Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Is it possible to repair a IX SE BBS rim?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2010, 07:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you could put a piece of wood over the bend and smack it with a mallet back into place.

also freeport wheel on long island has taken care of me a few times
Old Mar 22, 2010, 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

theres a place caled wheel works in burlington NJ they do good work and would have that fixed in a day or less
Old Mar 22, 2010, 12:31 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks much guys, do any of these places do powder coating as well? Two birds with one stone would be sweet, I've always wanted to coat my BBS's flat black.

lord I'm by there most days from 4-6:45, if you're there next time I'll grab my buddy who works with me that also has an evo and we'll stop to say hi
Old Mar 22, 2010, 02:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah wheels america was my choice. You can ask them about powdercoating.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 07:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by NYCFJV7
Thanks much guys, do any of these places do powder coating as well? Two birds with one stone would be sweet, I've always wanted to coat my BBS's flat black.

lord I'm by there most days from 4-6:45, if you're there next time I'll grab my buddy who works with me that also has an evo and we'll stop to say hi

sounds good dude!
Old Mar 22, 2010, 08:04 PM
Evolving Member

www.wheel-repairs.com top notch work and can powder coat them for you as well. Straightened out (2) ce28ns I sent em and color matched em perfectly.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 08:18 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by FastLearner
www.wheel-repairs.com top notch work and can powder coat them for you as well. Straightened out (2) ce28ns I sent em and color matched em perfectly.
Sounds like a great shop, but they are a bit far from me(I'm in New York, they're in California). Thanks for the suggestion though, much appreciated
Old Mar 25, 2010, 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post up pics and results of the repair (and cost of repair) not paint when done?
Old Mar 25, 2010, 04:36 PM
Evolving Member

I just dropped off the rims at Wheels America in Long Island, NY. They claim the job will be done by 12 pm tomorrow, the job is for repair and powdercoating. The price per rim I was given was $135 + tax, definitely sounds like a lot to me but the car is my daily so I didn't argue as I need them back asap. They also charge an extra $20 per rim to re-mount the tires for you just as a heads-up. The total job ended up costing me $603 and change. WAY overpriced if you ask me, but whether or not I feel as though I wasted money will be determined by the finished results tomorrow. Will definitely post pics.
Old Mar 27, 2010, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

spot in freeport aswell.....**** man $600 i wouldve just bought a new set of wheels. dang dude.

Last edited by blkmkIII; Mar 27, 2010 at 09:37 AM.
Old Mar 27, 2010, 12:13 PM
Evolving Member

^ Yeah I hear you man, I felt totally ripped off. Good thing is, the rims all look brand new. You'd never know they were in the state they were previously given the way they look now. They were in horrible shape before with curb rashes, dings, dents; they were a mess. The wheels were powdercoated flat black, and look really sweet right now. It looks like the process was a bit rushed though, I can see some spots where the paint looks a tad faded. I'll probably go back when I have some time and make them fix it, super busy for the next few days.

Anyway, pics:

What do you guys think?
Old Apr 1, 2010, 08:51 AM

Wow those came out pretty good, but the black looks a little bit duller than other ones ive seen thought it would look like glossy. Still looks good regardless. How much was the rim repair alone??
Old Apr 2, 2010, 06:14 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah it's duller because it's matte black, not gloss. I wanted an anodized look but I couldn't find that anywhere so I went matte, it looks similar to a satin finish when it's waxed. Thanks for the kind words, it was a flat rate for repair/paint. Each wheel was $130+ for repair and/or paint since when they repair the rim they have to paint it anyway. I'm happy with the way the repairs came out, the wheels look brand new. I think it was far too expensive for a simple paint job on the rims that didn't need repairing though.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 08:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Could they have painted to wheels to oem color? Also on a side note.. how do you like those tires?
Old Apr 4, 2010, 09:26 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Nasty Evolution
Could they have painted to wheels to oem color? Also on a side note.. how do you like those tires?
I believe so yes, there were several E92 BMW M3 19 inch rims there being repaired to the factory aluminum finish so I'd assume they could finish them in OEM Diamond Black as well.

As for the tires, for daily driving they're awesome. They provide a decent amount of grip considering what they are. That may have to be attributed to the fact that they're 255's though(255/40/17). I wouldn't auto-x or push the limit at a HPDE with them if that's what you're asking, but for an all season they definitely get me by.

Quick Reply: Is it possible to repair a IX SE BBS rim?