Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Phanton brake light

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2008, 07:36 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Phanton brake light

Have a problem that developed this week and hasnt gone away. As your are driving the "brake" light on the dash that lights up when the handbrake is engaged comes on and of during a drive without touching it. When i pull out of my driveway and brake at the bottom it comes on, after driving 1/4 of a mile it goes off. Then if you get on the brakes again it will come on. The weird thing is it sometimes comes on when you are accelerating as well. Its done it every day the weeks for my 80 miles round trip without fail. Anyone have any ideas?
Old Nov 22, 2008, 07:52 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fluid level is probably low, due to brake pads being worn down. Give your brakes a check, don't just top off your fluid.

-Will
Old Nov 22, 2008, 07:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by Mautofied.IS300
Fluid level is probably low, due to brake pads being worn down. Give your brakes a check, don't just top off your fluid.

-Will
Old Nov 22, 2008, 07:59 AM
Evolving Member

brand new brakes, 2000 miles maybe..... they are noisy/whiny as hell though
Old Nov 22, 2008, 08:00 AM
Evolved Member

Your fluid is low then. Did you use antisqueel paste on the back of the pads when they were installed = no more squeel unless they are dedicated track pads
Old Nov 22, 2008, 08:07 AM
Evolving Member

plenty of anti squeel lube, changed the brakes many times but they have never been this noisy. OEM brembo pads. And yes i i lubed the the sliding pins

the only other thig that is weird with my car that has andomly developed recently is that when i turn the headlights off, the headlight symbol on the dash dims but does not cut off completly (this causes my MR gauge lights not to go off and my aftermarket radio impossible to see). whats causing this is that the yellow corner lights are not turning off which is also causing my rear brake lights to not get brght again like they should in the daytime.......whats causing this?
Old Nov 22, 2008, 08:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Joeekrub
plenty of anti squeel lube, changed the brakes many times but they have never been this noisy. OEM brembo pads. And yes i i lubed the the sliding pins

the only other thig that is weird with my car that has andomly developed recently is that when i turn the headlights off, the headlight symbol on the dash dims but does not cut off completly (this causes my MR gauge lights not to go off and my aftermarket radio impossible to see). whats causing this is that the yellow corner lights are not turning off which is also causing my rear brake lights to not get brght again like they should in the daytime.......whats causing this?
Ahh raining lately huh. Here you go my friend get your solder gun out. Well give the connectors a check anyway.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=323902