Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Not store bought. Mirage to RHD Evo 5.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2011, 11:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Trans seal went bad

Replaced

Had a itch so I pulled my dash today
Need to tightly up my wiring. All of my Relays and resister box is under my dash, now I need to mount them to a nice aluminum plate and relocate it. Tomorrows task.

Old Mar 1, 2011, 11:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont get it why this has to be converted to RHD wherein an Evo 5 RS was released original LHD. Mine is an original LHD RS! JDM feel?
Old Mar 1, 2011, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by rawandbruteEVO
I dont get it why this has to be converted to RHD wherein an Evo 5 RS was released original LHD. Mine is an original LHD RS! JDM feel?

Sorry buddy but the Original RS was released in its birth place Japan which is RHD over there/

I made this RHD to make it how it would come if it was imported. Which I did import it Parts that is.

a RS2 Are LHD which are vary rare.

Now you having a RS Evo5 LHD is stupid rare So why would you say something like that.

Either you have a real one are some one converted it to LHD it happens.

Last edited by Cloud9tribe; Mar 2, 2011 at 06:59 AM.
Old Mar 6, 2011, 12:34 AM
Evolved Member

The original owner of my Evo 5 is a friend of mine who bought it fresh from the showroom when it was newly released. And I bought it bone stock from him with its steel rims on and only with 4000kms.

FYI, there is no such thing as an Evo 5 RS2.

The RS came out in both LHD and RHD models, 5000 units built worldwide. It had steel rims, no Recaros, no power amenities, no sound deadening, and short gearing. It is the same RS model released in Japan. Only difference is its an RS LHD.

The RS2 only came out in the CT9A or Evo 7.

Evo 7 RS = steel rims, no sound deadening, no power or comfort amenities, no audio, no aircon, only available in RHD, only available in white.

Evo 7 RS2 = 17" rims, sound deadening, no AYC, Recaro seats, available in red and white, available in LHD. The RS2 was basically a GSR model made in LHD without the AYC.

What I just dont get is why convert it to a RHD car? JDM feel? Want to make it look like its a real Evo 5?

Archiebabes here built an Evo 5 out of a Mirage too, but he kept it LHD because he is aware that Evo 5s came out in LHD models. And why turn already a LHD car to RHD when you live in a LHD country?

We in the Philippines converts RHD to LHD regardless of what car because aside from the law that RHD cars are not allowed, it posts more risks and danger because we are a LHD country.
Old Mar 6, 2011, 01:09 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
Originally Posted by rawandbruteEVO
The original owner of my Evo 5 is a friend of mine who bought it fresh from the showroom when it was newly released. And I bought it bone stock from him with its steel rims on and only with 4000kms.

FYI, there is no such thing as an Evo 5 RS2.

The RS came out in both LHD and RHD models, 5000 units built worldwide. It had steel rims, no Recaros, no power amenities, no sound deadening, and short gearing. It is the same RS model released in Japan. Only difference is its an RS LHD.

The RS2 only came out in the CT9A or Evo 7.

Evo 7 RS = steel rims, no sound deadening, no power or comfort amenities, no audio, no aircon, only available in RHD, only available in white.

Evo 7 RS2 = 17" rims, sound deadening, no AYC, Recaro seats, available in red and white, available in LHD. The RS2 was basically a GSR model made in LHD without the AYC.

What I just dont get is why convert it to a RHD car? JDM feel? Want to make it look like its a real Evo 5?

Archiebabes here built an Evo 5 out of a Mirage too, but he kept it LHD because he is aware that Evo 5s came out in LHD models. And why turn already a LHD car to RHD when you live in a LHD country?

We in the Philippines converts RHD to LHD regardless of what car because aside from the law that RHD cars are not allowed, it posts more risks and danger because we are a LHD country.
I wouldn't waste your time with him... trust me.
Old Mar 6, 2011, 03:51 PM

was it spocom Long Beach 2010 your car was showing?
Old Mar 8, 2011, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by razorlab
I wouldn't waste your time with him... trust me.

I guess not, but I will say this.

Evo 6 RS2 do exist. I never said their was a Evo5 RS2.

Archiebabies I know who he is he does not have a evo 5. He has a mirage with a evo 5 body kit. with a mirage motor.

Wow you are very educated about Evo's you know what a RS is.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Zhul
was it spocom Long Beach 2010 your car was showing?

Naw San Mateo ca. Bay Area.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 06:44 PM

Looks nice! One the of best and cleanest conversion I've seen..
Old Mar 9, 2011, 12:15 PM

Yeah judgeing staff was totally different from san mateo and long beach. I was about to say what the hec!
Old Mar 9, 2011, 07:58 PM

brave. but epic.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 05:19 AM

[quote=Zhul;9144602]Yeah judgeing staff was totally different from san mateo and long beach. I was about to say what the hec!

Interesting. So what is the difference between the two as in judge's
Yeah after that I have entered anything sense..............

Last edited by Cloud9tribe; Mar 11, 2011 at 09:33 PM.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 07:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Cloud9tribe
Trans seal went bad

same seal that went bad on mines.. was a pain to get back in there with the stud sticking out like that.. but got it IN!.. car looks sick btw
Old Mar 12, 2011, 06:20 PM
Evolved Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6MKjoi4t2I

You shoulda done it this way, by keeping it LHD.

Honestly, I would rather drive a converted to LHD original Evo 5 than an ELvolution (EL was the trim for our garden fresh Lancer) converted to RHD to make it look like an original one.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 06:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Ahaha that's Manny's car. Ouch guys! When it comes down to it, it's his car and it's a nice conversion . He can do what he wants to it! I'm staying LHD personally,
but there is a certain appeal for having a legit looking RHD car. Heck I even thought of doing it myself! Got all the parts here to do it, but I'm gonna sell em.

Quick Reply: Not store bought. Mirage to RHD Evo 5.