Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Went to get alignment think shop is screwing me

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2012, 07:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Went to get alignment think shop is screwing me

Hey guys I went to get an alignment and the shop said I needed a bunch of stuff after reading up it looks like I dont... I have advans 18x9 255 tires.and the inside of them are wearing bad. Took it to a lical shop to get aligned and they said they couldnt push the camber out? The car has tanabe 7 coil ovrrs and it looks like they can be moved out more? Not sure and dont know to much about it is there something I can/have to buy to get this done or is the shop screwing me?
Old Aug 21, 2012, 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Depends on how far off it is, you can adjust camber with this bolt.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 08:10 PM

oh ok well its pretty bad specially the inside of my driver side front tire! its bald and the tires only have 4000 miles on them! they are the toyo proxxes 255x35x18 expensive lol im gonna take it to the local performance shop and see what they say
Old Aug 21, 2012, 08:18 PM

do they make aftermarket camber kits for these cars?
Old Aug 21, 2012, 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
toe in or out wears the inside much faster than camber. the factory struts have adjustment for camber in front and rear. Front has two settings -1 degree or -2 degree camber Rear camber up to -1.5 degree

You need zero toe front and rear

You need a decent alignment shop .
Old Aug 21, 2012, 10:00 PM

Find a tuning shop. Most average alignment shops won't touch your adjustable top hats/pillow mounts on your coilovers. For example, the huge tire auto parts shops over here will only do things by the book and factory directions. When your cars OEM suspension is altered by a set of coilovers, it throws off the entire geometry of your suspension depending on your new ride height, thus making factory alignment specs harder to achieve, using factory methods.
So what I mean by finding a tuning shop is, find a shop that specializes in road racing/auto cross/building race cars/etc. You may pay a bit more for your alignment but its well worth the money and piece of mind.

Edit: And when I say you may pay a bit more money, its because these shops know how to using alignment racks with lowered vehicles and such. Don't expect to pay more then $110 give or take. Not going to be a major bite to your wallet.

Last edited by DropThatHammer; Aug 21, 2012 at 10:02 PM.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 08:18 AM

awesome news guys thanks, i called a shop thats local they do a lot of autocross so im sure they will be able to get it straight. and the toe in/out i agree on just far to many times have i seen all these other cars with horrible camber "HELLA FLUSH" haha and it kills the inside of their tires. im going to do a tire rotation tonight and get the alignment done this sat ill let yall know what they say. Thanks