Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

LCA swap out?

Old Aug 22, 2018, 06:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
LCA swap out?

Sorry for the random question but is there a shop that offers LCA’s with upgraded bushings and ball joint? It would be easier to just swap out the LCA especially if they offer a core exchange and it will help minimize down time too.

Last edited by vmrevo9; Aug 23, 2018 at 08:27 AM.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I assume you mean Front LCAs? If so, then it's unlikely that you'll find a shop selling OEM LCAs with upgraded bushings and ball joints. My suggestion would be to purchase used LCAs on Ebay, Amazon, Evolutionm, etc... and have a shop just install the bushings and ball joints for you. I just checked Ebay and found Evo 8/9 front LCAs for around $140 USD per side. Most shops can press bushings for like $40 dollars, but that depends on the shop. I just used my own shop press and did it myself. Hardest part is getting the OEM bushing out of the front LCAs. Serious pain in the butt without shop tools. They have videos all over Youtube though if you feel adventurous.

Search this Thread