Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Taking out front lower control arm

Old Jul 8, 2018, 05:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Taking out front lower control arm

Hey guys, apologies in advance if this has been answered. I'm going to be installing whiteline W0593 (lower inner front bushing) Looking at the workshop manual it looks easy enough to remove the nuts/bolts. Is there anything I should know in advance to remove/reinstall the front LCA that might not be so obvious.

Old Jul 8, 2018, 08:28 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Looks like youve done youre homework w/the manual instructions. The removal is straight fwd & you should have no probs

I run the same bush!

Not sure how youre going to lift the EvO, but please take extra precautions before crawling under

Cheers,
Old Jul 8, 2018, 12:49 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Just be sure to thread everything in by hand because crossthreading any of this is death.

When you put the knuckle onto the ball joint, that slot can be a biatch to line up. I raise the knuckle a bit, with a floor jack, then have a punch that fits in there to line it up (grease helps, also). Lining up the ball joint is really the only thing that ever game me a problem. The bolt should slide in and out, easily, by hand. Forcing it will only mess up the threads on the bolt.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
There's a subframe corrosion recall in the eastern US states and there's lower control arms the shop has encountered they said they couldn't remove. Sometimes the bolts rust weld into the bushings. If you encounter a stubborn one you may need to leave it be unless you like big projects.