Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

weird scraping/clunking/scratching noise

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2006, 09:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
weird scraping/clunking/scratching noise

lately i have been getting this weird noise coming from the rear. i can notice it coming more from the passenger side rear. the noise like the title says is like a scarping/clunking/scratching noise and also sometimes sound like something is loose along with the other noises. the noise usually happens when i brake. but after i brake and let go of the brake to move up a little ill still hear it. so it happens on brake and off of brake. after i pick up speed it wont occur. any ideas? also my brakes have been sqealing quite bad lately, not sure if this might have anything to do with it.(i ordered pads already, im waiting for them to come in). im thinking that my brake pads are just in DIRE need of a change..but any other suggestions?
Old Apr 12, 2006, 09:52 PM
Evolved Member

well, how about your brake rotors? how often do you drive it? daily? track? autox? if you drive it hard, you might wanna check out your brake system and even maybe your suspension....sounds like something is binding ......?
Old Apr 12, 2006, 10:03 PM
Evolving Member

i drive it everyday. no track or auto, and when i drive it hard i usually just tap the brakes and take a while to slow, dont really press on the brakes hard very often.
Old Apr 13, 2006, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Its most likely your brake pads. If they are scraping it means you pad material is GONE! Get new pads ASAP and don't drive your car like that or you will end up damaging your rotor!!!