Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Bfg G-force sport, potenza RE050a or RE750's?

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2007, 05:35 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Bfg G-force sport, potenza RE050a or RE750's?

if anyone has expereince with the Bfg G-force sport, potenza RE050a or RE750's tires, please chime in & note your impressions & recomendations. I have the oem wheels. oh, we dont get much rain either, let alone snow!

this car is my dd, no serious suspension mods & I dont auto-x, i just enjoy all the clear road in front of me when i can.

i do enjoy response & I do not like a soft sidewall where it makes the car feel mushy or the rear of the car is moving around.

please note your tire wear too.

thanks for your input.
Old May 11, 2007, 05:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the BF G fors KDW tires i think there the sport? Paid 650 for them mounted. The have a good tread rating 280 i think (30000 miles) I really like these tires and would get them again.
Old May 15, 2007, 10:41 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
thanks for your input.

anyone else?
Old May 15, 2007, 10:48 PM

i have the re750..1st 15000 miles is ok.now i have 25000miles on it and its so loud. i heard the re50 pole position is very good.or get the re 01r...
Old May 16, 2007, 10:43 AM
Evolved Member

I have the RE050A non pole position compound. It's a softer compound than advans, so it's a good reasonably comfortable summer street tire. I won't feel to comfortable on these tires on track days though...
Old May 29, 2007, 07:06 PM
Evolving Member

I've been running a set of Bridgestone Potenza RE050a Pole Position for a few weeks now. I've done some moderate hoonerating on the street but haven't tracked them.

I, too, don't like a mushy sidewall. These feel nice and stiff to me. Yet they feel more comfortable than the Dunlop FM901 I had on immediately prior.

Wet weather performance is phenomenal. I think they might be even better than the Goodyear Eagle F1-GSD3 I've run previously.

For the first week or so the car felt a little weird to me. It felt like I'd lost a smidgen of that laser-guided on-center feel. And the car felt like it moved around in corners and I felt like I needed to make small mid-corner corrections. But either I've adapted or the tires have broken in or something, because now they just feel really good.

I don't expect these tires to last very long. But they're not unidirectional like most of my other tires have beem, so that gives me more options for rotating for longevity - especially noteworthy when managing tire wear at track days.

Mine were $810 installed (without Road Hazard) at the nearby Firestone place. I went in at about 6:00 PM one day and ordered the tires. They had them the next morning and I got them installed in about 55 minutes that afternoon. Even if it cost a little more, it was much less stressful than the usual Discount Tire experience.
Old May 29, 2007, 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

I have the G-Force Sports and they are great for DD. Also had a lot of rain up here in the midwest lately and these tires have not given any indication of hydroplaning or slip on the wet pavement.

If money is a concern and you still want great dry traction I'd go for the BFG's.
Old May 29, 2007, 07:23 PM

me to have potenza re-050a polr position handle great for dd but too much for track.for track use potenza re-01r.
Old May 29, 2007, 08:08 PM
Evolved Member

As he has stated, he is not running on the track so why do people keep commenting on track performance?
Old May 30, 2007, 04:17 PM

I have the RE050A non pole positions. Being 255/35-18s, they shouldn't have much sidewall flex, and they don't. I have about 10k miles on them now and they still look great. They are quieter than the advans were when they had 10k miles on them. The UTOG wear rating is lower than the advans, but they don't seem to be wearing as fast.
What clinched the decision for me was that the 997 Turbo comes with RE050As as original equipment. I figured if they were good enough for that car, they they just might be good enough for the Evo.
Old May 31, 2007, 08:54 PM
Evolving Member

I had RE750's on my old car prior to buying the Evo, and compared to Yok A520's, I didn't like the RE750's at all. Didn't grip well at all. I did like the protector rim they had for wheels though.

Currently have RE01-R's after the stock Advan, and like em a lot. They are very grippy, but very low treadwear rating (lowest you can go and be DOT legal- 140) heh, but they grip like a glove, and are quieter than the Advans were. Can't recommend among the BFGs or RE050's cause I've not used them, but I'd recommend against the RE750s.
Old Jun 1, 2007, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

RE01-R's FTW. Love mine so far, and they do stick better then the stock advans. Give a nice low grunt when they are letting go too, but still very controllable. Not like the high pitched whine the advans squeeled when getting loose.