Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

My Evo and front yard car lift

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2010, 10:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice, I had a similar situation here in Australia when I bought my VII earlier this year - the previous owner had put 19" Dolces on, covered it in Greddy stickers and the icing on the cake was an undercar neon system LOL

Yours looks good, I'm loving that yard lift!
Old Nov 25, 2010, 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by Morph
Nice, I had a similar situation here in Australia when I bought my VII earlier this year - the previous owner had put 19" Dolces on, covered it in Greddy stickers and the icing on the cake was an undercar neon system LOL

Yours looks good, I'm loving that yard lift!
Wow, a very similar situation! A mucked up blue evo that we had to fix. Good thing though is that it makes the car feel that much more mine.

And thanks yall about the lift, I thought you guys would get a kick out of it.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 10:08 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Deraeik
Thanks, but honestly the pictures are deceiving because what you see there is pretty much all that is good on the car. There have been a lot of fixes I've had to make.

And I've just hit 80,000

I understand. Alot of blemishes and flaws are always found. What fixes have you applied so far or what issues did you find ?
Old Nov 26, 2010, 10:19 AM

Wish I had a lift . Go with the electric blue if blue is what you really want. but personally, i like white the bets on evos.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 10:33 AM

Well the number one problem would've had to be the fact that when I got the car it wasn't tuned right AT ALL. The car ran so rich when I threw it in neutral, say to go over a speed bump, the car would stall. The worst occasion of this was in an intersection while I was turning, all of a sudden I lost my power steering and I was all WTF? Then realized I needed to turn the car back on.

Then there was the problem with the rims and the fact that every day I would have to refill them because the chrome was chipping off inside and deflating the rubber.

And right now I still have a problem where when I turn the car off the fans still run, I think it was from the crappy turbo timer I've removed.

But then there are things that I've recently fixed that didn't really impede the cars abilities but just felt really cheap. There were two gauges installed on the steering column that really blocked my way, and since I won't be modding the car for a little while at least, weren't necessary. Then there was a non functioning turbo timer and some other thing. And the guy also installed a really crappy flip out screen in the dash, which has about half of the buttons working. Also if you look in the interior shots, for some reason the guy removed the little rubber things between the metal of the steering wheel and the leather.

And also before I got the car the 5th gear synchro was shot and the place I bought it from said they would replace it before I got the car, but I'm not 100% sure it's back to normal.

And there's a 3 inch exhaust installed that at this point, I don't really want because there's not too much reason for it. I'm thinking of adding a muffler onto it and putting an e-cutout for when I really want to hear it.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 02:15 PM

I want a lift in MY front yard :P