Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Hail storm in Scottsdale

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2010, 03:04 PM
xi
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That sucks! We have a plant over in phoenix AZ and everyone's cars got trashed. I know the point is moot but next time it happens, I would throw a few blankets over the car.

I have a stack of card board boxes in the basement and if that happened in my drive way I would've duct taped as many of em as I could to the car. You just need something to soften the blow.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 09:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just dropped off the Evo at "Car Guys of Scottsdale".....they quoted me $2k to fix all 83 dings on the car (including 3 that were there before the hailstorm), as well as do a full windshield tint ($150 value), painting the grill in the hood, and touching up every paint chip on the bumper/side skirts, etc.

They were EXTREMELY professional, and super nice. Had an m3 and m5 in the shop, with pictures of ferrari's and lambo's that they've done, so they definitely know their body work

He said that the car will be pristine when picked up, should look better than new according to them!
Old Oct 7, 2010, 11:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That sucks man.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 12:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SRToad4
Just dropped off the Evo at "Car Guys of Scottsdale".....they quoted me $2k to fix all 83 dings on the car (including 3 that were there before the hailstorm), as well as do a full windshield tint ($150 value), painting the grill in the hood, and touching up every paint chip on the bumper/side skirts, etc.

They were EXTREMELY professional, and super nice. Had an m3 and m5 in the shop, with pictures of ferrari's and lambo's that they've done, so they definitely know their body work

He said that the car will be pristine when picked up, should look better than new according to them!
I will have to check them out, first i have to take my car to one of the Catastrophe centers that my insurance company has set up for a quote.. then i can choose a shop.