Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Finally Got some installed pics with my new JDM Rear

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2013, 03:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Finally Got some installed pics with my new JDM Rear

What's up guys?

Haven't been on here in a long time, lol. Working 7 days a week all the time kills your time for anything. I have took what little bit of spare time that I do have, which is limited, and put on my JDM rear this past March Just now getting around to getting pics of it and time to post em up...I know, I know....I'm slack.

I modified the rear crash beam myself, because I didn't want to not have a rear crash bar. Modded the bumper reinforcement as well for the tag bracket...all went as easy as 1, 2, 3.

I wanna give a huge thanks to Driveline Motoring for getting this out to me super fast when I ordered. Arrived here in great condition.

Only other thing I want to do to the exterior is a CF Do-Luck front lip, and I'll be perfectly happy.

Doing a Double-Din swap in the upcoming month as well with my little free time.

Here are the pics. I'll let them speak for themselves.

Sorry for the crooked camera phone shot.

Double-Din Swap coming very soon!

Last edited by lghtngyello03; Nov 1, 2013 at 05:47 PM.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 07:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice work.
Which a/c controls will you be using for the double din swap? I really haven't seen one that looks perfect enough for me to consider, but I'm more **** than most. I've only done one orbital kit and that was back in 2006. Fitment was pretty good overall I thought, but all the others I've seen have been pretty crappy looking to me, at least in pictures.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 09:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
beautifully done! I think either a front lip or a evo 9 bumper would top it off!
Old Nov 1, 2013, 09:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kpr10is
Nice work.
Which a/c controls will you be using for the double din swap? I really haven't seen one that looks perfect enough for me to consider, but I'm more **** than most. I've only done one orbital kit and that was back in 2006. Fitment was pretty good overall I thought, but all the others I've seen have been pretty crappy looking to me, at least in pictures.
I'm extremely **** about my cars and little details. I'll be using cyanides hvac relocation that he makes... as well as am oem double din bezel....all in all, its a jam up, clean install.

I'll see if i can post some pics of it tomorrow.

Last edited by lghtngyello03; Nov 2, 2013 at 12:08 PM.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 10:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice!!......
Old Nov 2, 2013, 01:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kpr10is
Nice work.
Here are a couple of pics of the setup I'll be using. Carlos' work is awesome. He used an OEM Radio Relocation kit, and the OEM Radio Bezel, molded it in and painted it, but only took away the grain around where it's molded. So, it still looks like an OEM part because of the grained/textured finish.

OEM Double-Din Bezel

I'm not new to double din swaps. I did one in my 01 Silverado Z71 that was originally 1.5 Din. All done using factory Chevrolet parts from an 03 up.

I will be using this head unit..it's a Pioneer AVH-4200DVD.

I had this in my 01 Silverado that I did the Double-Din conversion on, sold it (but not before I removed it) and bought an 03 Tahoe Z71. Installed it in that, and sold it. Again, not before I removed it. Then I bought my 07 Trailblazer SS, but it has the Factory Navigation Unit and a flip down rear DVD, so there is no need for this to go in it.

Last edited by lghtngyello03; Nov 8, 2013 at 05:00 PM.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 02:02 PM
Former Sponsor

Very nice job.

As for front lips, have you considered a genuine Mitsubishi FQ400 front lip:

http://www.carbongoodies.co.uk/Evo-8...nt-Lip-Spoiler

This is the same lip as used on the Evo 8 FQ400 in the UK. If you were to walk into a Mitsubishi dealership in the UK and buy an FQ400 lip from the parts department, this is the lip you would get.

As for shipping, you would be looking at around £75.00.

Cheers

Rick
Old Nov 2, 2013, 02:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CarbonGoodies
Very nice job.

As for front lips, have you considered a genuine Mitsubishi FQ400 front lip:

http://www.carbongoodies.co.uk/Evo-8...nt-Lip-Spoiler

This is the same lip as used on the Evo 8 FQ400 in the UK. If you were to walk into a Mitsubishi dealership in the UK and buy an FQ400 lip from the parts department, this is the lip you would get.

As for shipping, you would be looking at around £75.00.

Cheers

Rick
Thanks Rick.

I've seen the Fq's but haven't paid attention to the lip before. Not sure how I am on how far the corners look like they stick out?

May be the angle of that picture, but it kinda looks like they stick out a little further than what I am looking for. Like a little wing/splitter, lol. Am I crazy?
Old Nov 2, 2013, 02:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by lghtngyello03
Thanks Rick.

I've seen the Fq's but haven't paid attention to the lip before. Not sure how I am on how far the corners look like they stick out?

May be the angle of that picture, but it kinda looks like they stick out a little further than what I am looking for. Like a little wing/splitter, lol. Am I crazy?
The corners come out pretty straight from the side of the bumper but they don't stick out further though.

Also if it is a true JDM rear bumper you have, I also sell these:

http://www.carbongoodies.co.uk/Evo-9...st-heat-Shield

Again they are made by the company who make all of the carbon for Mitsubishi UK. They are made from pre preg carbon and are fantastic quality too.

I would expect shipping to be around £15.00 on those too.

Cheers

Rick
Old Nov 2, 2013, 02:35 PM
Former Sponsor

Also if you want to see more photos of the lip, here is an ad from a car Xtreme UK had for sale:

http://www.xtreme-uk.net/performance...ail.asp?ID=250

Unfortunately Xtreme announced they have gone out of business yesterday too, which is a real shame.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 03:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CarbonGoodies
The corners come out pretty straight from the side of the bumper but they don't stick out further though.

Also if it is a true JDM rear bumper you have, I also sell these:

http://www.carbongoodies.co.uk/Evo-9...st-heat-Shield

Again they are made by the company who make all of the carbon for Mitsubishi UK. They are made from pre preg carbon and are fantastic quality too.

I would expect shipping to be around £15.00 on those too.

Cheers

Rick
Yes it is a Genuine OEM Mitsu Bumper..purchased from Driveline in CA.

I'm liking the Exhaust heat shield. Not feeling the lip, thought I do wish I had those FQ wheels, lol.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 12:56 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by lghtngyello03
Yes it is a Genuine OEM Mitsu Bumper..purchased from Driveline in CA.

I'm liking the Exhaust heat shield. Not feeling the lip, thought I do wish I had those FQ wheels, lol.
If I remember correctly the wheels on the FQ400 were Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2.

It is possible some of the Mitsubishi dealerships could still have them in stock over here.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 01:45 AM
Evolving Member

that's a very sexy Minion... :-D
Old Nov 3, 2013, 08:28 AM
Evolved Member

very nice
Old Nov 3, 2013, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

Looks great! Very clean which is awesome!

If I may ask what car cover are you using? Would it fit weird if the spoiler was removed? I'm looking to get one even though I store my car in the garage as I'm sick of washing it clean and then 2 weeks later when I want to drive it the car is covered in dust.

Quick Reply: Finally Got some installed pics with my new JDM Rear