Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Evo VIII Build in The Mitten State

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2013, 01:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would throw a wideband gauge in the cluster. That woud be nice. I've read your blog camryonbronze , you have very nice taste buddy. But, I know you will go as crazy with this car as your last. Have fun and if I were you.... You should pull off some innovative stuff. I mean, the gauges is one of them. I look forward to what you can do.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 06:41 AM

Problem solved?

BTW super excited to see the SE lip painted and bumper mounted!---and are you still curious how i managed to rip it off with that ground clearance and Chicago streets

Please excuse my messy glovebox and dusty wideband
Attached Thumbnails Evo VIII Build in The Mitten State-img_20130326_082131.jpg   Evo VIII Build in The Mitten State-img_20130326_082148.jpg  
Old Mar 26, 2013, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by civicej8
I would throw a wideband gauge in the cluster. That woud be nice. I've read your blog camryonbronze , you have very nice taste buddy. But, I know you will go as crazy with this car as your last. Have fun and if I were you.... You should pull off some innovative stuff. I mean, the gauges is one of them. I look forward to what you can do.
Thanks man! I wouldn't mind having it concealed in the small "Lancer" area of the cluster like I have seen some people do I guess. I don't really find the AEM wideband gauge very visually appealing. But I have owned a couple of them in previous cars, and they do seem to work pretty well.

Originally Posted by runningonE
Problem solved?

BTW super excited to see the SE lip painted and bumper mounted!---and are you still curious how i managed to rip it off with that ground clearance and Chicago streets

Please excuse my messy glovebox and dusty wideband
haha, for sure man. I've seen people mount them in the glove box as well.At that point though, I don't think it would be much better than not having one at all. I'd hate to drive around all of the time with my glove box open and bouncing around. I can see how it makes sense for people that frequent the drag strip or something, though.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze
haha, for sure man. I've seen people mount them in the glove box as well.At that point though, I don't think it would be much better than not having one at all. I'd hate to drive around all of the time with my glove box open and bouncing around. I can see how it makes sense for people that frequent the drag strip or something, though.
Hhhaha never that my friend, I just open it when I'm about to make a quick pull or something. Normal city driving it stays closed.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 06:32 AM

Picked up my front bumper and lip from Superior Collision yesterday. They filled the holes in the front bumper from the license plate bracket for me, so it's nice to have that all sorted out. I have the factory plugs for the holes in the bumper on order from Mitsubishi, so those should complete the setup.

While I was at it, I replaced the front running light bulbs that were burned out when I bought the car. I also removed the intercooler sprayer reservoir.

Most of the snaps I took this morning were blurry, so I'll have to wash the car and grab some more soon. JDM rear should arrive by the end of April. Aside from that, I'll probably just add some JDM black housing headlights to the exterior down the road at some point. Who knows what I will end up doing though.

Tires should be here today or tomorrow, so I'll have those mounted up soon! Though I'll probably wait to put the Works on until the coilovers show up.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 06:45 AM

Even on stock wheels this thing is starting to look really sharp. You have some good taste
Old Mar 28, 2013, 06:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car looks great man! Im really liking the IX bumper with the SE lip on there. I want to get an SE lip for my WW 9
Old Mar 28, 2013, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Can i ask how much it was to get the bumper painted. I need to get mine done and just want an idea how much it will be
Old Mar 28, 2013, 02:30 PM
Evolving Member

It should be around 250-350 depending on who does it ^^^^^^^
Old Mar 29, 2013, 06:57 AM

Thanks for the comments guys!

It was $300 to have the holes in the front bumper filled and the bumper & lip sprayed.

Tires are mounted up!

18x9.5 +20 with 245/40/18 Hankook Ventus Evo V12. Nothing too crazy!

Having my snow tires moved over to my new winter setup after work today. I'll roll on those for a couple more weeks and then put the Works on when the coilovers go on and the pot holes from winter have been cleaned up a bit.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 11:03 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wheels look great Damon! Now Drop that thing! haha
Old Apr 1, 2013, 06:58 AM
Evolving Member

nice job man... car is looking great
Old Apr 1, 2013, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Bruzewski
Wheels look great Damon! Now Drop that thing! haha
Super anxious for the KWs to get here! haha

Originally Posted by manolo2011
nice job man... car is looking great
Thanks man!

With the nice weather, I finally got to wash the car on Friday evening. I didn't really get to tinker with it or drive it a whole lot this weekend, but it was nice to actually wash it for once. I had planned to purchase some RPF1s for winter on Friday, but they didn't turn out to be in the best condition- so I guess I'll stick with the stock VIII wheels for winter duty for now. It's just about time for summers anyway!

Speaking of summer tires, I think I will toss these on this week. It'll probably look pretty lame without the coilovers, but they are taking longer to ship than I had anticipated. Really hope they will go out this week.

Old Apr 2, 2013, 06:50 AM

Tossed the wheels, tires, and lugs on last night. I think it will look really good when the coilovers go on. It's close, but just too much wheel gap right now for it to really look all that cool. Definitely even more excited for the KWs to arrive though now!

Hopefully the KWs will ship this week and arrive by next week so that I can get this thing dialed in!

Bonus: Quick trip to Photoshop to bring the height down a bit.

Old Apr 2, 2013, 07:49 AM
Evolving Member

Looks awesome! love those wheels

Quick Reply: Evo VIII Build in The Mitten State