Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

My 06 Evo IX

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2018, 11:39 AM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by kpt6
You know this to be true, how? You work at said dealership? Did dealership do a compression test at some point? Did they also rebuild the motor? It was FS by Schumacher Automotive Group in beginning of Dec. Were there engine troubles at that time?

Even if he did knowingly do what you claim, dealers in general are always ripping people off. There are very few car dealers, if any, who don't rip people off hard when they can. No tears shed here.
yea I know for a fact because it blew up after he traded it in when the tech took it for a test drive.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 11:45 AM
Evolving Member

Old Dec 30, 2018, 05:08 PM

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts
So what? From YOUR words, the tech blew the motor AFTER sale.... If he blew it, then it was not blown before the sale, but after, maybe the dealership should have done a compression test before purchasing the vehicle...
Old Dec 30, 2018, 06:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gotblkr
So what? From YOUR words, the tech blew the motor AFTER sale.... If he blew it, then it was not blown before the sale, but after, maybe the dealership should have done a compression test before purchasing the vehicle...
No the motor blew before the car was able to be sold because the dealer tech test drove it and it blew up and they took it off the website and the tech that blew it up bought it. So the dealership would have screwed somebody out of 27k if the tech didn't blow up the motor.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 07:05 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 813 Likes on 678 Posts
I'd suggest buying the whole wheel, not just the rims.