Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

New Fortune Auto Coilovers wrong spring rate

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2018, 04:03 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
New Fortune Auto Coilovers wrong spring rate

So I just got my new fortune auto coilover with swift springs that I requested with 10k front and 12k rear springs. Well when they got here today i opened up my box to find 12k front and 10k. I wanted to know if anyone knows how much of a spring rate change is ok before revalving . So if i just switch my front and rear springs will I be ok or do they need to get sent back to fortune auto before i even get to install them.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 04:38 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Originally Posted by Justin Joy
So I just got my new fortune auto coilover with swift springs that I requested with 10k front and 12k rear springs. Well when they got here today i opened up my box to find 12k front and 10k. I wanted to know if anyone knows how much of a spring rate change is ok before revalving . So if i just switch my front and rear springs will I be ok or do they need to get sent back to fortune auto before i even get to install them.
I think there is a 2K allowable variance in most valve setups, but please call this into FA & let them know what happened
Old Aug 31, 2018, 06:37 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I sent them an email and will try to call on Tuesday since it is a holiday weekend and it was to late by the time i got home.
I am pretty sure it will be fine with just swiping the springs. From looking at the certificate of assembly it looks like the front and rear have the same valving profile