Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

EBC Pad users - Advise needed

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2019, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 294 Likes on 235 Posts
Well I already have the pads and they are on the car so I am going to try them and hope for the best! Good news is that I am almost to 200 miles on them and they are getting quiet. I started doing some harder braking and its really helping them quiet down. I will bed them in on the way to the track since we will be driving through the middle of the empty desert, a perfect place to do some bedding!
Old Feb 3, 2019, 04:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Lumpy Sticks
Well I already have the pads and they are on the car so I am going to try them and hope for the best! Good news is that I am almost to 200 miles on them and they are getting quiet. I started doing some harder braking and its really helping them quiet down. I will bed them in on the way to the track since we will be driving through the middle of the empty desert, a perfect place to do some bedding!
I have had several sets of EBC yellows. I typically re-bed the pads after about 300 miles. If I felt they were glazing up from street driving, I would re-bed them. They didn't make noise on my car. If I could not get them to re-bed properly I took them off and sanded the pads on a flat surface to remove the glaze, re-installed and rebedded them. Voila
I knew a guy who did use the EBC blues. He bedded his in after about 100 miles using typical bedding procedure. In driving that car, i felt the brakes needed to be warmed up just a little for street use. Drag the brakes for a minute works.
I never found the yellows to chunk at all but YMMV
Old Feb 3, 2019, 11:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 294 Likes on 235 Posts
Final update. I had 300 miles on the pads before I hit the track. I used my first session to bed them in. After they were bedded, my brake pedal felt completely different, softer. My second session, I pushed the brakes hard for 4 laps, the did a cool down. Pushed hard for another 4 laps and did a cool down. The pads have a pretty good bite to them. On my 3rd session, I could get about 6-7 laps in before starting to smell the brakes coming off the straight at 120 mph. They didn't fade, just got stinky. No more sqeaking either. Hopefully next time the track is dry and I can really push them to see what they can or cant do.