Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Steering issue

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2012, 07:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Steering issue

Since I purchased my car I have had a bit of a steering issue that I recently decided to get treated. However it seems the cause is somewhat elusive to the local shops.

Problem:
Turning the car to the left goes 1.25 turns of the wheel
Turning to the right goes .95 turns of the wheel

Before I purchase the car I had a bodyshop check it to make sure the frame was 100% because I don't trust carfax (which came back clean) and they said the frame was in mint condition.

Had an alignment done and the car drives perfect with no pulls and the steering wheel is straight on.

Any ideas on why I can't turn as well to the right as I can to the left? What are your rotations left and right?

2005 Evolution 8
Old Mar 6, 2012, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The steering wheel may have been off before and not put on completely centered then just re centered by adjusting the front toe via the tie rods. You can either remove your steering wheel and look if there are markts where it should be centered, or look at the threads on the tie rod and see if one has substantially more threads on it.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

Count the threads on the tie rods if they are the same then the steering wheel is on offset.

Last edited by cfdfireman1; Mar 6, 2012 at 08:22 PM.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 10:07 PM
Evolving Member

Awesome thanks