Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

In need of some new suspension (shocks)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2012, 01:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, two more questions: Where should I shop for the KYB's? And currently I like the stance of my car, pretty low, so should I look into the swift springs?
Old Jun 8, 2012, 03:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The ABS could be a number of things, but since the pump is working I would suggest checking to see if one of the ABS rings on the axles are missing teeth... it has been known to happen...
Old Jun 8, 2012, 08:50 PM
Evolving Member

Ok, I didnt take a pic but the suspension is HKS Hipermax Coilovers and the drivers front seems to be the only one blown out. Think I should only get two new fronts or change everything out?
Old Jun 8, 2012, 09:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Terribly sorry to hear about your experience with the car thus far. The same exact thing happened to me when I picked up my Evo. Everything looked/performed/felt great when I bought it, and a week later it fell apart.

If I were you, I'd just get a set of struts/springs as mentioned earlier, and leave the coilovers behind.

Oh, and I know what you're saying with the strut/coilover thing. For those of you who don't know, older cars like Foxbody Mustangs, one had to buy struts separately, and then purchase a coil-over assembly to go onto the strut that you just purchased. Also, the strut strength had to be very closely matched to the spring rate used.
Old Jun 9, 2012, 05:57 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
HKS might be rebuildable. Have front two rebuild.
Old Jun 9, 2012, 08:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DarkEvo
Likewise....I looked in there, and it appears that only one is different. This car has so many patches that its insane. The guy told a bunch of bs all around on the car but, Im stuck with it now and have to fix everything to make the car right again. Plus being I am mechanically inclined so I can do all the work myself.
Wait, you're mechanically inclined but you're can diagnose bad wheel bearings, blown shocks, and an ABS lamp? Something doesn't make sense.
Old Jun 9, 2012, 08:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AJCaron12
Wait, you're mechanically inclined but you're can diagnose bad wheel bearings, blown shocks, and an ABS lamp? Something doesn't make sense.
Don't be an a$$ hat. People can hide things very well at the time of purchase. It happened to me, and many others that know their stuff.
Old Jun 9, 2012, 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Smike
HKS might be rebuildable. Have front two rebuild.
Agreed, research this.

Dan
Old Jun 9, 2012, 10:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Blue91lx
Don't be an a$$ hat. People can hide things very well at the time of purchase. It happened to me, and many others that know their stuff.
What does hiding things on a car purchase have anything to do with someone that claims they're mechanically inclined, but seems to need help with basic repairs?
Old Jun 9, 2012, 10:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AJCaron12
What does hiding things on a car purchase have anything to do with someone that claims they're mechanically inclined, but seems to need help with basic repairs?
Clearly you're a *****, so I actually won't bother to prove my point, as you're just being ignorant.

Last edited by Blue91lx; Jun 9, 2012 at 10:42 PM.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 06:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Blue91lx
Clearly you're a *****, so I actually won't bother to prove my point, as you're just being ignorant.
Now I'm a ***** cause I'm stating facts, hahah
Old Jun 10, 2012, 08:12 AM
Evolving Member

I'm going to ignore AJCaron12 bc I don't feel the need to deal with ignorance at my age.

Anyway, going to have to buy new stuff:

What is looks like as of this morning after backing out of my driveway
Old Jun 10, 2012, 08:24 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Holy smokes :O How did that even drive? I wonder what kind of hit that was to cause damage like that.

+1 on the MR Bilsteins, here's some used ones that don't look too bad. Please note this is not my auction, just showing what's out there when searching.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280897796238

Make sure to throw this up on an alignment rack once you get this replaced, who knows what else is out of whack.

Last edited by IMPdemon; Jun 10, 2012 at 09:50 AM.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 08:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
try to sell the 3 remaining good coilovers, and get yourself a set of OEM bilsteins ( the ones that came with the MR originally). That will be your cheapest and better choice.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 08:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evoardo ix
try to sell the 3 remaining good coilovers, and get yourself a set of oem bilsteins ( the ones that came with the mr originally). That will be your cheapest and better choice.
+1

Quick Reply: In need of some new suspension (shocks)