Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

What kind of lesser expensive coilovers for daily?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2009, 05:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by robs06mr
Funny how many I never asked what was "meant" to go on an evo but some people insist. I don't live in Nantucket with jacked up roads. I don't track my car either. I asked a question specifically on what coilovers to run and said they didn't need to be soft. Not what people thought about lowering my car becase that decision has been made already. To the ones with input in springs etc or anything informative, thanks. To people like the guy above, you're a dime a dozen on forums. Slammed isn't a 2" drop.
Cool, so how do you plan to deal with bump steer? Do you plan to correct your roll center?

Or are you just going to pick an arbitrary amount of "lowering" that you think looks good with a complete disregard for performance?

Perhaps you could have done a search on the topic and you would have found that most of the better performing springs setups (Like GT Worx or Works) don't "slam" the car or even lower it 2 inches because it eliminates your suspension travel and alters the suspension geometry negatively.

But hey, it's your car. Feel free to turn it into a sloppy pig in the name of aesthetics.

Last edited by MrBonus; Sep 3, 2009 at 05:44 AM.
Old Sep 3, 2009, 05:49 AM
Account Disabled

I have the BC racing coilovers that I got for an awesome price....well below $1k. I think they ride great although I don't have my car slammed. It's lowered but just a little.
Old Sep 3, 2009, 06:34 AM
Evolved Member

I have heard good things about KSport's and Stance. Ksports are like $900 and Stance is from $1K to $1200.
Old Sep 3, 2009, 08:02 AM

Yep, like one big sloppy pig all over the road.

Import Junky how much did you pay for yours?
BlueEvo61106, one thing I heard about Ksports is having trouble running a 9.5 wide rim. But I think I can get those pretty cheap.

So far I have a deal pending for some Megans. Then I'll have em Muellerized.
Old Sep 3, 2009, 08:05 AM
Account Disabled

I thin I paid somewhere in the high 6 to low 7hundred range for them. I honestly forget. I got a nice deal from darkside engineering.
Old Sep 3, 2009, 08:26 AM

Whoa that's cheap haha. I'm gonna see about getting some at that price now.
Old Sep 4, 2009, 10:14 AM
Evolving Member

Anybody have comments on D2 ?
Old Sep 4, 2009, 01:14 PM

i am just like you bro....wanted a nice drop and wasnt to worried about handling so i went with the swift springs like everyone suggested....i will be taking them off on sunday and istalling bc coilovers that i orderd. it was a total wast of my time to go threw all the work installing the spring just to lower it an inch. couldnt even tell i put them on in the rear. my best suggestion is to save money and go with coilovers over springs. i choose bc because they where priced under 1k, include the handy dandy rear damper extenders, have one year warrnaty, and are 99 bucks to replace damper....will do a review soon so i will keep u updated!!!
Old Sep 4, 2009, 02:06 PM

^ Thank you! Man I'm so glad to hear that cause I was close to ordering Swifts lol. Not glad at your misfortune, just glad someone else knows what kind of drop I'm looking for and can admit Swifts aren't gonna do it.
Old Sep 4, 2009, 02:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Titanium951
You can look into PIC suspension. Not sure if they any for the EVO, but you can inquire them. They have really good coilovers and excellent customer services.
They for sure DO make Evo coilovers, I run them on my car- definitely not the ride quality I had with my Bilsteins w/Works lowering springs, but way more of a drop- Thats mainly due to the 8K front/10K rear custom spring rates I chose, but the stance on them is awesome and killer on all roads that are smooth, especially at the track where I have driven them a few times. Great customer service and even gave me an evom discount, was like $1450 shipped or something... go with lesser spring rates (unless its a track car), because if you live somewhere with $hitty roads or any girl who rides in your car will complain
Old Sep 4, 2009, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

+1 for roll center kit, car rides like crap when its slammed on coilovers without the kit, I chose Whiteline, works great
Old Sep 8, 2009, 07:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Vizualmadness
i am just like you bro....wanted a nice drop and wasnt to worried about handling so i went with the swift springs like everyone suggested....i will be taking them off on sunday and istalling bc coilovers that i orderd. it was a total wast of my time to go threw all the work installing the spring just to lower it an inch. couldnt even tell i put them on in the rear. my best suggestion is to save money and go with coilovers over springs. i choose bc because they where priced under 1k, include the handy dandy rear damper extenders, have one year warrnaty, and are 99 bucks to replace damper....will do a review soon so i will keep u updated!!!
then you shouldve just bought the Tien Springs if you really didnt care about functionality.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by ROOKHOE
then you shouldve just bought the Tien Springs if you really didnt care about functionality.
tein are known for blowing the struts....i choose coilovers so i can adjust my ride height and not worry about blowing anything. ride quality wont go to **** and it wont handle like complete ****. im not sayin forget about handling completely....just saying that i would rather get the look i want and sacrifice some handling to do so. i will never do any racing unless its in a straight line so it really doesnt matter to me. life is about choices and sacrifices. i made the choice to sacrifice a lil bit of handling for the look i want. nothing wrong with that imo.