Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

What would it take to get a comprehensive offset guide for Evos?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2012, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What would it take to get a comprehensive offset guide for Evos?

I've been a member here since 2004, and I've noticed that we have been lacking something that has been made available on a few of the other car specific forums I frequent. What would it take for a guru to make a wheel offset fitment guide based on diameter and wheel width? Surely someone is smart enough to put one together and make a sticky out of it.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 09:34 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 143 Likes on 119 Posts
Originally Posted by thebluesky
I've been a member here since 2004, and I've noticed that we have been lacking something that has been made available on a few of the other car specific forums I frequent. What would it take for a guru to make a wheel offset fitment guide based on diameter and wheel width? Surely someone is smart enough to put one together and make a sticky out of it.
I suppose you could go through the wheel fitment sticky at the top of this forum and enter the information into a Google Docs spreadsheet:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...s-go-here.html

But it's actually fairly straightforward to just search that thread (or the forum as a whole).
Old Apr 12, 2012, 08:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Construct
I suppose you could go through the wheel fitment sticky at the top of this forum and enter the information into a Google Docs spreadsheet:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...s-go-here.html

But it's actually fairly straightforward to just search that thread (or the forum as a whole).
Here's an example of what is on another forum. Different car, but this is FAR more straight forward than yours and would better answer many a question asked about fitment.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthrea...sion-4426.html
Old Apr 12, 2012, 08:56 PM
byt
Evolving Member

It's trickier for evos too due to the large brake calipers. Often enough wheels that should fit given a general offset do not because the particular spoke design ends up not clearing. I suppose putting the sticky into a spreadsheet would help but someone would need to have a lot of spare time on their hands.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 09:59 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 143 Likes on 119 Posts
Originally Posted by thebluesky
Here's an example of what is on another forum. Different car, but this is FAR more straight forward than yours and would better answer many a question asked about fitment.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthrea...sion-4426.html
Well if you really want it, you're probably going to have to spend some time with that thread and Excel. I'm sure it would be appreciated.