Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

To all Eibach Evos

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2003, 10:27 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To all Eibach Evos

1.Hows the ride
2.Any regrets after installing the springs.
3.Was the performance enhanced or diminished.
4.Would you buy them again or buy coilovers.
Old Jul 22, 2003, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Im also in this boat.

I dont know if I should go the coilover way, or just get springs..
Old Jul 22, 2003, 12:36 PM
Evolving Member

I heard Diesel wasnt happy with his maybe we can get him to chime in.
Old Jul 22, 2003, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

the only issue i have with them is not their fault...

the way the EVO's fenders are cut make it look like it has an uneven drop...

other than that, the car's handling is excellent... tracks well, and stays planted...

i'd probably buy them again, cause i really can't justify spending 1300 on an adjustable suspension that i would adjust once...
Old Jul 22, 2003, 09:49 PM
G20
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
My car was lend to Eibach for the EVO springs development last April. I love the new better handle and the look of the car lowered. The only catch is I have to avoid going through deep bump from some drive way entry since the lower front-end may touch the ground.
Old Jul 23, 2003, 10:10 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks for chiming in guys.Has anybody heard anything about the H&R's.I heard they were going to be released this summer.
Old Jul 24, 2003, 04:32 PM
Evolved Member

whats the drop? and are the springs softer than stock?

-Shahul
Old Jul 25, 2003, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

Eibach's

Originally posted by Diesel
i'd probably buy them again, cause i really can't justify spending 1300 on an adjustable suspension that i would adjust once...
I bought Ground Control coilovers for my Integra & vowed never to do it again. Not that I had a problem w/ the coilovers - I didn't - Ground Control uses Eibach linear springs in its products and I was happy with them. The problem as Diesel says - I adjusted it ONCE and never moved it again. It just was too much of a pain/expense to get the car aligned each time the car went up or down. I As soon as I could sell them I did and ended up buying Eibach Sportlines (they were too low 4 me) and subsequently selling those and buying Eibach Prokits (just right).
Old Jul 25, 2003, 09:48 AM
G20
Evolved Member

The Eiback Prokits is what my car has. If I remember correctly it lowered the front by 1" and the rear about .5". I'll post picture of the car as soon as I take it. Get it, you'll like it (except extra careful when going through too deep drive-ways.
Old Jul 25, 2003, 10:00 AM

Post up your pic's. I'm interested to see how it turns out.
Old Jul 25, 2003, 01:29 PM
In Timeout

Why is everyone screwing with the springs and stuff? Does this car not handle good enough? Go to the track and see how it does, people go changing this and that and make it a LOT worse. Only a few shocks will make this car better and it's not a $200 set of springs, try 3-4k for triple adjustable stuff and you don't need that for the street. What this car needs is a little more power and better stopping power for the track. But I guess some people want the boulevard pimping options.
Old Jul 25, 2003, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

while i don't share the same enthusiasm as ryanmcd2....i agree...
springs are a cheep mod...which in the long run you will pay for...i put spring in my last car and i enjoyed the handling for about a year...then after that my struts went to hell and everything in my car started vibrating and shaking with the bumps as time goes on... if you want to lower the car dont' just get springs get a spring strut set...or coilovers (which i agree are not necessary in most cases cause how many people adjust their ride height on a daily weekly monthly or even yearly basis) but that is just what i recommend from my experience as well as alot of my buddies....

for those who already have springs.....i would just recommend getting new struts that are designed to function properly with a smaller stiffer spring.....
Old Jul 25, 2003, 02:35 PM
G20
Evolved Member

The Eibach springs does make the car handling better comparing to stock. I know the stock is already very good but the same argument can be made for the stock power.
Every person has his/her own prefer way to modify the car. I think the car looks better lowered in addition to the handling. I'll contact Eibach development group to see they have or recommend struts for their springs.
Old Jul 27, 2003, 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

the ProKit is desiigned to utilize your stock struts... no need to upgrade... the stock struts have a helluva lot of damping force to begin with...

you didn't notice how stiff the car came from the factory...?

any car at factory height just looks like ***, when compared to the same car with a 1 - 1.5" drop...