Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Diff or tire noise

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2006, 07:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diff or tire noise

Just curious, im hearing some whining from my front end. From what I hear, the stock tires get loud when they wear and they are feathering now.How could I tell if its my diff making noise, or just the tires. And with these tires wearing could they cause a a diff to blow, cause they still have thread and i was gonna kill them before I changes them.
Old Aug 13, 2006, 10:46 AM
Evolving Member

When is the noise occuring? Does it get louder with higher speeds, turns?
Old Aug 14, 2006, 10:02 AM
Evolving Member

tires

The stock Advan AO48's are very noisy compared to other tires. Go 50 mph in gear and then push the clutch in and take it out of gear and coast. You will hear the difference in drive train noise and tire noise.

I changed to Pirelli Pilot Sport PS2's and noticed a big difference. Not as sticky, but wear better too. I save the RA1'S for the track anyway so no big deal.
Old Sep 3, 2006, 01:13 PM

thanks for the feedback. Took it outta gear noise still there, so assuming its the tires and not drivetrain. Noise is from the front so im gonna rotate to the back and see if noise still travels.