Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Bent Work Emotions!!!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2005, 03:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had problems like this arise with Rota rims on my old car, and the dealer I dealt with MADE me pay for shipping back, didn't contact me for months, and then charged me for a new rim with the promise of a new one, without ever issuing me the credit. . .
Luffy-
Honestly, sounds like A-Spec is doing an AWESOME job within their feduciary and legal limits, so if you're itching to get rims THAT bad, charge the extra 2 rims to yourself, because with the amount of contact you've had with ASpec, you are virtually guaranteed your money back. If not, you'll have to buy 2 more rims anyways. . .
If anything, this public forum has managed to convince me to buy from ASpec when I DO decide to splurge on rims. . .
Old Oct 3, 2005, 07:19 PM

You have to first look at it as this, if Aspec sends out 2 new wheels that comes from their pocket till work sends them the ok and give them credit for your 2 deformed wheels.... as a company i would rather not lose money for any given time just bc some customer cant wait for Work to inspect said deformed wheels from Work. You could just have paid for the 2 new ones and got credited to save you this whole pissy attitude toward Aspec, but no you decided to wait and now your getting mad bc you have to wait for your expensive Work wheels to be OK'd that they were deformed.....
Old Oct 4, 2005, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by shivaswrath
I've had problems like this arise with Rota rims on my old car, and the dealer I dealt with MADE me pay for shipping back, didn't contact me for months, and then charged me for a new rim with the promise of a new one, without ever issuing me the credit. . .
Luffy-
Honestly, sounds like A-Spec is doing an AWESOME job within their feduciary and legal limits, so if you're itching to get rims THAT bad, charge the extra 2 rims to yourself, because with the amount of contact you've had with ASpec, you are virtually guaranteed your money back. If not, you'll have to buy 2 more rims anyways. . .
If anything, this public forum has managed to convince me to buy from ASpec when I DO decide to splurge on rims. . .
I had a problem with Rota rims on my old car... the dealer I dealt with made me deal with Rota directly. Rota paid for all the shipping and gave me updates every few days. Then ended up replacing the wheels for me.

The customer service problem is Works problem. Not A-Spec's.
Old Oct 4, 2005, 07:30 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by shivaswrath
Luffy-
So crappy customer service and refusing to replace damaged product has convinced you to buy from ASPEC? OMG! A frickin' genius!

Well, I can tell you one thing for absolute certainty. Not only am I NEVER BUYING FROM ASPEC AGAIN, and I am NEVER BUYING WORK EITHER. Yeah maybe this was just a fluke, but from where I am sitting, it is the most f#$%ing big fluke I have ever seen. There has been so much incompetence during this whole process; it is unfathomable.

Luffy
Old Oct 4, 2005, 11:50 AM

Man, you need to relax. I know it sucks when stuff like this happens. But the best thing you can do right now is to be patient. Frances is cool guy and I just ordered my FN01RC from him for my G, he even honored me the special pricing that he promised me even though the sale has ended. Since he said he'll take care of you dont worry about a thing, be patient and relax, things will work out at the end.
Old Oct 4, 2005, 03:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
Rota's are good for what they are - an inexpensive knock off based wheel that is great for the occassional track day or for snow tires, etc. The casting technology is in a different league from Work though.
I would assume that the casting technology used by Rota aka Philippine Aluminum Wheels, Inc., would be even greater considering they supply OEM wheels for the Phillipine market and they have all the coveted industry standard certifications.
Old Oct 4, 2005, 04:08 PM
Evolved Member

seems like the best move is for you to just charge 2 new wheels and get credited as soon as they get two wheels in exchange for the bent ones. either way it sounds like aspec is doing the best that they can to keep you informed
Old Oct 4, 2005, 05:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jjm4life
seems like the best move is for you to just charge 2 new wheels and get credited as soon as they get two wheels in exchange for the bent ones. either way it sounds like aspec is doing the best that they can to keep you informed
My main problem right now is: Why can't they just send me the replacement wheels that they have in stock?

I can understand why ASPEC wouldn't send me replacement wheels right away when this happened. They needed to confirm that the wheels were, in fact, deformed before they could verify whether I was telling the truth or not.

Now that 4 different sources have verified that they are deformed (including ASPEC and Work), and that it wasn't my doing, why can't they just send me replacement wheels right away? They said it's because they can't send me wheels that aren't paid for? What do they mean, "not paid for"? I only have two wheels! They have the other two, and I paid for 4 (not-deformed) wheels!

They said that they now have to get permission from Work headquarters in Japan to send me replacements. Bullshlt. They could send me replacement wheels anytime they wanted.

This doesn't make sense to me: I paid for 4 wheels, I have 2 wheels, and they won't send me the other 2.

Old Oct 4, 2005, 06:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
He probably not confindent he can get works to pay for the damn wheels....watch your cornhole son
Old Oct 5, 2005, 11:37 AM

sUx

Dude, that sux. i agree with EVOla_VIRUS, obviously aspec is just trying to cover their @ss in case Work doesn't pay them. but still, i think that's a lame excuse. i mean if you buy from any major retailer and get a faulty product, they're not going to tell you to wait until they get a refund from the OEM. that's stupid.

dude, i'd be pissed too. i feel for ya because i had something similar happen when i bought a new set of wheels for my Scion. it's definitely hell to go through, but i'm sure it will work out.

but definitely keep us posted, since i happen to be looking at getting wheels for my evo soon. and i was considering getting them from aspec, so i'll be interested to see how this works out.

ss
Old Oct 5, 2005, 01:15 PM

From reading it seems WORK received your rims on either 9/28 or 9/29, it has only been a work or so, they probably pushed off since it's probably not on their priority list, I predict they'll get back to you probably by the end of this week, and you should receive them on 10/14 the earliest.... call WORK to ck on the status on Thursday to make sure they'll send them out by this Friday.
Old Oct 5, 2005, 05:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Lucino
From reading it seems WORK received your rims on either 9/28 or 9/29, it has only been a work or so, they probably pushed off since it's probably not on their priority list, I predict they'll get back to you probably by the end of this week, and you should receive them on 10/14 the earliest.... call WORK to ck on the status on Thursday to make sure they'll send them out by this Friday.
Lucino, thanks for the advice, I'll do that. Although, my experience talking to Work so far has not been very pleasant. But I'll try. I mean really, what else can I do anyway?

Luffy
Old Oct 5, 2005, 05:43 PM
Evolving Member

Status Update

Well here's the status update:

It's Wednesday at around 7pm and I still haven't heard from either Aspec or Work. The last thing I heard was that they would get back to me monday afternoon.

...tick-tock tick-tock...nada

Oh well, not to mention today marks exactly 4 weeks to the day that this whole "fun fest" started. Hopefully I won't have a two-month aniversary also...

Luffy
Old Oct 5, 2005, 07:16 PM

send the other two wheels back to aspec, dispute the credit card charges and be done with it.
Old Oct 6, 2005, 11:55 AM
Account Disabled

Ok, for all you guys that think I'm trying to screw this guy over, I want to clear all this up.

We are simply doing everything by the book. Here is the process that must be followed for a situation like this:

1. Achieve contact with the customer and assess the situation
2. Contact the wheel manufacturer to determine whether or not the wheels can be returned.
3. As per the request of Work Wheels, issue a call tag to the customer to have the damaged wheels retuned to the DEALER OF ORIGIN at NO COST to the customer.
4. As soon as the wheels arrive at the DEALER OF ORIGIN, deliver the wheels to Work directly for inspection.
5. If the claim is approved, new wheels are shipped out.

Every step has been followed by the book. Right now, we are at step 4. Unfortunately, Work is taking a bit longer than expected since Work USA needs confirmation from Work Japan in order to pay the claim.

Originally Posted by Luffy
My main problem right now is: Why can't they just send me the replacement wheels that they have in stock?

I can understand why ASPEC wouldn't send me replacement wheels right away when this happened. They needed to confirm that the wheels were, in fact, deformed before they could verify whether I was telling the truth or not.

Now that 4 different sources have verified that they are deformed (including ASPEC and Work), and that it wasn't my doing, why can't they just send me replacement wheels right away? They said it's because they can't send me wheels that aren't paid for? What do they mean, "not paid for"? I only have two wheels! They have the other two, and I paid for 4 (not-deformed) wheels!

They said that they now have to get permission from Work headquarters in Japan to send me replacements. Bullshlt. They could send me replacement wheels anytime they wanted.

This doesn't make sense to me: I paid for 4 wheels, I have 2 wheels, and they won't send me the other 2.

Why can't I send you replacement wheels right away? Simple... they are not paid for. You say that you don't know what that means? Well, yes, you did pay for 4 wheels and you received 4 wheels. Unfortunately, 2 of those 4 were bent and are now back at Work. The 2 replacement wheels are NOT yours YET since those are not what you paid for. If I they were, then you would have 6 wheels instead of 4 - the 2 good wheels, the 2 bent wheels, and the 2 replacement wheels. Make sense?

See, even though many sources say that the wheels are bent, we still can't send out wheels until the person who signs the checks says they are bent. Now I'm not sure if that is the head of Work USA, Work Japan or whatever, it sure isn't me, nor is it A Spec. Until the person who has the authority to say "ok, trash these bent wheels, and send him replacements AT OUR COST," then we can send them out. There is only 1 party that should be eating the cost of these wheels and that party is Work. Not you and not A Spec.

I have informed the customer about EVERYTHING, AS THEY HAPPEN. As soon as I hear a bit of news, I update Luffy ASAP. I have called my rep at Work Wheels to follow up even when I'm out of the office and afterhours.

Trust me, we don't want to have ANY unsatisfied customers and would NEVER do anything deliberately to create any. We would like to pride ourselves on our customer service and in order to do so, we must be direct and honest with each and every customer we have.

I'm still trying to resolve this for ya Luffy......

Regards,

Francis@aspec

Quick Reply: Bent Work Emotions!!!