Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Official "STANCED" Evo Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2011, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to the world of your everyday "stanced" Volkswagen owner. The less tire and less safe looking the better to them... I went down that path for a few years, then realized I wanted power... tried with my 1.8t and realized it wasn't logical, So I bought my dream car(BBY VIII) and haven't looked back since

As for bagging an evo though, if he just wants it for the looks then that's cool, I cant hate on someone for bagging a car for practicality reasons, it makes sense, if you still want to be slammed and be able to drive it, then why not bag it? But to use it performance wise, no it absolutely makes no sense.

He obviously bought an evo to make a show car. To each their own. I respect the fact he's being different.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Watch out for curves and pot holes.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 10:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by eponti
If you're refering to the stretch on the tire... you may want to look at drift cars... they tend to use stretched tires in the rear and have no problems with them.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Pssst
If you're refering to the stretch on the tire... you may want to look at drift cars... they tend to use stretched tires in the rear and have no problems with them.
drift cars are moving in slow motion, so... who cares?
Old Dec 28, 2011, 01:12 PM
Sev
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by edwinisdumb15
whos car is this?!?!?! :O

Such a nice ***.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

Sure no problem till you hit a pot hole.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 02:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wjamyers
drift cars are moving in slow motion, so... who cares?

Sure no problem till you hit a pot hole.
Whatever you say. I ran really stretched tires on my passat for 2 years, zero problems, And I've hit massive holes before(not on purpose) Wheels will bend before the bead breaks. People wouldn't run them if they aren't safe.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 03:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
People wouldn't run them if they aren't safe.
You must have a completely different experience with the intelligence of general mankind.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 04:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by R/TErnie
You must have a completely different experience with the intelligence of general mankind.
That must be it. Because thousands of people run them, but they are seriously risking their lives every second and every mile they drive. Do I support it? ehhh... just the "scene" thing to do for most cars involving the "stance" game... so call me what you'd like. +1 internet for you.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 05:41 PM
Evolved Member

You just made a comment that people wouldn't run it if it's not safe but yet your saying that they are risking their lives ever second they drive. You are making a fool out of yourself. Go view your post before you comment
Old Dec 28, 2011, 05:52 PM

Hah!
Old Dec 28, 2011, 05:56 PM
Evolved Member

You just made a comment that people wouldn't run it if it's not safe but yet your saying that they are risking their lives ever second they drive. You are making a fool out of yourself. Go view your post before you comment
Sarcasm. Learn it.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 06:12 PM

85 pages and the sarcasm is dead.

"Haters gonna hate."

Stretch tires are perfectly fine. Should you drive carefully with them? Yes, your car is probably (should be indefinitely) slammed and you should avoid bumps and potholes REGARDLESS of the tire. Why's that? 'Cause 40psi is 40psi, my friends, and the air inside the tire will move just as quick through space with compression. Only difference with a "meaty" (unstretched weaksauce) tire is that you can hit the crub with your mad sick driving skillz and maybe protect those fancy lips you paid a premium (overnighted from Japan) for the week of Race Wars.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 07:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by evol etg-zj2
"Haters gonna hate."

Stretch tires are perfectly fine. Should you drive carefully with them? Yes, your car is probably (should be indefinitely) slammed and you should avoid bumps and potholes REGARDLESS of the tire. Why's that? 'Cause 40psi is 40psi, my friends, and the air inside the tire will move just as quick through space with compression. Only difference with a "meaty" (unstretched weaksauce) tire is that you can hit the crub with your mad sick driving skillz and maybe protect those fancy lips you paid a premium (overnighted from Japan) for the week of Race Wars.
^
Old Dec 28, 2011, 08:27 PM
Evolved Member

Welcome to the world of your everyday "stanced" Volkswagen owner. The less tire and less safe looking the better to them... I went down that path for a few years, then realized I wanted power... tried with my 1.8t and realized it wasn't logical, So I bought my dream car(BBY VIII) and haven't looked back since

As for bagging an evo though, if he just wants it for the looks then that's cool, I cant hate on someone for bagging a car for practicality reasons, it makes sense, if you still want to be slammed and be able to drive it, then why not bag it? But to use it performance wise, no it absolutely makes no sense.

He obviously bought an evo to make a show car. To each their own. I respect the fact he's being different.
Agreed. People just love expressing their opinion on the way "they" like things. If you don't like the "stance" scene then just click the back button. I don't even know why people come in here to argue and try to defend their opinions. Just leave... no one cares if you don't like the "stance" scene.

Originally Posted by evol etg-zj2
"Haters gonna hate."

LOL love it!

Quick Reply: Official "STANCED" Evo Thread