Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Tire / Wheel Fitment Questions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2017, 03:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So I have a potential set of MB Battles that I can buy from a local private seller. The wheel size is 18 x 9.5 with a +15 offset. The wheels still have 215/35/18 tires on them that i'd want to up size. I'm trying to make sure they'll fit my 03 Evo without having to roll the fenders. Will that +15 offset be an issue? That and would up sizing the tire to a 250 or 255/35 be too much? My Evo is lowered with stock shocks and struts and GF210's. about an 1.5" maybe?

Thanks for any info, guys!

**damn, found the info myself. +15 offset apparently is too aggressive for the rear fenders. Oh well, the search continues...

Last edited by Shirozake; Oct 3, 2017 at 03:39 PM. Reason: found the answer to my own question
Old Oct 3, 2017, 03:51 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Originally Posted by Shirozake
So I have a potential set of MB Battles that I can buy from a local private seller. The wheel size is 18 x 9.5 with a +15 offset. The wheels still have 215/35/18 tires on them that i'd want to up size. I'm trying to make sure they'll fit my 03 Evo without having to roll the fenders. Will that +15 offset be an issue? That and would up sizing the tire to a 250 or 255/35 be too much? My Evo is lowered with stock shocks and struts and GF210's. about an 1.5" maybe?

Thanks for any info, guys!

**damn, found the info myself. +15 offset apparently is too aggressive for the rear fenders. Oh well, the search continues...
Glad you found some info.

For sure, there are some who run the +15's & they swear by them but: Its really a show offset, meaning that you can not achieve true clearance w/out some level of rub

(at the very least, you would need all the tricks: full roll, fender pull & the bumper bolt relocation & depending on tire size, it will likely still have rub potential)

Last edited by MinusPrevious; Oct 3, 2017 at 07:39 PM.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 07:00 AM
Evolving Member

How well would 18 x 9.5 +25 fit?
Old Oct 5, 2017, 07:41 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by McRooster
How well would 18 x 9.5 +25 fit?
The +25 makes it tough, but its doable, depending your level of rear fender work acceptance. Really depends on your sense of fit. If youre a track guy & require full articulation of the rear suspension, this wheel may not be for you.
If youre just a mild street driver & the suspension is not worked fully, you can get away w/this +25 offset

Let me know how you plan on using your EvO (track, aggressive street or just a show car)
Old Oct 5, 2017, 08:16 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
The +25 makes it tough, but its doable, depending your level of rear fender work acceptance. Really depends on your sense of fit. If youre a track guy & require full articulation of the rear suspension, this wheel may not be for you.
If youre just a mild street driver & the suspension is not worked fully, you can get away w/this +25 offset

Let me know how you plan on using your EvO (track, aggressive street or just a show car)
Ideally my Evo is my daily and I wanted to get a flush look as I feel like the car looks like a monster truck from the factory. But I do plan on having a bit of fun with it on the track once in a while. I have considered going 18x9 +27 but cannot find wheels in a spoke design I like with that fitting. Can you get a flush look with 17's?

Last edited by MinusPrevious; Oct 5, 2017 at 08:39 AM.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 08:39 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

If youre planning on any track work, I would steer away from the +25's in the 9.5" width. Maybe a +25 in a 9" would be more acceptable. In any event, lets say you run a very mild 255/40 or 255/35 tire. You will need a rear fender roll, a slight rear fender pull & relocate the rear bumper bolt

Heres a pic of my 17" setup. 275/40's on a 17x9.5 +30 (All the above rear fender work required. Zero rub potential)

Old Oct 6, 2017, 06:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a final edition looking for all weather tires for this winter, preferably all season tires but still good killing other cars on the street when dry. I couldn't find a good answer, any suggestions?
Old Oct 6, 2017, 06:40 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by Michael Clennan
I have a final edition looking for all weather tires for this winter, preferably all season tires but still good killing other cars on the street when dry. I couldn't find a good answer, any suggestions?
Hi Mike. Im not the best on the winter tire spec. I run only summer tires, as my all weather capable EvO never sees the inclement weather and I live in So.Cal

You need to find those guys who live back east. They would have the best opinions

Sorry,
Old Oct 6, 2017, 07:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
How often are you expecting to drive in snow or temperatures around/below freezing?
Old Oct 8, 2017, 10:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You have a Final Edition? means you're on the wrong section then... just saying.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 05:57 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by dothacker81
You have a Final Edition? means you're on the wrong section then... just saying.
I saw that as well, but it was a tire related question. Youve got a sharp eye
Old Oct 14, 2017, 02:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Very aggressive wheels

I bought my car with some quarter panel rust on it, and got rid of all the surface rust then fiberglassed the area, but since I have bought the car I was thinking of going widebody instead of just rolling and pulling (I've thought that the fiberglass area would most likely cause an issue). If I was going to go for a Do Luck widebody rears and possibly fronts or the front fender spacer, what sizes could I run? I know widebody doesnt always necessarily mean function but I would ideally like to have a functional setup. Im currently still on stockers as I am afraid to go any wider at the moment.

The end goal is no rubbing and no spacers.

Are my goals even realistic?

Did I miss anyone who has asked the question before?

Am i just dumb?

EDIT: I think this is my 100th post!
Old Oct 14, 2017, 02:43 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by jheff
I bought my car with some quarter panel rust on it, and got rid of all the surface rust then fiberglassed the area, but since I have bought the car I was thinking of going widebody instead of just rolling and pulling (I've thought that the fiberglass area would most likely cause an issue). If I was going to go for a Do Luck widebody rears and possibly fronts or the front fender spacer, what sizes could I run? I know widebody doesnt always necessarily mean function but I would ideally like to have a functional setup. Im currently still on stockers as I am afraid to go any wider at the moment.

The end goal is no rubbing and no spacers.

Are my goals even realistic?

Did I miss anyone who has asked the question before?

Am i just dumb?

EDIT: I think this is my 100th post!
Im not the best wide body guy, as ive only worked w/the stock rears. But, some guys run 18x10.5 +18's or close to that

Most of the EvOM'rs are running the Voltex setup front & rear. You may already know, but to ensure its a functional setup, the rears have to be cut

See before & after:

Last edited by MinusPrevious; Oct 14, 2017 at 07:34 PM.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 02:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
Im not the best wide body guy, as ive only worked w/the stock rears. But, some guys run 18x10.5 +18's or close to that

Most of the EvOM'rs are running the Voltex setup front & rear. You may already know, but to ensure its a functional setup, the rears have to cut

See before & after:
Yea, I would plan on cutting the rears in order to maximize fender well area. The voltex rears look good, but not to my taste and the do luck rears follow the OEM body lines which is what I want. I will keep looking around. I want some fat rubber and I would like to get rid of the zone on my quarters that I am afraid to touch, which, would they cause an issue with rolling/ pulling?
Old Oct 14, 2017, 03:57 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

^^^Understand

My rears are pulled for 275's & i do have a slight crease that can be seen at certain angles.

Last edited by MinusPrevious; Oct 14, 2017 at 04:17 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by MinusPrevious:
Sanchess (Nov 10, 2017), Solenoid (Mar 3, 2018)

Quick Reply: Tire / Wheel Fitment Questions