Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Tein lowering springs

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2012, 12:52 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tein lowering springs

Are these any good?
Old Mar 16, 2012, 06:48 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Really?

Search much?

Old Mar 16, 2012, 07:10 AM
Evolving Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
short answer, no.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 07:13 AM
Evolving Member

I use Eibach Pro's it has a nice drop and rides nice, if you like that stiff tight feeling when your driving..
Old Mar 16, 2012, 08:02 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 724 Likes on 566 Posts
I feel like one person keeps making accounts and trolling the same "Tein Springs" new threads. Its getting ridiculous. This is like, what, the 8th thread on it this week?
Old Mar 16, 2012, 08:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Dallas J
I feel like one person keeps making accounts and trolling the same "Tein Springs" new threads. Its getting ridiculous. This is like, what, the 8th thread on it this week?
Man I was thinking the same thing! You, Smike, and myself are pointing them straight lol.

I'm curious if an admin can see if all the OP's have friendships on their accounts. Seems like someone got butt hurt and now is asking his buddies to post the same thread...just a little conspiracy of mine lol.

Sorry to get off topic, but like Smike said, search function is your friend. Or scroll down a little and look at recent topics before posting up, it's been discussed... A lot....lately...
Old Mar 16, 2012, 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MrJuls
Are these any good?
On a scale of 1-10 these would be at about -20...

l8r)
Old Mar 17, 2012, 12:04 PM
Evolving Member

Ok i get it,thanks.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 08:19 PM

Different strokes, for different folks... The S techs are a rough ride for rough roads, but they are one of the best for a performance spring until you go to a coilover.
If you want to keep the ride, yes eibach pro kit.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 05:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bsytracklife
Different strokes, for different folks... The S techs are a rough ride for rough roads, but they are one of the best for a performance spring until you go to a coilover.
FAIL. On all levels.

l8r)
Old Mar 20, 2012, 07:42 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 724 Likes on 566 Posts
Time to do some research on the suggestions of people who've actually races these cars cause this is terrible advice.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 02:03 PM

Ya sounds like you've got a lot of good input to make a sound decision?
This guy is asking for input, not people saying "no", "fail", "do some research", and he did not ask for a Racing spring, So MrJuls... What is the true usage of the car? Spirited performance street driving, On Track Road racing, Drag/street racing, or Daily driving?
Then maybe people can chime in that have experience in that style/venue. (I do Not have experience in Hard Parking or Drag/street racing)
Old Mar 21, 2012, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
umm ive got experience in these springs/ on both stock struts and on bilstein hd struts, on the stock struts i got 30k on them before any leakage or failure of my struts , replaced my upper mounts at same time as bilsteins went on have about 20k on them, and the ride isnt bad like people make it out to be, on some crappy paved roads its not the smoothest, but if u want a smooth ride go buy a bmw. All the bad talk on these are mostly hearsay without any experience of the naysayer driving with them. Id say buy them, if you do depending on age/mileage of vehicle buy new strut mounts to go with them, those are usually the first to go bad.
Good luck
Old Mar 21, 2012, 06:45 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I've driven an Evo on Teins. It kinda hopped around corners.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 10:52 PM
Evolving Member

Ya sounds like you've got a lot of good input to make a sound decision?
This guy is asking for input, not people saying "no", "fail", "do some research", and he did not ask for a Racing spring, So MrJuls... What is the true usage of the car? Spirited performance street driving, On Track Road racing, Drag/street racing, or Daily driving?
Then maybe people can chime in that have experience in that style/venue. (I do Not have experience in Hard Parking or Drag/street racing)
My driving is daily,and weekend spirited driving.I might put the car on the occasional track for a few laps.But at the moment it's my daily drive.I agree if you want a smooth comfortable ride,buy a BMW and i'm totally ok with that.I'm probably going to go for the BC Coilovers because that's good value for money.

Thanks for the help,i'll research more on my own next time without asking.People have different opinions.