My 06 Evo IX - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

Evo Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

My 06 Evo IX

Old Feb 10, 2018, 05:51 PM   #1
RHD

Drives: 06 evo IX

My 06 Evo IX

Hello everyone, here are a few pics of my Evo, not a show car but a potent street grocery getter....lol. she's a 2.3L making 712 WHP but looking to switch her over to E-85 soon. Looking for some sweet rims any suggestions anyone?
My 06 Evo IX-img_e6563.jpg

My 06 Evo IX-img_e6566.jpg

My 06 Evo IX-img_e6601.jpg

Old Feb 10, 2018, 06:07 PM   #2
Evolving Member

Drives: Evo 9 RS

sweet looking Evo.. wheels... depends on your budget.

Old Feb 10, 2018, 06:56 PM   #3

Dope set up

The Following User Says Thank You to ylee0710 For This Useful Post:
RHD (Feb 12, 2018)
Old Feb 12, 2018, 09:53 AM   #4

Drives: 04 BBY Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution

For a wheel set up, based on the set up of your car you will probably want some nice wheels that are lightweight and match the style of the car. I vote te37's if you are okay with paying a pretty penny. If you want great wheels that look good at a low price, enkei rpf1, super light weight and strong as well. 17x95 +18 with a nice meaty tire will look amazing.

Old Feb 12, 2018, 10:09 AM   #5
RHD

I would love the Te37 but right now thinking about switching to a Haltech ECU, she's on the stock computer and really pushing it with 712 WHP, spoke to Anthony from AG Autosports here in S.Florida and as soon as they get their Dyno installed I will be bringing her in for a transplant and a new tune. What's your take on going with an aftermarket ECU? I want the benefit of running both 93 and E85 and doing it safely...monitoring oil pressure and knock etc. I know it's a bit expensive but the last engine I grenaded with my last evolution cost me a hell of a lot more than a standalone. I have been out of the game for a while and now I'm back but thing have changed a bit...any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Old Feb 12, 2018, 02:00 PM   #6

Drives: 04 BBY Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHD View Post
I would love the Te37 but right now thinking about switching to a Haltech ECU, she's on the stock computer and really pushing it with 712 WHP, spoke to Anthony from AG Autosports here in S.Florida and as soon as they get their Dyno installed I will be bringing her in for a transplant and a new tune. What's your take on going with an aftermarket ECU? I want the benefit of running both 93 and E85 and doing it safely...monitoring oil pressure and knock etc. I know it's a bit expensive but the last engine I grenaded with my last evolution cost me a hell of a lot more than a standalone. I have been out of the game for a while and now I'm back but thing have changed a bit...any advice will be greatly appreciated.
i actually agree with you on that. Go haltech. You get a lot of very cool options with it and Iím sure it will be safer to run the car on it as well, and much better for your tuner. Wheels are more for styling, get the ecu first then wheels next.

Old Feb 13, 2018, 08:01 AM   #7
RHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSlowEvo8 View Post

i actually agree with you on that. Go haltech. You get a lot of very cool options with it and Iím sure it will be safer to run the car on it as well, and much better for your tuner. Wheels are more for styling, get the ecu first then wheels next.
I also think it's the better way to go...Haltech seems like the better choice these days, plus Crispeed can tune it since I'm not too far from AG Autosports. the stock ECU worked well this far but I think I'm looking for trouble down the road. The wheels can wait.

Old Feb 13, 2018, 08:47 AM   #8

Drives: Evo 9 mr

Nice looking car especially gg! Whats your setup at 712hp?

Old Feb 13, 2018, 11:25 AM   #9
Evolved Member

Drives: GG Evo IX SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heirthos View Post
Nice looking car especially gg! Whats your setup at 712hp?
+1

OP, What turbo and fuel are you running before switching to E85? 712hp is a crazy amount of power!

Old Feb 13, 2018, 10:08 PM   #10
RHD

2.3L stroker, 10.5:1 compression, ID2200 injectors, dual walbro 450 double pumpers, 6266 turbo .85, GSC S2 cams, ported and polished head, AMS intake manifold, 70mm throttle body, coil over plugs, .100 octane fuel...but I want to switch to E85 doesn't make sense to drive on 100 oct all the time.

Last edited by RHD; Feb 13, 2018 at 10:21 PM.