Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S review

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2016, 12:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S review

Hey guys, this is a fairly new tire from BFG in the A/S UHP category, launched last year without many reviews but figured I’d give them a shot.

Car is ’05 Evo, about 400hp/350tq, stock suspension, not my daily driver but sees some year-round use on the street. I came from older BFG A/S super sports but these have been surprisingly much better.

They have an aggressive directional tread that wraps around a quarter way up the sidewall, and squared off shoulders. Very aggressive look, I think they look really good on our cars. Grippy feel to the touch, high-silica compound.

Dry traction on everything from sub-freezing days to 65 degrees so far has proven great grip for the street. The cornering is predictable and gives a lot of confidence, the limits are progressive when they start to give but still really easy to correct. The cornering limits really impressed me.. quick lane changes and braking but especially blasting from long wide on-ramps, they hold at high speed for this type of tire. Pleasantly surprised so far.

Haven’t had them on deeply soaked roads yet but what really impressed me was how they did in the snow, and crappy conditions we are having. These will never be a Blizzak but for an A/S with the recent snow storm they’ve done well in 3-4” of soft and packed snow, slush and wet conditions. Accelerating from dead stops on an incline was worlds better than my previous tire (you still have to know how to drive in the snow), braking and turning on slight declines, didn’t need as many corrections etc. Gives lots more confidence.

Haven’t found any negatives yet. I read some reviews of flat spotting but I haven’t had that. Comfort is decent, especially over our crappy roads. The road noise isn’t bad, about equal to my other tires but who really cares. We’ll see how they wear over time but overall I’d recommend them so far as an A/S.

A couple pics, ignore the filthy wheels, faded brakes etc. Thanks for reading.
Attached Thumbnails BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S review-0105161434.png   BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S review-0105161433.jpg  
Old Feb 8, 2016, 08:48 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
We really like this tire as well, quite popular at the moment. Glad you like them. Thanks for the review!
Old Nov 2, 2016, 02:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Any more info on this tire? Seems really good per tire rack.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 11:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
Amazing tire, they can take quite the punishment.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 07:06 PM
Evolved Member

Any rubbing because of the thick side walls or noisy?

Thanks
Old Nov 3, 2016, 08:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Still loving these tires. I haven't put many miles on them because it's not my dd but they were great this past spring-summer. Awesome in both dry and rain. No rub since I'm on stock suspension and have lots of clearance. Minor noise at low speeds with windows down, barely noticeable to me. Impressive cornering limits for an A-S tire. These have been great all around so far.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 09:36 PM
Evolved Member

Any other picture of these. Going back and forth with the Conti dws 06