Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Most-Wanted's IX Build Part "DEUX"

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2010, 08:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
its always fun looking for a new evo,i used the previous owners license plate(he gave it to me on good faith)to drive back to fl from nc,when i got home i sent plate back to him in mail...had no issues with the po po
Old Oct 7, 2010, 08:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Most-Wanted
Thanks Mark. Gotta go Trick or Treating

Well today was the best day ever. I got to take Austin for his first ever EVO ride He loved it. It was sooo funny. When we are at home and I bounce him to put him to sleep he makes this funny noise with his mouth. Kind of like when an Indian pats his mouth. Its sounds like wawawawawa. Well he was doing that in the back seat the whole time. I guess he thinks the BC coilovers are a bit rough and bouncy-LOL.... Well, his seat and TV are all set up now so we are ready for the Procco event

haha that is priceless!

how do you like the BC coilovers?
Old Oct 7, 2010, 08:44 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
that looks like a really comfortable car seat. hes got a mini recliner in a car
Old Oct 7, 2010, 09:03 PM

car looks awesome man.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 09:27 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BC coilovers are awesome! I have the inverteds myself. Of course stiffer than stock but a great set of coilovers.

F whatever everyone else says about going bigger...
Old Oct 7, 2010, 09:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I love the BC's. It rides great. I took the wife and Austin out in it today. No complaints from anyone

Yeah he loves the new seat. Well that and the TV I put in for him. He likes Selena Gomez from Wizards of Waverly Place so now he just chills in the recliner car seat and watches her on TV while we're driving LOL... What a life I was going to buy the Recaro, but again, just cant justify the price tag. They are cool but this one does the job.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 09:57 PM
Evolved Member

Put some racing vids on his T.V. lol. It is awesome that you are able to enjoy your evo with your fam!
Old Oct 8, 2010, 05:11 PM
Evolving Member

I'll be the first copycat.

Mike, hit me up with a quote for that Buschur exhaust + install! I'm tired of the Megan Exhaust, getting pulled over cause it's "too big." I need the jdm bumper fitment.
Old Oct 9, 2010, 04:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Most-Wanted
Nicer is relative and subjective... Do you think a set of JRZ' would make the evo feel like an AMG E63? Do you really think spending $5-7-10K more for them would be worth it for what I'm doing with the car. I'm not competing. I had a set of crappy off the shelf Apexi N1's on Lana and set alot of records with that car. Its all HYPE and unless your building a full blown race car and hunting for records its absolutely a waist of money.
I think that's the only part of your build that I strongly disagree with. You wrote you don't want more than 30k in this car - so you spent 3% of the money that will be used for "local trackdays" on suspension? The KW's were a good choice and you should have stuck with them or if you wanted to be cheaper - went with the Bilstein + Swifts + swaybars combo and still stay around the BC Coilovers pricetag with better handling and a more comfortable ride. Bilsteins can also be rebuilt and they cost 75$ per corner to rebuild I believe.

And since you're trying to do a "build someone can copy as a good platform", you really should doublecheck your part selections. People actually do follow your thread, they read and suck in what they hear in the thread because you're something more than just a member. So unless you got sponsored by BC and you're actually making something out of this, you've been misguided and made a wrong choice. Especially since you clearly stated you wish to stick with the GT3's. You will be there with the power, you won't be there in the turns.

Rest of the build looks awesome tho.

Last edited by Toxin; Oct 9, 2010 at 04:27 AM.
Old Oct 9, 2010, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by Toxin
I think that's the only part of your build that I strongly disagree with. You wrote you don't want more than 30k in this car - so you spent 3% of the money that will be used for "local trackdays" on suspension? The KW's were a good choice and you should have stuck with them or if you wanted to be cheaper - went with the Bilstein + Swifts + swaybars combo and still stay around the BC Coilovers pricetag with better handling and a more comfortable ride. Bilsteins can also be rebuilt and they cost 75$ per corner to rebuild I believe.

And since you're trying to do a "build someone can copy as a good platform", you really should doublecheck your part selections. People actually do follow your thread, they read and suck in what they hear in the thread because you're something more than just a member. So unless you got sponsored by BC and you're actually making something out of this, you've been misguided and made a wrong choice. Especially since you clearly stated you wish to stick with the GT3's. You will be there with the power, you won't be there in the turns.

+1

I follow builds as I'm a builder myself.... Love to see the different ideas, how progress is made and in what time.
There is a massive following to you and your thread, Hell I'm one of them!! I agree with every move thus far minus those BC's.
Old Oct 9, 2010, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The KW's were a good choice and you should have stuck with them or if you wanted to be cheaper - went with the Bilstein + Swifts + swaybars combo and still stay around the BC Coilovers pricetag with better handling and a more comfortable ride.
I'm currently on MR Bilsteins with Swift Spec R springs. What swaybar setup do you recommend, exactly? I didn't know I was so close to having a decent suspension setup.
Old Oct 9, 2010, 08:54 AM
Evolving Member

Swift Front & Rear Swaybars FTW!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Blitz
I'm currently on MR Bilsteins with Swift Spec R springs. What swaybar setup do you recommend, exactly? I didn't know I was so close to having a decent suspension setup.
Old Oct 9, 2010, 09:29 AM
Evolved Member

Which BC's did you have and what spring rates did you have? Which KW's do you have and what spring rates? Who set up both set ups?

Im building this car for me not you so I dont really care if you disagree. I took the $2K I saved and bought an Exedy Twin clutch. Besides, dont come in my thread and run your mouth without proof and personal first hand experience. Post up all the details, pics, and proof of how horrible your BC's were. Show me the failures, show me lap times, show me something other than an opinion. Because thats all you got. The perfect budget option for suspension would be the Bilsteins on Swifts and sway bars, we all know that. But then you have a car with no adjustability and I wanted mine lower. No one ever said this is the perfect car and I am definitely not building a track car. If I was it would be on Motons or JRZ. Would you approve of those? LOL... Its a daily driver that will do just fine at the track. And a side note, my $4k Ohlins Motorsport Coilovers failed the first day on my Audi RS4. My point is nothing is perfect even if its expensive... Thanks for sharing nothing but an opinion without supporting facts...

And dont throw that unless your sponsored by them crap. Do you see it labeled in my sponsor section? I bought these retail private party just as anyone would. I just found a nice deal on them Look at my piosts and you can see clearly where when and how much I paid. Big difference between $1K and $3K....... Thats just my opinion....

Last edited by Most-Wanted; Oct 9, 2010 at 10:09 AM.
Old Oct 9, 2010, 09:36 AM
Former Sponsor

maybe different suspension works better for different things but you guys are telling him he made a bad choice on suspension, mean while i went with megan street coilovers and did a full overhaul on my car with whiteline front roll kit, energy suspension bushings, etc.. and guess what.. when i was running 41psi on my setup with over 600wtq by 4500rpm i wasnt even spinning.. now if these cheap suspensions are so bad then explain that one? how can a cheap suspension absorb that much torque and retain traction? this guy can afford any suspension he wants, just as well as i can as well.. but if you can get away with a cheaper suspension that works then what the hells the point? seriously. wow they may not last as long as another suspension that cost 10x more, but you can rebuild the cheaper one probably 10x and still remain cheaper then the higher cost ones.
Old Oct 9, 2010, 12:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tscompusa
maybe different suspension works better for different things but you guys are telling him he made a bad choice on suspension, mean while i went with megan street coilovers and did a full overhaul on my car with whiteline front roll kit, energy suspension bushings, etc.. and guess what.. when i was running 41psi on my setup with over 600wtq by 4500rpm i wasnt even spinning.. now if these cheap suspensions are so bad then explain that one? how can a cheap suspension absorb that much torque and retain traction? this guy can afford any suspension he wants, just as well as i can as well.. but if you can get away with a cheaper suspension that works then what the hells the point? seriously. wow they may not last as long as another suspension that cost 10x more, but you can rebuild the cheaper one probably 10x and still remain cheaper then the higher cost ones.
Finally, some common sense I launched Lana at 7500 RPMS on slicks on Apexi N1's for a year without any issues. Car pulled consistent 1.3's and set multiple world records. The cheapies seem to work just fine for me. Obviously the KW's might be better. Obviously the Moton's are even better. And so on. But at some point you need to draw a line on whats realistic and justifiable.

I took the car out today and railed some turns and it handled just fine And like I said, the Ohlins that I paid $4895 for failed before we got them on the car I've learned alot in the last few years. And I can tell you one thing right now, from here on out I will start small and work my way up if needed. Not the other way around like I have in the past. The evo's are very capable in the simplest of forms...

Quick Reply: Most-Wanted's IX Build Part "DEUX"