Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Rotorpro + Brake Man 93's

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2012, 01:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rotorpro + Brake Man 93's

Hit 77k miles, and my rotors were getting pretty bad. Lots of wobble and shuddering while braking.

Went with dimpled+slotted rotor pros, fully coated black. Brake man #93 compound pads.

The previous owner had ferodo pads put in, I don't know when. The rotors were not changed as far as I could tell, unfortunately, so the pads were getting chewed up by the rotors. They still had some decent life left on them, although the front passenger pad was starting to crack and separate from the backing.

Just hit ~100 miles on the new setup, so they should be fully bedded in by now. Initial impressions are very good with this setup. Pads squealed quite a bit in the beginning, until the coating on the rotors was fully worn off. Nothing to speak of now. Just the usually whirring noise from having pads like these, with dimpled+slotted rotors. I've seen some complaints of the brake man pads squealing, but I haven't experienced that. Liberally coated all sides of the pad with copper anti-seize, so we'll see.

The brakes bite aggressively , but not overly so, braking is very predictable and linear. Pedal feel is good, no pulsating or shudder at any speed or level of braking effort. Haven't had a chance to push them very hard for extended periods of time, so I can't comment on how they fade with use and heat. I'll update after I get a chance to do so.

To summarize, so far, love this rotor and pad combo. Noise is minimal, braking is better than the old slotted+cross drilled rotors with feredo pads. Also, bled and refilled with ATE super blue. Old fluid looked like generic DOT3/DOT4 fluid, was very good color though, didn't look like it had boiled or burned.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 09:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
any update on how they work so far? I have been thinking about trying these.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 06:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've clocked around 1500 miles on 'em so far, and they've been working great. My initial impressions are still the same now, I have noticed that the dimpled rotors make more noise than the cross drilled, but that's to be expected.

I love 'em.

Last edited by greencow; Aug 10, 2012 at 06:53 AM.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 06:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I couldn't stand the noise from dimppled rotors when I had them on my car, changed them out for Centrics and was much happier.

I've never heard of Brake man #93's, where did you get them from?
Old Aug 9, 2012, 07:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by grillpt
I couldn't stand the noise from dimppled rotors when I had them on my car, changed them out for Centrics and was much happier.

I've never heard of Brake man #93's, where did you get them from?
MAP sells them.

They are much better than the Racing Brake garbage *** pads I had on the car previously my goodness they were terrible