Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Help! Whats wrong with my Brakes

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2011, 11:59 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
He wanted to try some oem lines, so i sent him some to try a while back....

i havent heard anything back + he still has my oem lines.

My issue was with air the abs module.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 02:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Aby@MIL.SPEC
He wanted to try some oem lines, so i sent him some to try a while back....

i havent heard anything back + he still has my oem lines.

My issue was with air the abs module.
Hey Aby Thanks for the lines....I got tied up with work and just really discouraged with the car..we put the stock lines on and it didn't fix my issue :-/

this weekend I'm taking the car to another shop if they can't figure it I'm done with the car.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 03:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Montu
Hey Aby Thanks for the lines....I got tied up with work and just really discouraged with the car..we put the stock lines on and it didn't fix my issue :-/

this weekend I'm taking the car to another shop if they can't figure it I'm done with the car.
Good to hear from ya again...

WOW, what a crazy issue. WTH could it possibly be at this point?
Old Dec 1, 2011, 04:07 PM
Evolving Member

yea I didn't know brakes can be this complicated lol

I just want to get back on Track...I'm getting the itch.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 04:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yea I didn't know brakes can be this complicated lol

I just want to get back on Track...I'm getting the itch.
Why not take it back to the dealer? If they got Mitsu of America Involved its not a bad idea to let them know its still not working right.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 04:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TommiM
Why not take it back to the dealer? If they got Mitsu of America Involved its not a bad idea to let them know its still not working right.
I'm considering taking it back but the impression I got front he tech wasn't very good.

Didn't seem too knowledgeable and mitsu of America said to replace all the hard lines + soft lines.

Also I asked them if they were going to pull the battery at any point (my dual maps) they said no...well when I picked up the car it turns out they actually drove the car on the 91 map and had no idea why it kept turning off...they just gave it allot of gas to keep it on...couldn't even bother calling to ask why my idle was weird

turns out just like I thought they pulled the battery to replace the bmc and check the push rod. My fault for not letting them know but their fault for not checking...makes me scared to go back.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 05:48 PM
Evolved Member

I'm considering taking it back but the impression I got front he tech wasn't very good.

Didn't seem too knowledgeable and mitsu of America said to replace all the hard lines + soft lines.

Also I asked them if they were going to pull the battery at any point (my dual maps) they said no...well when I picked up the car it turns out they actually drove the car on the 91 map and had no idea why it kept turning off...they just gave it allot of gas to keep it on...couldn't even bother calling to ask why my idle was weird

turns out just like I thought they pulled the battery to replace the bmc and check the push rod. My fault for not letting them know but their fault for not checking...makes me scared to go back.
Interesting. Well replacing all the hard lines is probably the only thing you havent replaced. Sorry to hear your having such a headache with your brakes.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 10:22 PM
Evolving Member

^..yea its insane
Old Dec 2, 2011, 11:24 AM
Evolving Member

bump? not sure what other idea's can be formulated but still open to any!
Old Dec 3, 2011, 06:30 AM
Evolved Member

bump? not sure what other idea's can be formulated but still open to any!

Only thing I could guess at this point would be that somewhere in one of the lines its damaged somehow or leaking in air somehow. You said you arent leaking any brake fluid anymore though, correct? Your car is acting like its got a major air bubble trapped somewhere.

I read through here and maybe I missed it somewhere, but have you got under the dash, pulled back the caarpeting and really inspected the brake pedal assembly make sure nothing funny is going on? Same thing with the other side, where the booster and bmc are bolted on, make sure its all nice and snug. pump the pedal with your hand as you look at it see if you notice anything broken.

Next suggestion would be to hook up a pressure bleeder and open your brake lines, one by one, tracking the system back to see if you can find where it might not be flowing through like it should. trace back all the hard lines and work your way up to the front of the car. As your system is pressurized you can also double check that none of your hard lines or brake lines are leaking.

Next I would verify that the abs module was/ is bled properly. g/l
Old Dec 3, 2011, 07:57 PM
Evolving Member

Have you tried pinching the rubber brake lines on all four and see if it's firm after?
Old Dec 4, 2011, 12:25 AM
Evolving Member

^
nope gonna have the shop try it...I don't have anything i trust to pinch the lines hard enough.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 10:39 AM
Evolving Member

update!

ended up taking it back to the dealer and they pinched off the brake hoses...found that my front passenger side some where below hose is the problem...which means the caliper...pretty mad since I bought a set of calipers already...and just my luck its the same side caliper that's broken on my original set...

so any one got any calipers for sale? maybe just a front passenger caliper?

Last edited by Montu; Dec 6, 2011 at 10:46 AM.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 04:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by revvin9k
I feel for ya bro......my Evo has been a nightmare as well....

I may have a solution for you though in helping you diagnose this problem.

Get your car on jack stands/lift and take off your wheels.

Pinch off all of your brake lines towards the caliper and I am assuming if you hit the pedal then.....you will have a SOLID pedal.

One at a time, remove the pinch from th LF, then try the brakes. If the pedal is SOLID from the LF attempt....you know this caliper not to be suspect or bad.

Pinch that line again and move to the next one...I imagine once you get to the bad caliper, your pedal will get spongy again. If it is indeed caliper related.

EDIT: I'm a moron.....you have SS lines....... its what I would have done in this instance as opposed to tearing **** apart again. Sorry man, running out of ideas here.

Glad you figured it out man.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 05:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by revvin9k

Glad you figured it out man.
trying to hold off on the celebration until its actually fixed LOL

I'll let you guys know when its back to normal.

pinching off the lines was made possible by the stock lines provided by Aby.

thanks again.

Quick Reply: Help! Whats wrong with my Brakes