Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

rotas and similar wheels

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2003, 06:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rotas and similar wheels

anyone have experience with the knockoff wheels such and rotas and all that. i am looking for a set of tires/wheels for the winter and dont want to wait to the last minute. chicago is known for really late and early surprise snows so i want to be prepared. if they are gonna be for 5 months a year im not buying anything expensive and dont want my enkeis eaten by salt. just something that looks decent and isnt too pricey. i have a silver evo, i was thinking gunmetal rota battle or something like that would look decent. let me know, thanks all.
Old Sep 8, 2003, 06:27 PM
Evolved Member

I had a set for my C stock Miata, and they actually weren't bad. A bit heavier than a high priced wheel, and a bit lower finish quality, but worth the money. Only issue is getting them in the proper fitment for the Evo's Brembo brakes.
Old Sep 8, 2003, 06:28 PM
Evolved Member

rotas are very good quality wheels. i believe the 15" slipstreams (they're like simple, thick, 5 spokes) are like under 12 pounds (11.8pounds if im remembering correctly..)

of course u wouldnt put on 15's but that just says that they are pretty light..
Old Sep 8, 2003, 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

www.machiii.net has some good prices...if you cant find them in your size let them know and they most likely can get them for you.

Rota's are great rims for the price but like the saying goes "you get for what you pay" but they aren't too cheap of a rim the only problem for you would be pot holes...i've driven in chicago before with my cousins cars and your freakin pot holes are as big as the cars! [over exagerating] but they are either huge or deep...and the road construction every where can really beat the crap out of rota's...if...you get thin wall tires or low profile tires...i would suggest getting some thick ones so theres enough room for bumps and what not to keep the rims from bending. light/race rims aren't meant for road use...but the Rota's will hold up just fine if you get some thick tires.
Old Sep 8, 2003, 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

yeah thanks guys, keep em coming. like i said these will be winter tires and have salt and **** on them so a bit lower finish quality is cool. they are part time wheels only.
Old Sep 9, 2003, 04:17 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
We are still stocking the 17" winter tire and wheel pack. The ASA KA3 is an inexpensive nice quality wheel you could use. Match those up with a set of 215/50-17 Bridgestone Blizzaks and you'll have a great combo. You could even shoot down the toll road right to us and pick it up

The Tire Rack
Old Sep 9, 2003, 04:19 AM
Evolved Member

I have had Rotas on my WRX. No problems whatsoever. Great bang for the buck! Beats paying big bucks for wheels, when that money can go into other fun things.

In 17inch sizes, I believe the "Action" and "SDR" will fit the Evo, and clear the brakes.
Old Sep 9, 2003, 04:34 AM
Evolved Member

From my past searches, I found no Rotas that will fit the EVO. They were supposed to be offering a wider range of offsets this year, but not as of yet.
Old Sep 9, 2003, 06:43 AM
Evolved Member

Rotas...

i hate knock off *****es...

at least they would be a cheap winter wheel...
Old Sep 9, 2003, 03:13 PM
Evolving Member

I have a set of the subzeros on my prelude, with no problems at all.
Old Sep 9, 2003, 04:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Neal@tirerack.
We are still stocking the 17" winter tire and wheel pack. The ASA KA3 is an inexpensive nice quality wheel you could use. Match those up with a set of 215/50-17 Bridgestone Blizzaks and you'll have a great combo. You could even shoot down the toll road right to us and pick it up

The Tire Rack
Neal, Do the ASA KA3 wheels fit the Evo without spacers or anything?
Old Sep 10, 2003, 04:11 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by BigBoogieman

Neal, Do the ASA KA3 wheels fit the Evo without spacers or anything?
Thanks for your question. The KA3 does not require the use of any spacers. They do come with a set of hubcentric rings, but this is pretty standard with any wheel. You would receive these, lug hardware, and center caps all at no charge
Old Sep 11, 2003, 10:40 AM
Evolving Member

keep us on top of this SDR's are really light (well under 20lbs for 18's) compared to whats out there IF they fit. I know from my WRX days that tons of people including me ran them, as daily drivers, winter wheels, and track wheels, and next to no body had issues.
Old Sep 11, 2003, 03:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Diesel
Rotas...

i hate knock off *****es...

at least they would be a cheap winter wheel...

yeah...to each his own...but IMO i dont have a problem with them unless your a show car or you claim to be "JDM" but other than that rims are rims...if they are light and are cheap then the better especially if your modifying your car just for a performance purpose than the money saved on buying those rims can be used for better tires or for more aftermarket go fast bits. keep in mind just because Rota's are imitation rims doesn't mean they are low quality...Rota has been hired to produce OEM rims for popular manufacturers in asia and europe and are a popular rim to use for auto cross in the philippines and in japan....so all in all im just saying you shouldn't look down on Rota because they are imitations...hell Blytz,OZ,BBS and a wide variety of other great rim companies copy designs off of each other but we don't look down on their products.
Old Sep 15, 2003, 10:37 AM
Evolving Member

any word on these fitting

Quick Reply: rotas and similar wheels