Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

getting an alignment what should i set it at??

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2017, 10:24 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj
Low rider LOL.

Do you genuinely not understand what was said?
Old Jul 21, 2017, 10:35 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj
Low rider LOL.

My track ready EvO sits almost the same. Looks good & I know it handles well!!!

Be great to get you & Sean out to my stomp'n grounds (Fontana) one day
Old Jul 21, 2017, 10:45 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
Due to hosting issues, I suspect, the pics in your build thread are no longer visible. They detailed all the work that RRE work put into your suspension aimed specifically at a road course, no matter how occasional.

Edit: Just so everyone understands, this thread exemplifies why no one posts here.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 10:54 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

^^^Fairly recent pics of my EvO are in my gallery if interested.

My suspension tune came directly from John Muellers suspension technician in combination w/Terry @ Forture Auto (10K/12K Swifts on FA510's among many other track susp enhancements)
Old Jul 21, 2017, 11:36 AM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts

Be great to get you & Sean out to my stomp'n grounds (Fontana) one day
Fontana isn't TOO far and I haven't driven there. Definitely interested, though I may be MIA until until next summer, due to school scheduling..

My suspension tune came directly from John Muellers suspension technician in combination w/Terry @ Forture Auto (10K/12K Swifts on FA510's among many other track susp enhancements)
It's nice to have someone knowledgeable help. Robert Fuller advised me on setting mine up. It sure made a difference.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 11:47 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kaj
It's nice to have someone knowledgeable help. Robert Fuller advised me on setting mine up. It sure made a difference.
OK, I'll bite. We all know that Mr.Fuller has ripped off numerous individuals, that he's gone so far as to shoot calk into people's bushings without telling them, in lieu of an applicable setup, and that his own springs have arguably the worst spring rates aimed at this platform; though, their drop is mild enough to conform with the chassis geometry and no rake. Forgetting all that, by advising you, did you go to a shop and have him work on your suspension over a period of many hours, selecting parts known to work for a very specific application, or did you read a post on a forum?

Last edited by FJF; Jul 21, 2017 at 11:50 AM. Reason: typo
Old Jul 21, 2017, 11:56 AM
kaj

Originally Posted by FJF
OK, I'll bite. We all know that Mr.Fuller has ripped off numerous individuals, that he's gone so far as to shoot calk into people's bushings without telling them, in lieu of an applicable setup, and that his own springs have arguably the worst spring rates aimed at this platform; though, their drop is mild enough to conform this the chassis geometry and no rake. Forgetting all that, by advising you, did you go to a shop and have him work on your suspension over a period of many hours, selecting parts known to work for a very specific application, or did you read a post on a forum?
Neither, actually. Not sure how reading posts on a forum would even qualify as "being advised"
Anyway, We had a lengthy conversation over the phone. I gave him info on the car and he gave me advice based on what I had to work with. I have his RSB, some bits I made myself, and followed his suggestions for spring rates and alignment specs.
The car was noticeably better driving and I've been enjoying it since.
I'm unaware of any of those problems you mention, but it was probably before I decided to delve into getting serious about how the car handles (?). My guess, seeing how I no longer see him really involved with Evos, any more.
My conversation with him was two or three years ago, if I remember right. I was impressed with how much stuff he knew and took into consideration. Just my experience, though.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 12:20 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by kaj
Fontana isn't TOO far and I haven't driven there. Definitely interested, though I may be MIA until until next summer, due to school scheduling..

I actually shared a garage w/Robert when he was running his supercharged Scion & ran a few sessions w/him.

Picked has brain a bit on suspension tuning. BTW, His FRS was no match
Old Jul 21, 2017, 12:24 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

I posted, because I had time. I don't talk about Evos often and it's not I'll be here much longer. Notice how there's no one else posting? By last count there are three people here. Who are you trying to convince of the righteousness of your ways?

Edit: I'm currently watching a series of videos about dead shopping malls. Not really a depressing thing; more like change. The most interesting thing about it are the people who work in the few stores left standing. This, among the lack of shoppers, lack of infrastructure in some cases. The employees are convinced that someone, someday will come back.

Last edited by FJF; Jul 21, 2017 at 12:32 PM.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 12:54 PM
kaj

Picked has brain a bit on suspension tuning. BTW, His FRS was no match
Last I saw he was messing with the 86 platform. He said he was having a lot of fun with it. It's been a while, though.

Originally Posted by FJF
I posted, because I had time. I don't talk about Evos often and it's not I'll be here much longer. Notice how there's no one else posting? By last count there are three people here. Who are you trying to convince of the righteousness of your ways?

Edit: I'm currently watching a series of videos about dead shopping malls. Not really a depressing thing; more like change. The most interesting thing about it are the people who work in the few stores left standing. This, among the lack of shoppers, lack of infrastructure in some cases. The employees are convinced that someone, someday will come back.
Okay, stud. You win.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 01:04 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kaj
Okay, stud. You win.
This is the problem. You guys see this as some sort of a contest. It's a forum-wide affliction. Institutionalized. It's not about helping other Evo owners or imparting information; it's about justifying your own rationale. There's a new person here, someone who hasn't been around for a while. Do you try to have a conversation about a mutually interesting topic? No. It's still all about justifying your mods - logic, math, physics, and genuine honesty aside. Guess what? No one is interested in that. Look at the thread views. No one is reading this. People still want to talk about Evos; they just don't want to do it here. You guys want to argue about dumb crap. No one else does. Look around. Once I leave just the two of you will be left. Then what?

Last edited by FJF; Jul 21, 2017 at 01:20 PM.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 01:36 PM
kaj

Another problem could be people taking things too serious. Just busting your *****, friend. Easy, tiger.
:cheers:
Old Jul 21, 2017, 02:26 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

You tried to create a culture of ignorance and conformity. Over time, driven by commercial motives and personal insecurities, you've purged this forum of its intellectual foundation. Once that happened, all others departed, too. This something you never understood. The ricers may have complained about being insulted, but they came here specifically to hear from those same folks. Once the expertise was gone, it was only a matter of time. Evo owners weren't interested in exchanging yucks with you on TBR, nor did the community respect non-Evo owning mods. Now you're the only ones left.

This was the only venue for Evolution discussion. Not anymore. The public has voted. All this was easy to predict; I first posted about it in 2007. Human nature always finds a way. People loathe tyranny. We've always loathed you.

[I'm not talking to you, Kaj.]
Old Jul 21, 2017, 02:36 PM
kaj

Originally Posted by FJF
You tried to create a culture of ignorance and conformity. Over time, driven by commercial motives and personal insecurities, you've purged this forum of its intellectual foundation. Once that happened, all others departed, too. This something you never understood. The ricers may have complained about being insulted, but they came here specifically to hear from those same folks. Once the expertise was gone, it was only a matter of time. Evo owners weren't interested in exchanging yucks with you on TBR, nor did the community respect non-Evo owning mods. Now you're the only ones left.

This was the only venue for Evolution discussion. Not anymore. The public has voted. All this was easy to predict; I first posted about it in 2007. Human nature always finds a way. People loathe tyranny. We've always loathed you.

[I'm not talking to you, Kaj.]
Understood. But, man.. that was deep. I just come here to talk cars, though.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 02:58 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
That's about how my car sits, Kaj.

Quick Reply: getting an alignment what should i set it at??