Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Will I still get body roll with stock sway bars and a set of d2 coilovers 15kf,13kr?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2007, 12:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will I still get body roll with stock sway bars and a set of d2 coilovers 15kf,13kr?

I just ordered a set of d2 coilovers with spring rate's of 15k front 13k rear, I am on stock sway bars will I still get body roll with the spring rates above or should I go a little higher?
Old Jul 5, 2007, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

Why on earth are you running that high of a spring rate? Is it for race car duty only?

Scorke
Old Jul 5, 2007, 12:37 PM
Evolving Member

For street racing. Maybe track.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

Wow.

To answer your question, yes you will still get body roll. You will always have body roll.

Scorke
Old Jul 5, 2007, 12:48 PM
Evolving Member

Wow? Swaybars will eliminate the body roll? Or should I go stiffer?

Last edited by blackonblackevo; Jul 5, 2007 at 12:52 PM.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 12:54 PM
Evolved Member

Sway bars induce more weight transfer, the stiffer the sway bar the more weight that will transfer, the more the car will "roll".

Why are you trying to elimate body roll? The car stock roll's quite a bit but I cannot see how it could possibly be feasible to eliminate it.

Scorke
Old Jul 5, 2007, 12:59 PM
Evolving Member

Guy's what's the stiffest spring rate you ride around in your daily driver evo.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 01:03 PM
Evolved Member

Why did you choose such a high spring rate?
You are gonna experience some serious rough ride.
I don't know where you live ...I hope the roads where you live are perfect.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by blackonblackevo
For street racing. Maybe track.
Great idea. Maybe toss on a 27mm rear sway and remove the front sway completely.

Last edited by Warrtalon; Jul 5, 2007 at 02:31 PM.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 01:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Um, street racing? Why in the world would you be getting super-stiff springs and be so worried about "body roll" for street racing? That's in a straight line you know? Also, by "track" do you really mean you are going to be doing real road racing, or do you mean the drag strip. I'm pretty sure you mean the drag strip, because you are not a road racer or autocrosser, and you have a huge turbo on a 2.0. So again, why do you care so much about body roll on a straight line car, and why did you randomly get ridiculously stiff springs with the wrong ratio front/rear?
What spring rates do you run warr? What ratio should I get for front/rear and why? I don't like body roll and I want very little of it when going around a corner real fast, I would like my car to stay as flat as possible.

Last edited by blackonblackevo; Jul 5, 2007 at 01:14 PM.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 01:12 PM
Evolving Member

This is actually painful to watch....
Old Jul 5, 2007, 01:13 PM
Evolved Member

What spring rates do you run warr? What ratio should I get for front/rear and why?
20k front 900 k rear, 9 second 1/4 mile times are only minutes away...

Scorke

Last edited by scorke; Jul 5, 2007 at 01:20 PM.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What spring rates do you run warr? What ratio should I get for front/rear and why?
I run Stance Coils with 3k/5k for ultimate performance. You should do the same...

Last edited by Warrtalon; Jul 5, 2007 at 02:32 PM.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 01:17 PM
Evolving Member

I read a few threads from people who were running the tanabe sustec sevens hard driving and they said it was ok on the street. By the way they are 14kf,12kr.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 01:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
I have custom-valved Ohlins with 700lb/900lb springs front/rear, which is approximately 12kg/16kg. This is a custom setup that has been tested on the shock dyno and on the track by a professional driver (Paul Gerrard). I bought the package, which is referred to as the Vishnu/Gerrard Ohlins package, and I got the most extreme spring rates available at the time. I do daily drive my Evo, but I ONLY got this crazy setup, because I planned to COMPETITIVELY road race (NASA time trials) and autocross (SCCA). If I were only drag racing and driving on the street, then this setup would be a huge waste of money, and it wouldn't be worth the teeth-chattering on a daily basis.

I see no reason for you to get anything like this, since you don't race at all, and if you did decide to get into it competitively, you would not just randomly purchase some D2 coilovers. What you would do is you would go to a professional Evo suspension tuner (Gerrard, Robi, Mueller) and have them set you up with something that meets your needs, is tried and tested, and that uses their custom specs.

So my ratio is off why is this? Some race companies who sell coilovers have a gap of a 2k difference inbetween the front of the car and rear. So companies like tien and tanabe do not know what they are doing when it comes to setting up spring ratios on a set of coilovers for a evo? Warr how does it feel when you hit a bump ?

Quick Reply: Will I still get body roll with stock sway bars and a set of d2 coilovers 15kf,13kr?