringing in a full car
if there is an engine in it then we would have a problem, thats whats most important to them is engine and drivetrain, if they're attached then it is a motor vehicle and can not be imported, it sucks... especially sense i don't want an evo 4/5/6 motor, but thats just how it is

o and by the way, shipping from japan to the us in a 20ft container is $2500
Old May 4, 2010, 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by .RYAN
Any site/company you recommend to import from?
I have always used providecars.com but there is also IBC and USS auctions which provide the same service, all you need to do is learn to read the auction sheets to make sure you don't buy a repaired car of which there are many especially in the performance car market and double especially in the RWD performance car market. with a second hand japanese car you want to be looking at buying a Grade 4 car with a grade B interior minimum anything higher than 4 is a bonus. grade R is repaired grade 1 is modified and grade R1 is repaired modified etc etc. all you need is a 100,000 jpy deposit and your away
Old Jun 15, 2010, 09:34 AM

I had an offer on the car today so i'm mulling over whether to let her go or not. i'm out of work at the moment and i could do with the money my problem is that i might never find another with the miles i have on this and without any repair work. what to do what to do. also the offer isn't really that great but i'm feeling the pinch at the moment, i'm trying to get work offshore on an oil rig but there ain't nobody hiring. what would you do people
Old Jun 15, 2010, 09:41 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
I would keep the car. If it were just any other 5 or 6 I would sell, but these are special cars. I'm certain you'll make things work out.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 01:45 PM
Evolved Member

thats always tough selling your baby. but yea thats a pretty rare evo, it shows you drive a hamann bimmer also (even though u spelled it wrong).....maybe sell the bimmer first....
Old Jun 16, 2010, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by wasFWDnowAWD
thats always tough selling your baby. but yea thats a pretty rare evo, it shows you drive a hamann bimmer also (even though u spelled it wrong).....maybe sell the bimmer first....
good call on the hamann lol you couldn't get two more different cars if you tried, comfort and smooth power from the bmw to loud noisy hard riding and manic acceleration in the evo lol
Old Jun 16, 2010, 09:01 AM
Evolving Member

loook clean with the stickers off
Old Jun 16, 2010, 09:09 AM

Looks good

Quick Reply: my destickereed makinen pics